forum

Skinning tutorial (+ skinning support)

posted
Total Posts
show more
NoClue
Hey MLGnom, was there input overlay files for the lettering? I'd like to customize the lettering to my keys I use for video purposes (so people stop asking which keys they are lol).

Also, Dropbox is awesome!
Topic Starter
MLGnom

senofdark wrote:

@2x skins is recommended for what screen resolutions ?
For any resolutions that have more than 800px in height (They will be activated by default without forcing it in config file).

NoClue wrote:

Hey MLGnom, was there input overlay files for the lettering? I'd like to customize the lettering to my keys I use for video purposes (so people stop asking which keys they are lol).

Also, Dropbox is awesome!
Hmm... no, I'm almost sure that we aren't able to skin lettering on those buttons.
senofdark
Is it possible to stop that expanding spinner without untick "prefer new default skin" ?
pixeldesu

senofdark wrote:

Is it possible to stop that expanding spinner without untick "prefer new default skin" ?
Nope, and I don't think this will be possible at all. But there are still many things open to the new default skin, so just wait and see what happens.
jemhuntr
use the old spinner.
Topic Starter
MLGnom

senofdark wrote:

Probably you want to use other new skin behaviours together with old spinner behaviour yes? Right now, you can only choose between full old skin behaviour and new one. But who knows maybe we will be able to set some options in nearest future?
pixeldesu

JeMhUnTeR wrote:

use the old spinner.
Wait...with a bit of skinning someone easily could make the new spinner "old-style". Like...setting all 3 (or 4) layers together and using the glow (after editing) as spinner-metre...wouldn't be that hard to do.
jemhuntr

pixeldesu wrote:

JeMhUnTeR wrote:

use the old spinner.
Wait...with a bit of skinning someone easily could make the new spinner "old-style". Like...setting all 3 (or 4) layers together and using the glow (after editing) as spinner-metre...wouldn't be that hard to do.
exactly what I mean
senofdark
love the new skin
(except the spinners) =3=

Edit: what is star 3 ?
OsuMe65

senofdark wrote:

love the new skin
(except the spinners) =3=

Edit: what is star 3 ?
they say star3.png appears in the main menu (those "twinkling stars" you can see there) and yet, it's unskinnable (i dunno about now)
jemhuntr
some elements on the new template still won't appear on custom skins. Circle meter, star3, and the new life bar.
OsuMe65

JeMhUnTeR wrote:

some elements on the new template still won't appear on custom skins. Circle meter, star3, and the new life bar.
i dunno wtf is dat circular meter, but for sure, i attempted skinning the new lifebar and yet... doesn't work...
star3 is perma unskinnable... but it's etter if it is skinnable...
senofdark
Can someone help me =3=
I use osu default skin that ppy uploaded (osu!gameplay-20130423) and I take the scorebar-bg and scorebar-colour. It is out of the bg ._.?
Ayesha Altugle

OsuMe65 wrote:

JeMhUnTeR wrote:

i dunno wtf is dat circular meter, but for sure, i attempted skinning the new lifebar and yet... doesn't work...
star3 is perma unskinnable... but it's etter if it is skinnable...
[list=][*]Delete scorebar-ki, kidanger and kidanger2 and replace with the new scorebar[/list]

senofdark wrote:

Can someone help me =3=
I use osu default skin that ppy uploaded (osu!gameplay-20130423) and I take the scorebar-bg and scorebar-colour. It is out of the bg ._.?
I will repositoino it for you

Edit: Here

jemhuntr

senofdark wrote:

Can someone help me =3=
yep, default skin != template skin. The new life bar's behavior wouldn't work on custom skins, that's why.
AussieEvil

JeMhUnTeR wrote:

yep, default skin != template skin. The new life bar's behavior wouldn't work on custom skins, that's why.
Until the ini comes out, I'm guessing. The lack of ini is holding back my upgrades on Wondervision.
Topic Starter
MLGnom
But what if new template don't have anything new in skin.ini?

