forum

Skinning tutorial (+ skinning support)

posted
Total Posts
show more
Orbital
Hi, sorry for being a noob to the forums.

Is there currently a way to make combos disappear from game? More specifically CtB, if it matters.
OsuMe65
no, as long as there are score-(n).png files.
Yuuki Aoi_old
Does anyone have the default skin hitsound files? I kind of need it lol. :( i can't find it anywhere.
Eizan Arizawa

[ B e a r ] wrote:

Does anyone have the default skin hitsound files? I kind of need it lol. :( i can't find it anywhere.
Here and sorry i don't have time to sort this, so you must sort it by yourself hope you like it :)
Yuuki Aoi_old

Eizan Arizawa wrote:

[ B e a r ] wrote:

Here and sorry i don't have time to sort this, so you must sort it by yourself hope you like it :)
oh, makasih! lol

edit: do you have soft-hitsound.wav? That's the sound file I needed the most. Sorry for asking too much.
Elzapatoverde

[ B e a r ] wrote:

In the first page of this thread theres an Old and New skin template, you can find every default element there.
Yuuki Aoi_old

elzapatoverde wrote:

[ B e a r ] wrote:

In the first page of this thread theres an Old and New skin template, you can find every default element there.
ah omg i'm so dumb, thank you for pointing that out!
Gengar
Can someone help me find what skin this if from?
Haskorion

Gengar wrote:

t/135588
laref
Looked around a bit and haven't spotted anything yet. Is there any way to skin away that "You have failed but can continue playing..." text you get when failing on a song in multiplayer mode?
P-San
I tried to change the combo colors but all the none of the combos appear as the colors I put.
Ex: I used
[Colours]
Combo1 : 80,220,230
Combo2 : 80,170,230
Combo3 : 40,120,255
Combo4 : 100,150,235

but got colors like orange, and yellow for combos
Inori

ntaig wrote:

Looked around a bit and haven't spotted anything yet. Is there any way to skin away that "You have failed but can continue playing..." text you get when failing on a song in multiplayer mode?
Nope.
Gengar

ReddScorn wrote:

Gengar wrote:

t/135588
Thanks so much
Topic Starter
MLGnom

PandaDoctor wrote:

I tried to change the combo colors but all the none of the combos appear as the colors I put.
Ex: I used
[Colours]
Combo1 : 80,220,230
Combo2 : 80,170,230
Combo3 : 40,120,255
Combo4 : 100,150,235

but got colors like orange, and yellow for combos
You need to disable beatmap skins (this will also disable their custom colours) if you want your own on hitcricles.

And fixed icon. :P
Djpop-san
Thanks This :cry:
NoClue
Hey guys,
I searched for a way to reskin the new back button in the option menu but came up with nothing but an unanswered question a few pages back. So, if I may resurrect this question, is it possible / what is the name of that file?
Nathanael
I believe its not yet skinnable.
OsuMe65
It's embedded on the main UI itself. Truly not possible.
The Monk
In my skin.ini, i want the circle part in the beginning of a slider to be black with white borders, however, when i code it to the specific requirements in the skin.ini, it stays white and it doesn't show hitglow. Would anyone know how to fix this? :l
Rio-

Haagentii wrote:

In my skin.ini, i want the circle part in the beginning of a slider to be black with white borders, however, when i code it to the specific requirements in the skin.ini, it stays white and it doesn't show hitglow. Would anyone know how to fix this? :l
delete the "//"

SliderBorder: 255,255,255
SliderTrackOverride: 0,0,0

instead of

//SliderBorder: 255,255,255
//SliderTrackOverride: 0,0,0
blahpy
Hi,

I wanted to use the spinner from another map, so I moved the components to a new folder and starting using it as a skin and it worked fine. However, the results screen is now completely messed up and I can't seem to fix it. What have I done wrong?
Eizan Arizawa

blahpy wrote:

Hi,

I wanted to use the spinner from another map, so I moved the components to a new folder and starting using it as a skin and it worked fine. However, the results screen is now completely messed up and I can't seem to fix it. What have I done wrong?
if you using default result skin you must activated this
blahpy

Eizan Arizawa wrote:

blahpy wrote:

Hi,

if you using default skin pls activated this
This worked! But now my spinner is broken... I even tried replacing all of the other spinner parts in the template with transparent png, but it's still not working... the background image doesn't appear and there are extra circles on the spinner
Eizan Arizawa
v2 isn't have background spinner, if you ask about extra spinner that's because v2 have two element so you must use spinner-top(for front spinner) and spinner-bottom(for bottom/background spinner)
blahpy

Eizan Arizawa wrote:

v2 isn't have background spinner, if you ask about extra spinner that's because v2 have two element so you must use spinner-top(for front spinner) and spinner-bottom(for bottom/background spinner)
...I didn't want background to spin lol

Oh well, I guess I have to stay with default

Thanks for helping anyway ^^
Eizan Arizawa

blahpy wrote:

Eizan Arizawa wrote:

...I didn't want background to spin lol

Oh well, I guess I have to stay with default

Thanks for helping anyway ^^
Nah i don't mind i'm just helping people as well,How about make spinner-glow to be background?
blahpy

Eizan Arizawa wrote:

How about make spinner-glow to be background?
I can't because it flashes blue
Nathanael
May I ask, what beatmap is that?
blahpy

Nathanael wrote:

May I ask, what beatmap is that?
You may,
it's https://osu.ppy.sh/b/83261
Nathanael
Oh, the old default behavior. I guess I can't help since it looks like you wanted the background.
blahpy

Nathanael wrote:

Oh, the old default behavior. I guess I can't help since it looks like you wanted the background.
Well, I wanted the transparent spinner and purple ring that closes in as you spin mainly, but I don't think I can have those either without other things interfering?
Eizan Arizawa

blahpy wrote:

Well, I wanted the transparent spinner and purple ring that closes in as you spin mainly
hmm.... you mean this
blahpy

Eizan Arizawa wrote:

blahpy wrote:

Well, I wanted the transparent spinner and purple ring that closes in as you spin mainly
hmm.... you mean this
Kind of... but at the moment we have a random white circle that goes outwards, and the spinner turns blue
Eizan Arizawa

blahpy wrote:

Kind of... but at the moment we have a random white circle that goes outwards, and the spinner turns blue
just copy spinner-top/bottom, delete the spinner-glow and change name of spinner-top/bottom (you copied before) to spinner-glow
Nathanael
You mean like this? (don't mind the center part. its a part of my skin)
blahpy
That's what I wanted yeah. I can make a quick pictures of what I'm getting if you like.
Nathanael
Packed for you. Feel free to make any changes. ;)
http://puu.sh/7QBid.zip
blahpy

Nathanael wrote:

Packed for you. Feel free to make any changes. ;)
http://puu.sh/7QBid.zip
It works! Thank you so much <3

So the problem was because I didn't have spinner-middle? okay.
Nathanael
No problem. ;)
Hatsune Chiyo

Kitokofox wrote:

fruit-drop.png

Unlike the other fruits, this one has no overlay, so in essence, it will only hold to the combo colour. Keep in mind that these are used for the slider ticks AND the slider droplets, so basically all of the insides of sliders will use this graphic.
actually, fruit-drop DO have an overlay, named fruit-drop-overlay as follows.
exact way as fail-background and pause-overlay, it's not on the template, but it's skinnable :D

I have that in my skin, and it just works.

it would be good if MLGnom put this on the first post.. no pressures, just a suggestion :p
show more