forum

Skinning tutorial (+ skinning support)

posted
Total Posts
show more
Norae
A skin is not a file. The file is a archive and you you need to extract it first. After that put the spinner image into the extracted folder and place that folder into the skin folder in the osu! directory.
Thats wat i meant! haha xD its all extracted and all. I'm currently using the skin right now but i want to modify is a little :)
sheela
What is the name of the file that make snow falling in the main menu?
Rio-

sheela901 wrote:

menu-snow I guess...
sheela

satriobp wrote:

sheela901 wrote:

menu-snow I guess...
Thank you~
DeViezeMan

Nathanael wrote:

There are three different sets of hitsounds: Normal, Soft, Drum
You can't alternate any of the sets because it follows the mapper's settings from the timing points.
Why don't you just use a single set by using the same file (or sound effect) on the other sets?
I found the normal and soft sound sets quite easily, but i couldn't find the drum hitsound set.
Do you (or anyone else) happen to know the drum set filenames so I can add custom drum hitsounds?

I'm asking because i think the absence of a costumized drumset is responsible for the standard (drum) hitsounds in this map.
Can anyone confirm i'm on the right track?

Thanks in advance.
Haskorion

DeViezeMan wrote:

Nathanael wrote:

There are three different sets of hitsounds: Normal, Soft, Drum
You can't alternate any of the sets because it follows the mapper's settings from the timing points.
Why don't you just use a single set by using the same file (or sound effect) on the other sets?
I found the normal and soft sound sets quite easily, but i couldn't find the drum hitsound set.
Do you (or anyone else) happen to know the drum set filenames so I can add custom drum hitsounds?

I'm asking because i think the absence of a costumized drumset is responsible for the standard (drum) hitsounds in this map.

Thanks in advance.
Mostly if a set of hitsounds or a single hitsound isn't included it means that the mappper finds the default sounds fitting for his/her map. Same rule applies to skins.
Here's a list of the drum hitsounds:
  1. drum-hitclap
  2. drum-hitfinish
  3. drum-hitnormal
  4. drum-hitwhistle
  5. drum-sliderslide
  6. drum-slidertick
Elzapatoverde
Hi, is there a way to disable the combo colors for ctb?

And, can we change the "back" button in the new options menu?
DeViezeMan

ReddScorn wrote:

DeViezeMan wrote:

Thanks in advance.
Mostly if a set of hitsounds or a single hitsound isn't included it means that the mappper finds the default sounds fitting for his/her map. Same rule applies to skins.
Here's a list of the drum hitsounds:
  1. drum-hitclap
  2. drum-hitfinish
  3. drum-hitnormal
  4. drum-hitwhistle
  5. drum-sliderslide
  6. drum-slidertick
Thanks for the list!

I could have guessed this, and did, with some naming errors, unfortunately. So i was nearly there. Thanks anyway :)
Norae
i'm trying to put http://puu.sh/7x0Ch.png INTO http://puu.sh/73LIa/acdcea8e41.zip <- That is thelewas latest skin which is uploaded on his youtube page ANYHOW i cannot seem to put the spinner-circle into to the skin folder :/ i've tried changing the spinner-circle to spinner-bottom and it works, however the spinner spins really slowly. Any help would be much appreciated :)
Topic Starter
MLGnom
This spinner-circle is designed for old skin behaviour and it won't work well with new spinner as it works differently.

