forum

Skinning tutorial (+ skinning support)

posted
Total Posts
show more
DepthNemexis
So uhm, I was wondering, how can I change the font displayed on the notes (osu)
Rio-

DepthNemexis wrote:

So uhm, I was wondering, how can I change the font displayed on the notes (osu)
Change the default-0.png - default-9.png with other *.png files
iT0mT0m
I have problem with osu spinners. I try change spinner background but I have black background always on all skins which have installed. My resolution is 1366x768. I don't know why it doesn't work. Someone knows how to help me?
Topic Starter
MLGnom
What files you are changing? And are you sure you have enabled/disabled new skin behaviour?
iT0mT0m
I change 4 files
http://clip2net.com/s/5YcRdx
But i try use other skin with revised spinners and background and don't works.
Nathanael
Try placing SpinnerFadePlayfield : 0 inside Skin.ini
That might change the black background into transparent..
iT0mT0m
Unfortunately, it did not work
Topic Starter
MLGnom
Are you sure you have disabled new skin behaviour?
iT0mT0m
I unchecked this option and works. Very thanks. A change to something like I will not use?
Soreg
Hello, I need a little help. I wanna change the color of section pass circle in Photoshop. Since it has it's own gradient color I tried selecting it with magic wand than expand selection by 1 pixel. and deleting the default pink color. Alas the black areas of circle don't stay the same whatever I do. I tried blending options too to add my gradient colors but the black parts don't stay. And it looks silly if I lower down the opacity. Does anyone know an easier way to do this? Sorry guys I started learning PS recently and I can't find similar issues on the net :/
Rio-

Soreg wrote:

Hello, I need a little help. I wanna change the color of section pass circle in Photoshop. Since it has it's own gradient color I tried selecting it with magic wand than expand selection by 1 pixel. and deleting the default pink color. Alas the black areas of circle don't stay the same whatever I do. I tried blending options too to add my gradient colors but the black parts don't stay. And it looks silly if I lower down the opacity. Does anyone know an easier way to do this? Sorry guys I started learning PS recently and I can't find similar issues on the net :/
Well... In this case, I use Hue/Saturation features in Photoshop
Photoshop Elements - Adjusting color, saturation, and hue
Soreg
Thanks satriobp it worked like a charm :)
- Marco -
How to sync Skip with BPM of a song?
Heibel

marcostudios wrote:

What?
BlueStarYoshi
i saw in a video an effect when you are low on HP and the screen turns a little red

someone know how to do this effect? (i don't know if this is a part of the skin)

HP bar

low or empty HP bar

Ayesha Altugle
shader effects.
if you do not want it, disable it in options

pixeldesu

marcostudios wrote:

I guess there is no way to do so, or...likely just with trick around (with AnimationFramerate). But that's quite impossible.
Landere
What code do you have to put in skin.ini to change the menu glow color?
TouchFluffyTail

evillander wrote:

What code do you have to put in skin.ini to change the menu glow color?
In the [Colours] section (RGB code);

MenuGlow: #,#,#
Landere
oki, thanks :)
DeletedUser_1290088
[deleted]
Rio-

Invictus Tiberius wrote:

Hi! I'm editing the scorebar in my skin but the picture "scorebar-marker.png" doesn't work and is replaced by scorebar-ki, scorebar-danger and scorebar-danger2. How I solve this? thanks

edit: this happens in old and new style modes
I'm pretty sure that there's no component called scorebar-marker.png (for Now, I remembered that It appeared long time ago)... But You can replace the scorebar-ki.png, scorebar-danger.png and scorebar-danger2.png with the image of Your scorebar-marker.png
TouchFluffyTail
Scorebar-marker is what the updated default skin uses to replace scorebar-ki*. It's a single image that gets dynamically colorized depending on your HP amount rather than using multiple images, similar to how the new HP bar handles itself. Unfortunately you can't actually use them or their special effects at all, because if you replace them then the game strips their properties, and in the case of scorebar-marker it just goes back to using the scorebar-ki* images.
DeletedUser_1290088
[deleted]
No1Future
Hey guys I've been looking into make custom skins and I've got a quick question.