And what you guys expect to find in it? What default skin can do that normal skin can't? :3
Heibel

MLGnom wrote:

But what if new template don't have anything new in skin.ini?

And what you guys expect to find in it? What default skin can do that normal skin can't? :3
Make that damn amazing followpoint animation
Topic Starter
MLGnom
You think is in skin.ini?

Well, let's hope so. :3
Heibel
I think it is, cause i can't get it to work unless i pick the default skin, AND check the 'prefer new skin behavior' thing. :c
jemhuntr
just animate it with multiple pngs XD
Heibel

JeMhUnTeR wrote:

Yea yea, but it's the awesum unique stretch out thing in the default skin i meant o:
OsuMe65

JeMhUnTeR wrote:

this is always the common logic of some skinners
[ Zan ]
how do I change the color of the cursor slider? (the white outline)
OsuMe65

Zantsurai wrote:

SliderBorder: 0,0,0 (those three zeros denotes RGB value)

a couple of examples:
SliderBorder: 0,0,0 (the white outline over there will become red)
SliderBorder: 0,0,255 (the white outline there will become blue)
[ Zan ]

OsuMe65 wrote:

Zantsurai wrote:

SliderBorder: 0,0,0 (those three zeros denotes RGB value)

a couple of examples:
SliderBorder: 0,0,0 (the white outline over there will become red)
SliderBorder: 0,0,255 (the white outline there will become blue)
How do I know the color values? (which makes red, which makes blue, which makes green, etc.)
Heibel

Zantsurai wrote:

How do I know the color values? (which makes red, which makes blue, which makes green, etc.)
RGB value = Red Green Blue value so

0,0,0 = Red,Green,Blue.
[ Zan ]
How would I make it grey? (like the border for the hit circle) and when editing the skin would sliderborder go under [General] or [Colours]?
senofdark
omg how to fix this
my screen resolution is 1920 x 1080

Edit: found the way to fix, so just ignore this post =3=
OsuMe65

Zantsurai wrote:

How would I make it grey? (like the border for the hit circle) and when editing the skin would sliderborder go under [General] or [Colours]?
SliderBorder: 128, 128, 128

take note, your Photoshop / GIMP is your best friend in this sitation ;)
[ Zan ]

OsuMe65 wrote:

Zantsurai wrote:

SliderBorder: 128, 128, 128

take note, your Photoshop / GIMP is your best friend in this sitation ;)
I use gimp but where would I check this RBG thing? O_o
Ayesha Altugle
animation of followpints still posible

Zantsurai wrote:

open the colors dialog box on the black or white then do it
[ Zan ]

vahn10 wrote:

animation of followpints still posible

Zantsurai wrote:

open the colors dialog box on the black or white then do it
you mean the thing where my mouse is at?
Topic Starter
MLGnom
Yes, exactly there. Just press to open it, select required colour and then take out needed values.

Ayesha Altugle

MLGnom wrote:

Yes, exactly there. Just press to open it, select required colour and then take out needed values.

I used this trick to colorhax and did you mean click?
Topic Starter
MLGnom
Press, click...well it's almost same thing. :P
-[Cow]-
but when i use the sliderballflip : 1 i always get 0
Chimeirinkyuu
May I ask, how to upload in puush?
Ayesha Altugle

Neko_Yuri34 wrote:

Register in Puush.me, activate your account from the E-mail website itself, download it and install, click the puush Icon then click on the colorless puush icon
go to key bindings if you are new to puush then upload the file
OsuMe65

vahn10 wrote:

Neko_Yuri34 wrote:

Register in Puush.me, activate your account from the E-mail website itself, download it and install, click the puush Icon then click on the colorless puush icon
go to key bindings if you are new to puush then upload the file
or...
>go to your skins folder
>find your .osk
>right-click and select "puush"
show more