show more
AnceriI Sacred
doesnt answer my question
Ayesha Altugle
Yes it is that you have to

vahn10 wrote:

Hold C

OsuMe65
Holding "C" alone creates just a dot. Moving your cursor while holding "C" makes sense for skywriting
AnceriI Sacred
guys, i mean if there is a possibility to skywrite all the time without having to hold c all the time as well
OsuMe65
Not possible, so far.
- Marco -
I can't skywrite, i also used vahn10 with the cursor-smoke.png :c
Ayesha Altugle

marcostudios wrote:

I can't skywrite, i also used vahn10 with the cursor-smoke.png :c
Resolved through PM
deadbeat
from the changelog
[peppy] Add skin config setting for slider ball tint (AllowSliderBallTint=1).
[peppy] Add options menu setting for combo-based slider ball colour.
Custom_sliderb_colors: [peppy] Add SliderBall skin setting for changing colour of default skin sliderball.
Custom_sliderb_colors: [RBRat3] Add colorable sliderb sprites.
OsuMe65
That's one decent change over there.

This helps New Skinners, for sure.
Quichey
Not very clear how it's colorized. The only skin I can get to have colored sliderballs is the default skin.

EDIT:
Figured it out. Put it under the general stuff in the skin.ini.
//Should the Slider Ball be tinted with the combo color?
AllowSliderBallTint: 1
CarinderYeah
[!] Question

I can't seem to see my playfield.png whenever I press F2 in the song selection? and my playfield dimensions are probably on 1900x700+. Is the problem in the dimensions? I'm not on HD.
Eizan Arizawa

CarinderYeah wrote:

[!] Question

I can't seem to see my playfield.png whenever I press F2 in the song selection? and my playfield dimensions are probably on 1900x700+. Is the problem in the dimensions? I'm not on HD.
did you try to resize it before your post the problem?

any way i found this on osu!gameplay.dll but i dunno the function of this element can someone tell me? and what the name of the element?
TouchFluffyTail

Colored slider balls is kinda cool, I dunno if I'll keep using it though, since I had my slider ball white for readability in the first place. :P
RBRat3
The premise of colorable sliderballs is so skinners/mappers dont have to reinvent the wheel just to change sliderball colors, It was never my intention to add feature onto custom balls ;)

Eizan Arizawa wrote:

any way i found this on osu!gameplay.dll but i dunno the function of this element can someone tell me? and what the name of the element?
That would be the sliderball specular (which is getting changed again) it's purpose is to give the ball a specular highlight that's in a fixed position and doesn't rotate with the ball, In a nutshell it's just fake lighting. sliderb-spec.png
Eizan Arizawa

RBRat3 wrote:

The premise of colorable sliderballs is so skinners/mappers dont have to reinvent the wheel just to change sliderball colors, It was never my intention to add feature onto custom balls ;)

Eizan Arizawa wrote:

That would be the sliderball specular (which is getting changed again) it's purpose is to give the ball a specular highlight that's in a fixed position and doesn't rotate with the ball, In a nutshell it's just fake lighting. sliderb-spec.png
"sliderb-spec.png" ok i get it thank you :)
Ayesha Altugle
That looks like the sliderb used in 2007 version but it is color something like color yellow-orange
CarinderYeah

TouchFluffyTail wrote:

Colored slider balls is kinda cool, I dunno if I'll keep using it though, since I had my slider ball white for readability in the first place. :P
I like the slider ball tint. It'll just take a little getting used to.

But the most eye-catching one would be the skin you are using. Can I ask for a link?

--

Also, ignore my last post. I solved it myself. Sorry for the trouble.
TouchFluffyTail

CarinderYeah wrote:

TouchFluffyTail wrote:

I like the slider ball tint. It'll just take a little getting used to.

But the most eye-catching one would be the skin you are using. Can I ask for a link?

--

Also, ignore my last post. I solved it myself. Sorry for the trouble.
It's my personal skin that I've been Editing off and on for two years so there's no link. It prolly won't ever be released because it uses a small amount of borrowed elements and I don't think I'll make replacements for them anytime soon. :P
Ayesha Altugle
can you tell me what's the function of that sliderb-nd?

