forum

Skinning tutorial (+ skinning support)

posted
Total Posts
show more
Mushu

OsuMe65 wrote:

comboburst-(n).wav (must begin with 0 till infinite)

then, add ComboBurstSounds: (combo of the first sound), (combo of the 2nd sound),...

eg. comboburst-0.wav, comboburst-1.wav, comboburst-2.wav

[General]
ComboBurstSounds: 100, 200, 300

You will hear comboburst-0.wav on the 100th combo, comboburst-1 at 200th combo and comboburst-2.wav at 300th combo
k i must be missing something because it keeps saying 100 combo at 30 combo.

i copied and pasted this ( ComboBurstSounds: 100, 200, 300) under the general section in the skin ini. and for the 100 combo wav file i renamed it to this (comboburst-0)
OsuMe65
ohwait...
Sorry for that mistake

it's CustomComboBurstSounds... not ComboBurstSounds.
Mushu

OsuMe65 wrote:

ohwait...
Sorry for that mistake

it's CustomComboBurstSounds... not ComboBurstSounds.

k thnx a lot it works now.
Tanoc
thanks ^^
Ziggo
When the reverse array in a slider is hit, a little hit burst comes up. Is there a way to prevent this?

Ayesha Altugle
that one? no

but

sliderpoint30? yes
Topic Starter
MLGnom

vahn10 wrote:

that one? no

but

sliderpoint30? yes
And the point of saying about sliderpoint30 if he didn't even asked for it? Don't write things that are not associated with asked question.
OsuMe65
The circle popping in the beginning of the slider can't be modified. It uses the entire hitcircle (hitcircle.png + hitcircleoverlay.png)
Ziggo
Okay, thanks for your answers. Too bad it's not changeable. T_T
CarinderYeah
Sir MLGnom, is the part where the skin.ini on the first post of this thread updated?

Can I ask for help? This is what is currently on my Skin.ini:

SPOILER
Version: 2
AllowSliderBallTint: 1
ComboBurstRandom: 1
CursorCentre: 1
CursorExpand: 1
CursorRotate: 1
CursorTrailRotate: 1
CustomComboBurstSounds: 30, 60, 100, 150, 200, 250, 300, 350, 400, 450, 500, 550, 600, 650, 700, 750, 800, 850, 900, 950, 1000, 1050, 1100, 1150, 1200, 1250, 1300, 1350, 1400, 1450, 1500, 1550, 1600, 1650, 1700, 1750, 1800, 1850, 1900, 1950, 2000, 2050, 2100, 2150, 2200, 2250, 2300, 2350, 2400, 2450, 2500, 2550, 2600, 2650, 2700, 2750, 2800, 2850, 2900, 2950, 3000, 3050, 3100, 3150, 3200, 3250, 3300, 3350, 3400, 3450, 3500, 3550, 3600, 3650, 3700, 3750, 3800, 3850, 3900, 3950, 4000, 4100, 4200, 4300, 4400, 4500, 4600, 4700, 4800, 4900, 5000
HitCircleOverlayAboveNumber: 1
SliderBallFlip: 0
SliderBallFrames: 0
SliderStyle: 2
SpinnerFadePlayfield: 0
SpinnerNoBlink: 0
SpinnerStyle: 1 <= This is for whether Osu! uses the old behavior or the new behavior right?

[Colours]

Combo1: 255,255,255
Combo2: 255,255,255
Combo3: 255,255,255
Combo4: 255,255,255
Combo5: 255,255,255
Combo6: 255,255,255
Combo7: 255,255,255
Combo8: 255,255,255
MenuGlow: 0,0,0 <= for supporter only, no?

SliderBorder : 255,255,255
SliderTrackOverride: 0,0,0

SongSelectActiveText: 250,250,250
SongSelectInactiveText: 150,150,150

[Fonts] HitCirclePrefix: default
HitCircleOverlap: 0
ScorePrefix: score
ScoreOverlap: 0

Is this all that is there or there are more codes that can be included? Would it be ok if I ask for all the other commands not included there?
Topic Starter
MLGnom
SpinnerStyle: 1 <= This is for whether Osu! uses the old behavior or the new behavior right?
Spinner style is dependant on old skin/new skin behaviour. Version:1/2 will change your spinner.

MenuGlow: 0,0,0 <= for supporter only, no?
Yes, it is. Supporter only.

