forum

Skinning tutorial (+ skinning support)

posted
Total Posts
show more
jaxter0987

OsuMe65 wrote:

1. Actually, if you're using the new default of peppy (the one that is present in the skin selection but doesn't appear in the skins folder), you can't stop them from appearing in the slider.

2. In the template, that isn't found, yes. You have to make it on your own. If you want to get rid of those, make a 1x1 sliderpoint10.png and sliderpoint30.png.

3. If there's spinner-approachcircle.png inside your skin's folder, that will show on the spinner. Make it a blank 1x1 PNG file, if you don't want.
1. That's weird because I've always been using the new default of peppy and those 10 and 30 point ticks never popped up. It was only when I downloaded and used the new default template in this thread that those 10 and 30 point ticks popped up.

2. We should fix the template then in my opinion. Ideally, I should be able to see an image file for all things that are customizable so everything can be as simple as making an image with the same dimensions and renaming that image accordingly.

I had already solved my problem but thanks for the info regardless.

Edit: I've been reading through previous pages and its interesting to see just how much I can customize my skin. I haven't read everything yet, but I'm wondering if it's possible to customize the background of the chat.

I'm probably not explaining myself very well but I'm talking about this part.
OsuMe65
simply no

Since the chat background is a part of the osu!UI and can't be customized.
And by the way, that artwork behind the chat? Can't be customized either.
[ Zan ]
Is it possible to change the volume of the hitsounds (asking about what program allows me to edit the hitsounds)? Asking this because 1 of my hitsound file is abnormally quieter than the rest of the hitsounds and I wanted to make it a bit louder.
OsuMe65
Audacity will do.
quaternary
Here's a tip when it comes to sound effect production.
Q: How do I-
A: Audacity.
Jerome
So my skin (for recording by reviz) has been doing this at the scoreboard http://puu.sh/605EQ.jpg

Someone says I need to enable "new style skin behaviour" - this does fix the scoreboard but then disables the custom spinner.
deadbeat
it doesn't disable it, so much as it'll use the other spinner animation :<
but yeah, if you want to fix that scoreboard issue, either use the new style skin animation, or fix the ranking panel element itself
OsuMe65

tuddster wrote:

Here's a tip when it comes to sound effect production.
Q: How do I-
A: Audacity.
He asked for an easy software to adjust the volume of the hitsound; not an easy software for producing hitsounds.

Read the context before posting your so-called "tips", tuddster.
Foneza
.wav should work as hitsounds right? Why can't I get my sounds to change? Is it restriction of not becoming a an osu!supporter or is it the format?
Foneza

ACEsushi wrote:

.wav should work as hitsounds right? Why can't I get my sounds to change? Is it restriction of not becoming a an osu!supporter or is it the format?
Solved it. I didn't enable sound change... =.=
_Ennea
Are there any settings one could change that affect the cursor trail? For example, this map has a neat cursor, but when trying to replicate a similar effect in a skin, it doesn't work. The cursor trail on the map seems to fade faster, with more trail images being drawn in general, and with a different draw mode (not additive). Can I change this behavior in the skin.ini or in another way? I couldn't find anything about it so far.
ivan
x
CsavarNat16

ivantaowns wrote:

What if i jsut want the change the circles? Like i want the circles from one skin and i want to merge it with the other skin i like
You can take hitcircle.png from the skin folder you like to your current skin folder.
ivan
x
CsavarNat16

ivantaowns wrote:

It wont let me drag the file into my current skin folder

It also wont show the things i edited lol wtf do i need to run something in order to make my osu restart and read it or what?
What shown in the window when you drag the file?
ivan
x
Rio-

ivantaowns wrote:

The skin that i wanted to edit but it never got edit it still has the same skins and stuff, i tried removing it by deleting it from my skin file but its still there when i open up osu. Any ideas?
Copy the Skin components from Someone's Skin that You like into Your Skin Folder, restart osu! (or alternatively, choose Your Skin again in the Skins Menu)

Vylandia wrote:

Are there any settings one could change that affect the cursor trail? For example, this map has a neat cursor, but when trying to replicate a similar effect in a skin, it doesn't work. The cursor trail on the map seems to fade faster, with more trail images being drawn in general, and with a different draw mode (not additive). Can I change this behavior in the skin.ini or in another way? I couldn't find anything about it so far.
cursor.png + cursortrail.png = Short Cursor Trail/Fade Faster
cursor.png + cursortrail.png + cursormiddle.png = Long Cursor Trail/Fade Slower
ivan
x
Rei Hakurei
each time you enter skin selection, the osk will be extracted but not deleted iirc
_Ennea

satriobp wrote:

Vylandia wrote:

cursor.png + cursortrail.png = Short Cursor Trail/Fade Faster
cursor.png + cursortrail.png + cursormiddle.png = Long Cursor Trail/Fade Slower
Yup, that seems correct. Thanks! :)
rcmero
I'm getting increasingly annoyed at this and I really need help.

