forum

Skinning tutorial (+ skinning support)

posted
Total Posts
show more
TouchFluffyTail
It should work, that's how you fix that problem. (I've done it myself)

Make sure you put it in the [Fonts] section of your skin.ini.
Timorisu
How do you skin volume bars? I mean the bar itself, not the volume-bg.jpg
Ayesha Altugle

Timorisu wrote:

How do you skin volume bars? I mean the bar itself, not the volume-bg.jpg
it is not skinnable

also fixed the icon
MiDNiGhT2903
Is it possible to have separate files for the 300's in the play field and ranking panel?
I want my 300 to be transparent while playing but appear as the normal 300 in the ranking panel.
Ayesha Altugle

MiDNiGhT2903 wrote:

Is it possible to have separate files for the 300's in the play field and ranking panel?
I want my 300 to be transparent while playing but appear as the normal 300 in the ranking panel.
make a transparent hit300-0.png and make the hit300.png visible

I knew that trick because I did this to my personal skin
explanation: (Note: if you have both hit-[judgment eg. 300, 100, 50, 0].png)
animated hitburst are shown in the gameplay
normal (non-animated) hitburst are shown in the ranking-panel
MiDNiGhT2903

vahn10 wrote:

MiDNiGhT2903 wrote:

make a transparent hit300-0.png and make the hit300.png visible

I knew that trick because I did this to my personal skin
explanation: (Note: if you have both hit-[judgment eg. 300, 100, 50, 0].png)
animated hitburst are shown in the gameplay
normal (non-animated) hitburst are shown in the ranking-panel
Thanks.
I LOVE YOU!! <3 loljk
Cheese
Kogasaka-You

Sancheese wrote:

I have no idea why but when i try to put a new Pause Background and fail Background it doesnt work.( Black screen)
I use 1024x768 and rename the files : pause-overlay/fail-background
can someone help me? please
Maybe your problem is format of file, the file using *.png not *.jpg
Cheese
Inori

Just gonna leave this here.

Does anyone know if it's possible to do per-column lighting yet? I don't like how the lighting's looking on the arrow receptors :/
Is it possible to disable the flip on the mania-note-#H images also?
TouchFluffyTail
Nope on both counts.
uoodS
When I am trying to change the beatnotes background I just get square :I
What program should I use to save it to not to get square background
Paint does not seem to work xd
TouchFluffyTail

u00dS wrote:

Any program that can support .png transparency. Like Gimp.
uoodS

TouchFluffyTail wrote:

u00dS wrote:

Any program that can support .png transparency. Like Gimp.
Ohhhhh, thank you c:
Canned Water
Is it possible the make the spinner-meter appear with the new animations on?
TouchFluffyTail

Canned Water wrote:

Nope, the new spinner only uses spinner-top, spinner-middle, spinner-middle2, spinner-bottom, and spinner-approachcircle. You can't make it use old elements like meter or background.
OsuMe65

TouchFluffyTail wrote:

Canned Water wrote:

Nope, the new spinner only uses spinner-top, spinner-middle, spinner-middle2, spinner-bottom, and spinner-approachcircle. You can't make it use old elements like meter or background.
In addition, the new meter for the new spinner is the spinner itself. spinner-glow.png indicates that the spinner is cleared. (In the old spinner, one can tell that the spinner is cleared when the meter, which is the spinner-metre.png, reaches its peak )
Haganeproductio
So, I've been working on many skins but they've never gotten this far. And I got problems. I'm currently working on the health bar and I can't find any solutions to make this thing to work right. I think the screenshots tell more than my crappy english.