Missing :

SpinnerBackground: 255,255,255
It fixes old style spinner background dim.
See THIS post for more details.
Hatsune Chiyo

TouchFluffyTail wrote:

Colored slider balls is kinda cool, I dunno if I'll keep using it though, since I had my slider ball white for readability in the first place. :P
can I have your reverse arrow and hitcircle? :p for personal use ofc 0:)
--
anyway, I have some questions (not related to TFT):
  1. does these other elements (except menuback.wav) will also be loaded?
  2. does animated parts affect skin load time(and/or)pc's performance while playing?
Topic Starter
MLGnom

Hatsune Chiyo wrote:

TouchFluffyTail wrote:

Colored slider balls is kinda cool, I dunno if I'll keep using it though, since I had my slider ball white for readability in the first place. :P
can I have your reverse arrow and hitcircle? :p for personal use ofc 0:)
--
anyway, I have some questions (not related to TFT):
  1. does these other elements (except menuback.wav) will also be loaded?
  2. does animated parts affect skin load time(and/or)pc's performance while playing?
1. No, only correctly named files are loaded.
2. As far as I know it shouldn't because skin is loaded and rendered in moment of selecting skin/starting osu!. But it might be if you make a long animation and really fast. Something like 30 or more frames.
Primusvici
Is there a way to delete the black background behind mania-keys?
SPOILER
Mania keys are transparent
TouchFluffyTail

Primusvici wrote:

Is there a way to delete the black background behind mania-keys?
SPOILER
Mania keys are transparent
Not possible unfortunately.
Kert
Is there any way to make area behind this darker? So you can see numbers on maps with bright bg
Rio-

Kert wrote:

Is there any way to make area behind this darker? So you can see numbers on maps with bright bg
no you can't.... but You can use Drop Shadow tools in Photoshop or other editing-program to all of the default-(0-9).png
Ayesha Altugle
or try using the stroke one ( I dunno how it is called ) and choose something darker like black
OsuMe65

satriobp wrote:

Kert wrote:

no you can't.... but You can use Drop Shadow tools in Photoshop or other editing-program to all of the default-(0-9).png
Black Outer Glow will do
Kert
Anything apart from changing font?
I had an idea of making wide hp bar but unfortunately it's layer is higher than font
TouchFluffyTail
The absolute most you could do is black the entire transparent background on the numbers, this would fudge the look of a black box background behind them.

You might want to set a separate 'ScorePrefix' for these so that it only pulls them for the score and not your combo and accuracy, just so it doesn't look silly.
Kert

TouchFluffyTail wrote:

You might want to set a separate 'ScorePrefix' for these so that it only pulls them for the score and not your combo and accuracy, just so it doesn't look silly.
How to do that?
TouchFluffyTail

Kert wrote:

TouchFluffyTail wrote:

How to do that? I know only prefixes for Score and Hitcircle
It's like using a custom number set in mania. In the [Fonts] section of the skin.ini you set 'ScorePrefix: score' to something different like 'ScorePrefix: BlackBG' and then you name your number set like BlackBG-0, BlackBG-1, BlackBG-2 and so on.

A quick note however; I haven't actually messed around with this too much in standard mode. It might pull your ScorePrefix for accuracy and combo, rendering this invalid. But it in theory it shouldn't do that.

Edit: You can also change your 'ScoreOverlap' (also in [Fonts]) to make the black backgrounds of the numbers match up pixel-perfect, if they don't already.

You'll also want to use a uniform width of your number's canvas to achieve a more straight look aswell.
tokaku
I saw a spinner where it was white but when the user spins it slowly turns red. How does that work and how do I do that?
Ayesha Altugle
that's spinner-middle.png
rcmero

poddo wrote:

That was just what I was looking for. That will fit perfectly on my beatmap. Have you released that skin yet?
primrose
hey guys, i was just wondering, is the screenshot shutter called shutter.wav? also when i leave my osu! idle, i was at another program, there is a sound when someone chatted me. does someone know what's the chat sound is?
tokaku
So what is spinner-middle2 and spinner-glow?
Nathanael
If you check the new default template,
  1. spinner-middle2 is the circle with a half black color that you can see behind spinner-middle.
  2. spinner-glow will show when you at least completed the spinner, of course behind spinner-bottom.
Kert
Thanks, TouchFluffyTail
Unfortunately nothing works well, except adding outer glow
Garygoh884
It would've been better if there would be another setting to change the color of the spinner glow. It may be useful to match with the skins' theme.
Ayesha Altugle
you can request it if you want actually
tokaku
I tried making a spinner-middle but nothing appeared when I tested it
OsuMe65
Make sure that you're using the new default behavior in order for that element to work
Ayesha Altugle

I would like to know what font is used in the above picture because I will also try to recreate this.

because it is bad to ask by making a new topic
Mathsma

vahn10 wrote:

I would like to know what font is used in the above picture because I will also try to recreate this.

because it is bad to ask by making a new topic
http://www.myfonts.com/fonts/emigre/mat ... t/regular/

I don't know, maybe. http://www.myfonts.com/WhatTheFont/
Ayesha Altugle
wow, you let me search for the free font for that one particular font I'm so impressed! But it is the font that I am looking for a minutes ago
Nathanael
The main post kinda needs an update so I would like to update it with some help so if anyone wanted to put or change something, throw a message here or me via PM and I'll check it. I already asked MLGnom about this and got their permission.
cageslammer
Hey. im making a custom skin and i was wondering. can you alternate between section pass images? kinda like the combo burst images?

took me an hour to find this page -.-
OsuMe65
.png only (except menu-background.jpg)
And section images can't alternate like the comboburst
show more