To use that spinner-circle you need to uncheck "prefered new default skin behaviour" in options and change "Version:2" into "Version:1" in skin.ini of this skin.(Yes it have this option added).
Norae
change "Version:2" into "Version:1" in skin.ini of this skin.(Yes it have this option added).
i'm quite new to all this skins and stuff.. :/ how do i change it to version 1? from the skin.ini
Topic Starter
MLGnom
Open notepad, move skin.ini to notepad to open it, find "Version:2" and change value, save it and reload your skin.
quaternary

elzapatoverde wrote:

Use fruit-whatever-overlay.png - it doesn't change color.
Not yet.
Nara_NB
Could someone tell me how to make all the beats red? :o also, I think I have a file missing but I don't have any idea what it is x.x or maybe the spinner looks always like the original osu skin (I mean, inside it, where the approach circle appears).
That was all, tho xD and sorry if I said something wrong, this feels weird for me D:
Elzapatoverde

tuddster wrote:

elzapatoverde wrote:

Use fruit-whatever-overlay.png - it doesn't change color.
Not yet.
Ooh I was wondering why there's two fruit files , thank you :)
Elzapatoverde

Nara24 wrote:

Could someone tell me how to make all the beats red?
Do you mean the combo colors? if so: In your skin.ini file, under the "colours" section put this

Combo1: 255,0,0
Combo2: 255,0,0
Combo3: 255,0,0
Combo4: 255,0,0
Combo5: 255,0,0

(where 255,0,0 is pure red)

Nara24 wrote:

:o also, I think I have a file missing but I don't have any idea what it is x.x or maybe the spinner looks always like the original osu skin (I mean, inside it, where the approach circle appears).
That was all, tho xD and sorry if I said something wrong, this feels weird for me D:
I think you need to uncheck "prefer new default skin behaviour (animations, etc.)" in the options menu.
Hatsune Chiyo

Nara24 wrote:

Could someone tell me how to make all the beats red?
this is possible in 2 ways:
1. Make your hitcircle-overlay.png red
2. Edit your skin.ini as elzapatoverde told ya:

elzapatoverde wrote:

Do you mean the combo colors? if so: In your skin.ini file, under the "colours" section put this
Combo1: 255,0,0
Combo2: 255,0,0
Combo3: 255,0,0
Combo4: 255,0,0
Combo5: 255,0,0
(where 255,0,0 is pure red)
What's the difference?
It's on the lighting.png:
  1. If you're making your overlay red (and leaving your hitcircle blank or whatever), then your lighting will use your skin's or beatmap skin's combo colors when they appear
  2. If you're editing your skin.ini your whole set of hitcircle (hitcircle and the lighting) will be red
You can do both to make it whole red :D

REMEMBER: if you also want your sliders red, put SliderTrackOverride: 255,0,0 on your skin.ini, otherwise it'll following any combo color that is currently used (your skin or beatmap colors)

Same thing applies to CTB, just use the correct file and voila, just don't use them on taiko~! :p
Nara_NB
Thank you elzapatoverde and hatsune :D
poddo
Please help me with this i've been struggling since 1 PM, it's already 8 pm now.

The life bar(green one) doesn't go on the background like it's supposed to as seen here:

and the scorebar-ki.png is wayyy too high. how do i fix this!?
Haskorion

poddo wrote:

Please help me with this i've been struggling since 1 PM, it's already 8 pm now.

The life bar(green one) doesn't go on the background like it's supposed to as seen here:

and the scorebar-ki.png is wayyy too high. how do i fix this!?
for the scorebar-colour you have to remove 16 pixel lines at the top to have it aligned. The upper left corner of the scorebar-colour is on the position 5,16.
The same goes for the scorebar-ki images, but add pixel lines at the top of them.
poddo

ReddScorn wrote:

for the scorebar-colour you have to remove 16 pixel lines at the top to have it aligned. The upper left corner of the scorebar-colour is on the position 5,16.
The same goes for the scorebar-ki images, but add pixel lines at the top of them.
OOOOooooh. i thought the pixel spacing had to be symmetrical with the background lifebar...

THANK YOU SO MUCH..
ApplixGamer
Thank you <3
CarinderYeah
Could this be skinnable? The Mode words I mean, I know the icons (Osu Standard Icon, Taiko Standard Icon, CTB Standard Icon, and Mania Standard Icon) can be configured, but I am looking for help on the words. Additionally, I am thinking of skinning the mouse-over part too. where instead of it glowing purple, I will change that part of the mouse over.

