Total Posts
show more
senofdark
omg how to fix this
my screen resolution is 1920 x 1080

Edit: found the way to fix, so just ignore this post =3=
OsuMe65

Zantsurai wrote:

How would I make it grey? (like the border for the hit circle) and when editing the skin would sliderborder go under [General] or [Colours]?
SliderBorder: 128, 128, 128

take note, your Photoshop / GIMP is your best friend in this sitation ;)
[ Zan ]

OsuMe65 wrote:

Zantsurai wrote:

How would I make it grey? (like the border for the hit circle) and when editing the skin would sliderborder go under [General] or [Colours]?
SliderBorder: 128, 128, 128

take note, your Photoshop / GIMP is your best friend in this sitation ;)
I use gimp but where would I check this RBG thing? O_o
Ayesha Altugle
animation of followpints still posible

Zantsurai wrote:

open the colors dialog box on the black or white then do it
[ Zan ]

vahn10 wrote:

animation of followpints still posible

Zantsurai wrote:

open the colors dialog box on the black or white then do it
you mean the thing where my mouse is at?
Topic Starter
MLGnom
Yes, exactly there. Just press to open it, select required colour and then take out needed values.

Ayesha Altugle

MLGnom wrote:

Yes, exactly there. Just press to open it, select required colour and then take out needed values.

I used this trick to colorhax and did you mean click?
Topic Starter
MLGnom
Press, click...well it's almost same thing. :P
-[Cow]-
but when i use the sliderballflip : 1 i always get 0
Chimeirinkyuu
May I ask, how to upload in puush?
Ayesha Altugle

Neko_Yuri34 wrote:

Register in Puush.me, activate your account from the E-mail website itself, download it and install, click the puush Icon then click on the colorless puush icon
go to key bindings if you are new to puush then upload the file
OsuMe65

vahn10 wrote:

Neko_Yuri34 wrote:

Register in Puush.me, activate your account from the E-mail website itself, download it and install, click the puush Icon then click on the colorless puush icon
go to key bindings if you are new to puush then upload the file
or...
>go to your skins folder
>find your .osk
>right-click and select "puush"
MyTeddy
Not sure why but when I let go of a key in o!m, the "mania-stage-light"s have a weird flash as if I had pressed a key twice. This doesn't happen with the regular non-skinned lights however. It only flashes once if you don't skin it. Is there a way to fix this?
jemhuntr

MyTeddy wrote:

Not sure why but when I let go of a key in o!m, the "mania-stage-light"s have a weird flash as if I had pressed a key twice. This doesn't happen with the regular non-skinned lights however. It only flashes once if you don't skin it. Is there a way to fix this?
yeah, animated stage light is crap
OsuMe65

JeMhUnTeR wrote:

MyTeddy wrote:

yeah, animated stage light is crap
there are chances that o!m animated stagelights will go perfect as fark... about 25% i guess
and it's the game's fault, if i'm wrong
FunnyFunkyCow_old
Sorry if these have been repeated, couldn't find anything via a google search :P

But about the matchsetup-background and search-background... do they still work at all? I can't seem to make either of them work at all, kinda frustrating..
OsuMe65

FunnyFunkyCow wrote:

Sorry if these have been repeated, couldn't find anything via a google search :P

But about the lobby-background and search-background... do they still work at all? I can't seem to make either of them work at all, kinda frustrating..
you heard it right... FFC

those elements won't work anymore

the menu-background.jpg is the new lobby-background and search-background.
Topic Starter
MLGnom
So, time to start making an update! A slow one…

[1.] Introduction – Will contain needed things to start skinning and both templates (old and new) to download.
Yes, you need something better than paint

[2.] Skinning Basics - this part will contain REAL BASICS of skinning like : “What is skinning” “How to install skins” “Type of skins that people like/prefer” “Which parts can be animated and how” “Difference between old style skinning and new one” and other general informations that should be here.
And of course information about why nobody likes your skin!

[3.] Skin.ini – Will be the same as it is now. Probably I might do a little clean up.
In other words, "how to mess up your skin"

[4.] Standard mode skin parts – This will be the largest part of tutorial. I will divide it into 2 parts :
New style skinning and old one. Old one will contain all standard parts and information about them. New style will contain only these that have different behaviour and parts from old one.I might include some tutorials how to do nice things, same as I have added tutorial how to crop characters to use them as combobursts etc.(Still, I need to remade it)
Nothing to see here, move along!

[5.] osu! Catch the Beat parts - well, not much too do here since nobody plays CtB.
(teehee, just kidding) : Information about skinning fruits and catcher.

[6.] Taiko parts - Same as standard ones. Information what can we do with them, what we shouln’t and why is so HARD to find fully skinned taiko…
Because nobody cares to do it okay?!

[7.] osu!mania – 2 parts : General skinning of this mode and second one will be detailed description how [X]k.ini file works and what we can do with them.
Why do you even need tutorial for this… just port skin from other game!

[8.] Sounds! – rarely(or sometimes) made by skinners, maybe because there is lack of proper tutorial how to make them…
Stop looking at me! I will do this. :<

[9.] Creating .osk files - a few words about how to make osu!skin files.
Because zips and rars are bad okay?

[10]. Uploading screenshots and skin itself onto file sharing sites. Generally I will create mini-tutorials for dropbox, puush and mediafire.
Others file hosting services are bad! And you should feel bad!

[11.] Creating nice and friendly skin threads – Few hints how to make your thread more pleasant to viewer.
Posting “Hello there, I made a skin. Here, download it at xxxxxxx. Ok, thx, bye.” is bad for health.

