forum

Skinning tutorial (+ skinning support)

posted
Total Posts
show more
Eizan Arizawa

MioAkiyama wrote:

Can we skin the loader logo (when we Launch osu! Skin the logo who appears on our deskop)
To bad it's not skinned.
FappyBabes
tyty for ur help!
FappyBabes
How do you change pippi? i dont think it shows.
ncuh
Can't change matchsetup-background/search/lobby. It's all png 1024x768
Nathanael

prky wrote:

pippi? where?

ncuh wrote:

Those are no longer used.
ncuh

Nathanael wrote:

ncuh wrote:

Those are no longer used.
Oh...sad...So only menu-background?
Ayesha Altugle
yes.
dws123

prky wrote:

If you mean as in pippi the osu! mascot then its just used for the default skin taiko pippidon and comboburst if I'm not mistaken
If you mean pippidons, they are not included in the default skin, and there are pippidonclear(s), pippidonfail(s), pippidonidle(s) and pippidonkiai(s)
FappyBabes

Nathanael wrote:

prky wrote:

pippi? where?

The girl that pops up. can u change her? if u can how?
FappyBabes

dws123 wrote:

prky wrote:

If you mean as in pippi the osu! mascot then its just used for the default skin taiko pippidon and comboburst if I'm not mistaken
If you mean pippidons, they are not included in the default skin, and there are pippidonclear(s), pippidonfail(s), pippidonidle(s) and pippidonkiai(s)
The pippi for combo burst. Can u change her into someone else? if u can how?
Ayesha Altugle
comboburst.png

or if you want multiple comboburst,

use comboburst-(n) for example
comboburst-1 comboburst-2 etc.
Rio-
or comboburst-(number).png if it's more than one (comboburst-0, comboburst-1, etc) into Your skin folder
FappyBabes
ty
xclaudioh
good tutorial
Eismis
Few things I want to ask:
New defaults skin scorebar changes it's color when it's getting lower/higher.
I know how to make it change using scorebar-ki files, but is there a way to do it without -ki files? (If yes, continue reading, please)
Does the scorebar-marker has to do anything with this?
If not, can it be changed in skin.ini?
tobuei
Can anyone tell me if the part circled in blue is skinnable? i couldn't locate it in the default skin files,
as you can see in the red circled part the center circle is out of alignment i just noticed this and now i cannot unsee it

also another question
is there a separate .ini file for taiko or can one be made?
OsuMe65
1. Uses the approach circle and the taiko hit circle (iirc)
2. No. There's no separate .ini file for Taiko.
Pendual
How do i make the animation of the lifebar fast? it runs fast when in preview but ingame its slow. Can anyone help?
it runs way too sluggish ingame :/
spleen107
idk if i can get any help for skinning osu mania here but ill ask.

I'm using this skin: t/164309
I changed the noteboard to be transparent but i cant figure out how to make that black box at the bottom under the keys transparent as well. Is there a .png, or something in the .ini file i can change to make it transparent?
Topic Starter
MLGnom

Lawrencium wrote:

How do i make the animation of the lifebar fast? it runs fast when in preview but ingame its slow. Can anyone help?
Add to skin.ini AnimationFrameRate: X (X is the amount of frames you want to be animated within a second, more of them faster animation).

spleen107 wrote:

idk if i can get any help for skinning osu mania here but ill ask.

I'm using this skin: t/164309
I changed the noteboard to be transparent but i cant figure out how to make that black box at the bottom under the keys transparent as well. Is there a .png, or something in the .ini file i can change to make it transparent?
As far as I know you can't make it transparent right now.
Pendual
Just tried it out. Works great thanks so much! :)
spleen107
:( alright thanks
- [ Kaze ] -

What's that? Is that lightning? I try delete lightning.png but not work :|
Eizan Arizawa

- [ Kaze ] - wrote:

What's that? Is that lightning? I try delete lightning.png but not work :|
that particle300.png
check in your skin folder if you have "particle50, particle100, particle300" delete that and your problem solved :D
or if there nothing in your skin folder just put "hit300k - hit0" on your skin folder
- [ Kaze ] -
Thankyou, that work. But i still have question.

How about that, that appear after hitting circle but not lightning or particle.
Eizan Arizawa

- [ Kaze ] - wrote:

disable this
- [ Kaze ] -

Eizan Arizawa wrote:

- [ Kaze ] - wrote:

disable this
Nope, i want to know how to have this, i want add to my skin.
Eizan Arizawa

- [ Kaze ] - wrote:

Nope, i want to know how to have this, i want add to my skin.
put here on your skin folder, if name changed rename it to "lighting.png"
- [ Kaze ] -
I think it isn't lightning Because, a skin i capture screenshot don't have lightning.png and your skin don't have too
Eizan Arizawa

- [ Kaze ] - wrote:

I think it isn't lightning Because, a skin i capture screenshot don't have lightning.png and your skin don't have too
if that's not lighting maybe your "hit300,hit100,hit50,or hit0"?
- [ Kaze ] -

Eizan Arizawa wrote:

No, not hitxxx.

I mean green color here. I think it's something in skin.ini. I guess it's HitCircleOverlap and tried but not work.
Eizan Arizawa

- [ Kaze ] - wrote:

Eizan Arizawa wrote:

No, not hitxxx.

I mean green color here. I think it's something in skin.ini. I guess it's HitCircleOverlap and tried but not work.
you want this on your skin right?
just put this on your skin and enable this
- [ Kaze ] -
Just find out, that's default lighting. Just delete lighting.png i everything work as i want. Thankyou so much!
Granger
Does the game only color tint white parts of the ctb fruits?

I got a image of a ice crystall i liked from google and tried it out, ingame it was color tinted but only very subtle so i thought greyscaling the image would make the tint stronger but it looks just grey now. (ingame ofc)
Eizan Arizawa

Granger wrote:

I got a image of a ice crystall i liked from google and tried it out, ingame it was color tinted but only very subtle so i thought greyscaling the image would make the tint stronger but it looks just grey now. (ingame ofc)
if you want the image not tintned why not use "fruit-(name fruit)-overlay" and make "fruit-(name fruit)" blank?
dws123

Granger wrote:

make the fruit-(x).png the parts that you want tinted all white, like this
make the fruit-(x)-overlay.png the outline, like this
ninfiia
Hi! Is there any way to have the background image on each song be in full screen? It only seems to work when it's a video. The taiko slider I'm using is transparent.
aizhid
http://puu.sh/8vnhx.jpg
I seen this in rrtyui's livestream.
I also have his back ground downloaded from his profile page, but how do we actually change the back ground to a different color?

If anyone know please explain in detail since I'm a noob at this stuff, thanks!
Nathanael
Most likely he changed the beatmap backgrounds manually.
Granger

Eizan Arizawa wrote:

Granger wrote:

if you want the image not tintned why not use "fruit-(name fruit)-overlay" and make "fruit-(name fruit)" blank?
I want the image tinted, but not as much as it is now, i fiddled around with the brightness settings but it either tints the image fully or it doesnt tint at all, i thought it was very subtly tinted at first but i figured that that was just the images own color already... :< (striked part was appartently a bug? Cant recreate it anymore...)

I want to achieve an effect similar to the purple crystall in the picture but i want the tint to be weaker, so all crystalls look more blue while it glows in the tints color. If thats understandable.

While this works nicely with purple tints currently the other colors totally override the base color, a red tint makes the crystall... just red. Which bugs me since the effect from the purple tint looks awesome.

This is the base i have currently:

Also sorry for the late answer, i fell asleep shortly after i wrote that...
show more