My plan is that it will be invisible, you will see it only when you mouse over the mode.

dws123
as far as I know only this skin has those skinned, try looking through it
sorry if I'm not helping
CarinderYeah
Checked it, but it has no traces of the font being skinnable.
OsuMe65
Icon is possible; text isn't.
CarinderYeah
Oh, That's too bad. How about the Mouse Over? That is a no-no too?
OsuMe65
still no good
Rei Hakurei
is it possible to skin out the "back" button on the new option overlay ?
Rise_old_1
Heya, I've tried to skin a cursor for a skin for a long time, although I had no success, Thought I'd post it here for help :P

The cursor I'm heading for is with cursor trail of

But with these colors :
Cursor - R = 51, G = 255, B = 153
and the cursor trail something a bit lighter such as : R = 102, G = 255, B = 178

Thanks by advance if you can help :>3
Hatsune Chiyo
what part do you asked for? I honestly have no idea what you asked for.. :\
Rei Hakurei
try to make the white one as it's base cursor,
and the red as the trail one... (sorry not by file..)
Rise_old_1

- Gurc - wrote:

Heya, I've tried to skin a cursor for a skin for a long time, although I had no success, Thought I'd post it here for help :P

The cursor I'm heading for is with cursor trail of

But with these colors :
Cursor - R = 51, G = 255, B = 153
and the cursor trail something a bit lighter such as : R = 102, G = 255, B = 178

Thanks by advance if you can help :>3
I still can't do it :C It looks like crap when I recolor and gains un intentional pixels :x

I bassically tried to recolor it to Cursor - R = 51, G = 255, B = 153 and Cursor Trail - R = 102, G = 255, B = 178 but
couldn't for some reason, nor could I recolor from the original white :/
If someone could help me with recoloring It'll be much appreciated :P
Hatsune Chiyo

- Gurc - wrote:

I still can't do it :C It looks like crap when I recolor and gains un intentional pixels :x

I bassically tried to recolor it to Cursor - R = 51, G = 255, B = 153 and Cursor Trail - R = 102, G = 255, B = 178 but
Oh, you mean recolor, huh?

Try hue shift, if you're using Photoshop, access them with ctrl-alt-U, or Image > Adjustment > Hue/Saturation
If you want them colorless, drag the saturation slider to the leftmost side.. :D
Rise_old_1

Hatsune Chiyo wrote:

- Gurc - wrote:

Oh, you mean recolor, huh?

Try hue shift, if you're using Photoshop, access them with ctrl-alt-U, or Image > Adjustment > Hue/Saturation
If you want them colorless, drag the saturation slider to the leftmost side.. :D

Thanks <3 Was a lot simpler then I have realised xD
YuiHisagi
Can someone help me with the CtB Character skin?I tried to make according as Rolled's topic and don't got it :(
CarinderYeah
Hello, I came again. If possible, can someone be so kind to help me make a pippin and ryuuta out of Hikawa Renko.

This Girl, Chibi. Thanks

Elzapatoverde

YuiHisagi wrote:

Can someone help me with the CtB Character skin?I tried to make according as Rolled's topic and don't got it :(
Can you please be more specific? which element is giving you trouble?

CarinderYeah wrote:

Hello, I came again. If possible, can someone be so kind to help me make a pippin and ryuuta out of Hikawa Renko.

This Girl, Chibi. Thanks

Well that's a huge request ._. making a good pippin is hard as sh*t xD I've been doing one for two days and I'm only halfway ;A; I want to see the brave who will take this request :P

PD: I could use the image you provided to make the ryuuta, if you want to.
CarinderYeah
even just the ryuuta is fine. I have Sonico as my pippin right now. Thank you so much.
Elzapatoverde
Here
Please let me know if there is something wrong. And notice that this is the HD version.
show more