On the map "1 year 2 months 20 years" I noticed that my skin and the beatmaps skin merged to produce this:

I attempted to copy the map's skin which worked at first, but not after you use the "Ignore beatmap skin" setting.
I noticed the song has graphical settings set up:

My question is, would it be possible to create a custom skin with this "soft glow" on the hit circles or is it currently not possible via skin editing alone/Improbable?

Thanks! =)
Nathanael

No1Future wrote:

My question is, would it be possible to create a custom skin with this "soft glow" on the hit circles or is it currently not possible via skin editing alone/Improbable?
Are you referring to lighting.png?
Its the image when you have clicked/hitted a circle that is going bigger while disappearing (like from a waterdrop).
Also can be seen on kiai time (some people make these as a visible circle that is clearly visible as an advantage on HD/FL mods).
Kurogamii
maybe i'll try to make some skin for killing time :p
OsuMe65

Nathanael wrote:

No1Future wrote:

Are you referring to lighting.png?
Its the image when you have clicked/hitted a circle that is going bigger while disappearing (like from a waterdrop).
Also can be seen on kiai time (some people make these as a visible circle that is clearly visible as an advantage on HD/FL mods).
Soft, bright glow overlays on hitcirlces only appear in Kiai time. The brighter the hitcircle.png (in grayscale), the more it will become brighter in Kiai. For a custom skin alone (without that glowing overay in Kiai), that's not bad and possible though, but remember... the consequence is written on the 2nd Sentence. Just tweak hitcircle.png in Photoshop/GIMP/Paint.NET to the brightness you like and you're all set. And anyway, lighting.png @ Kiai (without HD mod) doesn't make the hitcircle bright. lighting.png is ALWAYS drawn behind circles, not in front.
[ Zan ]
Are we able to change the color of the glow the osu main menu screen projects when a song is playing on the main client yet?
Heibel

[ Zan ] wrote:

Are we able to change the color of the glow the osu main menu screen projects when a song is playing on the main client yet?
nope

Edit: Yes
Topic Starter
MLGnom

[ Zan ] wrote:

You are supporter so you can. Add this to skin.ini of your skin.

TouchFluffyTail wrote:

In the [Colours] section (RGB code);

MenuGlow: #,#,#
D e s
Hi, I have a question. How to change the color of cursormiddle.png? Mine currently blue and i want it to become red. (The cursormiddle.png is blank so i dont know how to change color)
Rio-

Paradise-desu wrote:

Hi, I have a question. How to change the color of cursormiddle.png? Mine currently blue and i want it to become red. (The cursormiddle.png is blank so i dont know how to change color)
Use 3rd-Party Graphic-Editing Program, like Photoshop or GIMP
FunnyFunkyCow_old
I made my default-0 ~ default-9 all little circles so that instead of numbers, well it displays circles...

It works well, except there's just one small thing that's bugging me.. After 10 notes of the same color, there would be two circles instead of one.. I've been playing around with the HitCircleOverlap for some time, but had no success in finding a good number to make it remain at one circle, consistently being in the center (at 50, there would always be one circle, but occasionally it would be more to the right)... Anyone happen to know a good number to put this at?
Ayesha Altugle

FunnyFunkyCow wrote:

I made my default-0 ~ default-9 all little circles so that instead of numbers, well it displays circles...

It works well, except there's just one small thing that's bugging me.. After 10 notes of the same color, there would be two circles instead of one.. I've been playing around with the HitCircleOverlap for some time, but had no success in finding a good number to make it remain at one circle, consistently being in the center (at 50, there would always be one circle, but occasionally it would be more to the right)... Anyone happen to know a good number to put this at?
quoting one user
I similarly use circles instead of numbers, though I haven't looked into it too much I THINK you might be able to use 'HitCircleOverlap' in the skin.ini to make the circles overlap eachother completely? I need to test it out.
you just have to mess with hitcircleoverlap in the skin.ini untill you get the right value.
Dexus
Make the overlap the same as the width of the image.
FunnyFunkyCow_old
http://puu.sh/4Z8ir.jpg

In the midst of stream with the HitCircleOverlap as image's width...

I guess I'll just have to guess and check a lot :l
Aeren
TouchFluffyTail
Use version: 2 in your skin.ini or use the 'prefer new skin behavior' in the skin options menu to use it.
Aeren
show more