Clean list without crappy spoilers.
[1.] Introduction – Will contain needed things to start skinning and both templates (old and new) to download.

[2.] Skinning Basics - this part will contain REAL BASICS of skinning like : “What is skinning” “How to install skins” “Type of skins that people like/prefer” “Which parts can be animated and how” “Difference between old style skinning and new one” and other general informations that should be here.

[3.] Skin.ini – Will be the same as it is now. Probably I might do a little clean up.

[4.] Standard mode skin parts – This will be the largest part of tutorial. I will divide it into 2 parts :
New style skinning and old one. Old one will contain all standard parts and information about them. New style will contain only these that have different behavior and parts from old one.I might include some tutorials how to do nice things, same as I have added tutorial how to crop characters to use them as combobursts etc.(Still, I need to remade it)

[5.] osu! Catch the Beat parts - well, not much too do here : Information about skinning fruits and catcher

[6.] Taiko parts - Same as standard ones. Information what can we do with them, what we shouln’t and why is so HARD to find fully skinned taiko…

[7.] osu!mania – 2 parts : General skinning of this mode and second one will be detailed description how [X]k.ini file works and what we can do with them.

[8.] Sounds! – rarely(or sometimes) made by skinners, maybe because there is lack of proper tutorial how to make them…

[9.] Creating .osk files - a few words about how to make osu!skin files.

[10]. Uploading screenshots and skin itself onto file sharing sites. Generally I will create mini-tutorials for dropbox, puush and mediafire.

[11.] Creating nice and friendly skin threads – Few hints how to make your thread more pleasant to viewer.

Anything missed?
-[Cow]-
@MLGnom what version of photoshop? for windows xp?
OsuMe65

Osugye wrote:

what version of photoshop? for windows xp?
any Photoshop will do... even GIMP or Paint.NET... Corel will do also...
as long as it is not MS Paint because it's bad for your health
AussieEvil
Myself, I use Inkscape.
Jackyyy
For sounds, you could list all the sounds that can be changed and as for the hitsounds, this guide can help in determining what kinds of sounds to use for each hitsound cause something like a sustained sound on normal-hitnormal will kill streams. D=
Topic Starter
MLGnom

Jackyyy wrote:

For sounds, you could list all the sounds that can be changed and as for the hitsounds, this guide can help in determining what kinds of sounds to use for each hitsound cause something like a sustained sound on normal-hitnormal will kill streams. D=
Mhm, I remeber that people often complains about sounds. Will try to suggest something to make them better.
deadbeat
is there a skin.ini option to make it so hitbursts display under the hitcircle? like the new default skin does.
Topic Starter
MLGnom
Maybe it is, maybe not. Right now we don't know if there is something new in skin.ini. And probably won't know until full template relase... A lot of things are only available to default skin/new skin behaviour. :/
Marcin
You've put under 7. spoiler duplicate of 8. 9.
Topic Starter
MLGnom

Marcin wrote:

You've put under 7. spoiler duplicate of 8. 9.
Messed up when coping thread. (I almost deleted it's content once, but luckily had backup. :p)

Fixed.
Garygoh884
I've noticed the sprite scaling while you're playing osu!mania. Here's the facts that I've discovered so far:

The scorebar is 30% smaller than the original (0.7x), and starts 3 pixels away from left edge of mania-stage-right sprite on the 768-height resolution screen.
The mania-stage-bottom sprite is 60% bigger from the original. (1.6x) Anchor position starts from the center bottom.
jemhuntr

Garygoh884 wrote:

I've noticed the sprite scaling while you're playing osu!mania. Here's the facts that I've discovered so far:

The scorebar is 30% smaller than the original (0.7x), and starts 3 pixels away from left edge of mania-stage-right sprite on the 768-height resolution screen.
The mania-stage-bottom sprite is 60% bigger from the original. (1.6x) Anchor position starts from the center bottom.
sexy
Garygoh884
You can even make the mode selection more in style. Grab the size of the mode icon as 768x128px, then the filling area is 448x128 on the right side.

Topic Starter
MLGnom
It looks the same at every resolution? (Higher, lower, 16:9, 4:3 etc.) ?
OsuMe65

Garygoh884 wrote:

You can even make the mode selection more in style. Grab the size of the mode icon as 768x128px, then the filling area is 448x128 on the right side.

the only problem in Garygoh's styling is, the size itself (on the left) will overlap the leaderboards
eg. if you will try to cilck KDS' gameplay, which is, at #7... instead of clicking KDS' gameplay, you will accidentally clicked taiko because of the left's overlap
Garygoh884
No, I tried that by myself. When I click outside of the mode images (left side) and the cursor wasn't on the scoreboard, nothing happens and no mode was changed. This also applies when the cursor is on the leaderboard.
jemhuntr

Garygoh884 wrote:

sexy
Timorisu
8. and 9. are still duplicated :roll:
deadbeat

Timorisu wrote:

8. and 9. are still duplicated :roll:
Sorry MLGnom, i went and fixed it. hope you don't mind too much :<
Topic Starter
MLGnom
It's okay.

But what the hell... I'm 100% sure that I fixed it previously, I checked it few times. :/
Timorisu
Is there a command for the skin.ini to reduce the amount of star2s?
OsuMe65

Timorisu wrote:

there's no command like that
Timorisu

OsuMe65 wrote:

Timorisu wrote:

there's no command like that
Aw man, I really like the ones I have right now but the amount kills it :(
show more