Marcin
Not skinnable, mistake when uploading :(
RBRat3

vahn10 wrote:

That would be the sliderb secondary, It's a static sprite like the specular that sits underneath the sliderball and gives it the ability to have a colorable secondary color which isn't currently configurable right now but soon will be.
Eizan Arizawa
this is emoticon right? how do i use this?
Ayesha Altugle

RBRat3 wrote:

vahn10 wrote:

That would be the sliderb secondary, It's a static sprite like the specular that sits underneath the sliderball and gives it the ability to have a colorable secondary color which isn't currently configurable right now but soon will be.
The tinting part?

Thanks for the information
RBRat3

vahn10 wrote:

The tinting part?

Thanks for the information
Its a part that will soon be tintable but as of now it just makes up the black parts of the sliderball.
For now spec and nd are not skinnable just the sliderb and only work on the default ball.

Maybe this will help explain things better :D
Ayesha Altugle

RBRat3 wrote:

ok, now I understand how it works.

but what's up with that colorable specular?
RBRat3
:oops:

vahn10 wrote:

RBRat3 wrote:

ok, now I understand how it works.

but what's up with that colorable specular?
It's not being colored it's adding higher value levels till it reaches white (or any other color), It's similar to using luminosity/lighting layer fx on photoshop. There are other elements that do this such as lighting.png, particle###.png, LightingN.png etc..
Ayesha Altugle
thanks again
Mhinzo
I hope you can help me.

How I can make the Slider so nice?

Look at this video. :D

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QZjkdSTkiVY
Nara_NB
It's me again :P I finally set up all the elements, but one of them doesn't work, I dunno if the name I wrote is wrong, or if that element doesn't work either; its name is menu-background.png, and it should appear behind the osu! menu icon instead of the blue background, how can I make it work? :D
Nathanael
Menu Background only works if youre a supporter. Also, its image format is JPG.

This is the 3,000,000th post of the forum. XD
Ayesha Altugle
1. Make sure that is in .jpg format
2. Be a supporter

Edit: Ninja'd

This the first time I was ninja'd by Nathanael

Edit: dat 1 second post

edit: what's next to that 3,000,000th post is this one
Nara_NB
oh :| well, then I can only see it if I'm supporter? uh.. it's fine, at least I know that it CAN work :roll: and thank you :oops:
Mushu
im trying to use the ddr extreme announcer for the combo counter. anyone know what for example i would name the file in my skin for 100 combo all the way up to 2000 combo?
OsuMe65
comboburst-(n).wav (must begin with 0 till infinite)

then, add ComboBurstSounds: (combo of the first sound), (combo of the 2nd sound),...

eg. comboburst-0.wav, comboburst-1.wav, comboburst-2.wav

[General]
ComboBurstSounds: 100, 200, 300

You will hear comboburst-0.wav on the 100th combo, comboburst-1 at 200th combo and comboburst-2.wav at 300th combo
Mushu

OsuMe65 wrote:

comboburst-(n).wav (must begin with 0 till infinite)

then, add ComboBurstSounds: (combo of the first sound), (combo of the 2nd sound),...

eg. comboburst-0.wav, comboburst-1.wav, comboburst-2.wav

[General]
ComboBurstSounds: 100, 200, 300

You will hear comboburst-0.wav on the 100th combo, comboburst-1 at 200th combo and comboburst-2.wav at 300th combo
k i must be missing something because it keeps saying 100 combo at 30 combo.

i copied and pasted this ( ComboBurstSounds: 100, 200, 300) under the general section in the skin ini. and for the 100 combo wav file i renamed it to this (comboburst-0)
OsuMe65
ohwait...
Sorry for that mistake

it's CustomComboBurstSounds... not ComboBurstSounds.
Mushu

OsuMe65 wrote:

ohwait...
Sorry for that mistake

it's CustomComboBurstSounds... not ComboBurstSounds.

k thnx a lot it works now.
Tanoc
thanks ^^
Ziggo
When the reverse array in a slider is hit, a little hit burst comes up. Is there a way to prevent this?

Ayesha Altugle
that one? no

but

sliderpoint30? yes
show more