I'm trying to make an osu!mania skin and no matter what I do to the images they don't assemble right. Everything else looks OK but the sliders do not.

Here are the files in case you want to take a look. https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/5197909/mania.zip
Inori

rcmero wrote:

I'm getting increasingly annoyed at this and I really need help.

I'm trying to make an osu!mania skin and no matter what I do to the images they don't assemble right. Everything else looks OK but the sliders do not.

Here are the files in case you want to take a look. https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/5197909/mania.zip
1. The dimensions of all note images have to be 82 pixels in width for them to be centered.
2. Put a black background on the lower half of the #H images, it'll block the rest of the hold that's showing up at the beginning.
rcmero

Inori wrote:

2. Put a black background on the lower half of the #H images, it'll block the rest of the hold that's showing up at the beginning.
Won't that make half the slider black?
Foneza

rcmero wrote:

Inori wrote:

Just erase the lower portion instead. For .png img format, transparentcy is allowed.
Inori

rcmero wrote:

Inori wrote:

No. This will cover the lower portion of the hold that's showing behind the hold beginning and since the imaged is flipped vertically for the hold end, it won't block the hold. Just hope that there isn't an immediate note after the hold end
Ayesha Altugle
fx'd icon
_Ennea
The default reverse arrow is black when the current combo color is really light (or white only? not sure). Can this be achieved using a custom reverse arrow as well? I haven't gotten it to work yet. Even using the default one from the template in a skin will remove this behavior.
Topic Starter
MLGnom
Nope, this behaviour is reserved only for default skin. Simply don't include any reverse arrows in your skin if you want to use default one.
AskonNox
Is it possible to use multiple hitcircles? What i mean is, i want a few different symbols shown on my hitcircle. For example i have 3 different symbols i want to use:

Hitcircle 1 - Symbol 1
Hitcircle 2 - Symbol 2
Hitcircle 3 - Symbol 3
Hitcircle 4 - Symbol 1
...and so on
Rio-

Tomoya_kun wrote:

Is it possible to use multiple hitcircles? What i mean is, i want a few different symbols shown on my hitcircle. For example i have 3 different symbols i want to use:

Hitcircle 1 - Symbol 1
Hitcircle 2 - Symbol 2
Hitcircle 3 - Symbol 3
Hitcircle 4 - Symbol 1
...and so on
I don't think It will work... but if You tried using hitcircle-0.png, hitcircle-1.png, etc.... Is it working?
AskonNox

satriobp wrote:

Tomoya_kun wrote:

Hitcircle 1 - Symbol 1
Hitcircle 2 - Symbol 2
Hitcircle 3 - Symbol 3
Hitcircle 4 - Symbol 1
...and so on
I don't think It will work... but if You tried using hitcircle-0.png, hitcircle-1.png, etc.... Is it working?

Lol i didn't even thought about that! xD
Sadly its not working :/

Edit: Forgot to say thanks ._. Thank you for the quick reply satriobp
dws123
When I press user options in multiplayer mode, the button returns back to normal, how to fix this?

also, what is mode-fruits, mode-mania, mode-osu and mode-taiko for?
I found it in a skin I downloaded a while back
pixeldesu

dws123 wrote:

When I press user options in multiplayer mode, the button returns back to normal, how to fix this?
The buttons in certain menus will stay unskinned.

dws123 wrote:

Also, the mode-x images are for the playmodes.
dws123

pixeldesu wrote:

dws123 wrote:

Also, the mode-x images are for the playmodes.
I tried deleting the mode-x images and the playmodes are still the same, apparently the playmodes are from mode-x-med, not mode-x (I think)
Topic Starter
MLGnom
Mode-X images are the images of mode that you see in the background of song selection screen.
lNiki_old
How do I fix these white bars pls?
[img]http://puu.sh/67oQw.png
[/img]

here's photoshop file with all mod icons:
puu.sh/67oSH.psd
dws123
try making the size the same as the ones in template skin, and also I can't open the psd file for some reason
Ayesha Altugle

dws123 wrote:

I can't open the psd file for some reason
me too
lNiki_old

dws123 wrote:

try making the size the same as the ones in template skin, and also I can't open the psd file for some reason
I tried, it didn't work anyways.

Try this link:
https://www.mediafire.com/?kfo3wqvp68i17jf
Topic Starter
MLGnom

lNiki wrote:

Try this link:
https://www.mediafire.com/?kfo3wqvp68i17jf
Ah, now I remember why this happens. Was helping once with this error.

It's photoshop saving settings fault. Best you can do is to tweak some setting (are there any? Never had PS so I don't know D:) or just copy all elements over new file and try saving it again.
show more