SPOILER

In-game screenshot

SPOILER

This is what it should look like about (snapped from Gimp)

So, how do I have to position the scorebar-color and the scorebar-ki -things? I've tried to position them a few times and always they seem to be off. Help please?
Ayesha Altugle
try doing this (since were both using GIMP)

1. canvas size the image dimensions of scorebar-bg and move the bottom scorebar below 1 pixel then repeat the same thing until it is correctly done
2. canvas size the image dimensions of scorebar-colourand move the scorebar colour 1 pixel right then repeat the same thing until it is correctly done
3. put scorebar-ki, kidanger and kidanger down. If it is too low, adjust it with some pixels up and tweak it until it is correctly done If it is too high, adjust it by canvas size then move 1 pixel down and repeat the same thing until it is correctly done

If it does not work then you probably did not understand what I am saying because it does work
Haganeproductio
Oh, okay. Thanks a lot! ^^ I'll give it a try and ask more if it doesn't still work.
Inori

Haganeproductio wrote:

So, I've been working on many skins but they've never gotten this far. And I got problems. I'm currently working on the health bar and I can't find any solutions to make this thing to work right. I think the screenshots tell more than my crappy english.

SPOILER

In-game screenshot

SPOILER

So, how do I have to position the scorebar-color and the scorebar-ki -things? I've tried to position them a few times and always they seem to be off. Help please?
Increase the vertical canvas size and move the entire scorebar-bg image down by about 5 pixels

Increase the horizontal canvas size of the scorebar-color image and move it right about 10 or so pixels, once it's aligned correctly, be sure to recrop the image so there's no empty space to the right of the actual image.
Ayesha Altugle

Inori wrote:

Haganeproductio wrote:

SPOILER

In-game screenshot

SPOILER

Increase the vertical canvas size and move the entire scorebar-bg image down by about 5 pixels

Increase the horizontal canvas size of the scorebar-color image and move it right about 10 or so pixels, once it's aligned correctly, be sure to recrop the image so there's no empty space to the right of the actual image.
He already got the answer
Inori

vahn10 wrote:

He already got the answer
Well I was simplifying your answer but what-the-fuck-ever.
Liiraye
I have no idea what the issue is here

When I change the original hitcircle to the one I cropped it turns out like that.

I'm trying to make what I cropped out transparent, if that wasn't clear enough!
Nathanael
Looks like the hitcircle (or the hitcircleoverlay) is not saved on a PNG format. <.<
Liiraye
You saved my stupid life, thanks!
Nathanael
No problem.
Akeipoid VM-01
Do spinner backgrounds always dim now when they're active?
kernymi

Akeipoid VM-01 wrote:

Do spinner backgrounds always dim now when they're active?
Yes.
The spinner-circle also dims when you toggle Spun Out mod.
Akeipoid VM-01
Well that sucks was making a icy themed skin but it doesn't fit a good uniform style if the spinner-background dims from white to grey.
OsuMe65
best reason there is:
Yes, the spinner backgrounds are dimmed in game because of its default behaviour, no matter how beautiful it is. The meter is only highlighted while spinning. Spinner-circle will be dimmed when SpunOut mod is enabled (ninja'd btw)

Akeipoid VM-01 wrote:

Well that sucks was making a icy themed skin but it doesn't fit a good uniform style if the spinner-background dims from white to grey.
best way is, make spinner background black and focus on the icy-themed spinner meter
Akeipoid VM-01
Well thanks for the help.
and thanks for the idea hopefully it works out
zerod
"menu-back-over-0" This code is true or not?
deadbeat
there's menu-back-n.png
don't think there's a menu-back-over-n.png though
zerod
I'm confuse with menu-back-over-n and menu-backover-n
deadbeat

zHECATE wrote:

"menu-back-over-0" This code is true or not?
no, i don't think it's true

also menu-back-over-0 = menu-back-over-n
the n is a replacement for the actual number. in this case, 0 :p
zerod
;3; ok deadbeat
fjz345
How to make @2x .png s? Im working on a private skin for osu.
TouchFluffyTail
Just double the resolution of whatever you're skinning and put @2x at the end of the filename. For example hitcircleoverlay is 128x128 and hitcircleoverlay@2x is 256x256.
hanami8642
if I download the template is it going to make the laptop laggy and is it going to give me a virus ;^; ?
show more