posted
Total Posts
show more
Topic Starter
MLGnom

NoClue wrote:

2 Questions if no one minds :3.
1) Can you skin the key overlay?
Key overlay... Key overlay... Not sure what do you mean by that (or I'm just still sleepy), can you be a little more precise? Screenshot of element?

NoClue wrote:

2) Why is this happening in taiko?
Uh, can't really tell without seeing skin by myself, can you post it?
And what resolution you are using?
NoClue

MLGnom wrote:

Key overlay... Key overlay... Not sure what do you mean by that (or I'm just still sleepy), can you be a little more precise? Screenshot of element?

MLGnom wrote:

Uh, can't really tell without seeing skin by myself, can you post it?
And what resolution you are using?
Just updating one of mine, now the taiko sliders look like that. It doesn't work in any resolution.
The skin I'm working on...
jemhuntr
maybe there's a transparent strip on the rightmost side of your taiko-roll-middle.png? I'm just assuming that, I haven't checked and downloaded the skin.
OsuMe65

NoClue wrote:

MLGnom wrote:

it's inputoverlay-background.png and inputoverlay-key.png

DIMENSIONS BY DEFAULT:

inputoverlay-background.png = 193x55 (Standard), 386x110 (HD Support)
inputoverlay-key = 43x46 (Standard), 86x92 (HD Support)

NoClue wrote:

i see what you did there
taiko-roll-middle.png (in that screenshot) is 50% transparent... why not try using the default taiko-roll-middle.png? 8-)
Topic Starter
MLGnom

NoClue wrote:

Default SD and HD version of it for easier use. :3
http://puu.sh/34loV.zip

NoClue wrote:

Just updating one of mine, now the taiko sliders look like that. It doesn't work in any resolution.
The skin I'm working on...

This is your problem with "taiko-roll-middle@2x.png".
You remembered about size for @2x but you simply forgot to make this thing larger, just duplicate layer and move it to the right.

Btw. Great skin. You are going to release it soon?
If I can suggest you something, fix score numbers a little (overlapping is bad :<). Set in skin.ini "ScoreOverlap: 1" to 0 or even better if you can, add 1 or 2px of transparency to your score numbers on both sides. ^.^
Garygoh884
Here's how the mania.ini values are used.
SPOILER

Sorry, my mistake, value range should be 0 to 460.
RBRat3

NoClue wrote:

There was an accident with the template exports which included bad taiko elements that shouldn't have been in there, Just dont use them.
Topic Starter
MLGnom

RBRat3 wrote:

NoClue wrote:

There was an accident with the template exports which included bad taiko elements that shouldn't have been in there, Just dont use them.
Read my post... this was skinner's mistake not a game/template. >.<
RBRat3

MLGnom wrote:

His mistake or not, that problem exists in the template and among other things. Just a notice...
Heibel

NoClue wrote:

The Key overlay would be naming your files (inputoverlay-background) and (inputoverlay-key) <3

Here are some exambles
OsuMe65

RBRat3 wrote:

MLGnom wrote:

His mistake or not, that problem exists in the template and among other things. Just a notice...
actually, it's the skinner's mistake but...

RBRat3 wrote:

that (RBR's statement) one makes the skinner's mistake worse
don't use those elements, just like what RBR said
Topic Starter
MLGnom
SO WRITE ABOUT IT NEAR SKIN TEMPLATE IF IT'S A TEMPLATE MISTAKE! :/

After few more posts nobody will read this here (at least only people who are reading skinning tutorial...)
NoClue

MLGnom wrote:

Default SD and HD version of it for easier use. :3
http://puu.sh/34loV.zip
Aha! Input Overlay... odd since it's labeled key overlay in the game. Ah well thanks.

MLGnom wrote:

This is your problem with "taiko-roll-middle@2x.png".
You remembered about size for @2x but you simply forgot to make this thing larger, just duplicate layer and move it to the right.
It works now! Only problem now is that the notes aren't lined up properly with it. At least I can tweak the slider to fix that problem. Maybe not, my idea backfired lol.

MLGnom wrote:

Btw. Great skin. You are going to release it soon?
If I can suggest you something, fix score numbers a little (overlapping is bad :<). Set in skin.ini "ScoreOverlap: 1" to 0 or even better if you can, add 1 or 2px of transparency to your score numbers on both sides. ^.^
Yeah the score numbers need to be spaced better. I can't even begin to tell you how many times I redid those numbers for little changes so I'm more or less not in the mood to deal with them right now. I'll do it at the end of everything lol.

I'll have it fully released when I'm certain it's done. As of right now I have it available for my fans that want it but with a "beta" disclaimer lol. Since I'm here may as well ask something unrelated to skinning. I was using puush for file uploading since it seems the friendliest but I hit the limit on it. Mediafire has a really nice space but I'm not sure if it'll work for everyone? I'm not sure if that site may be blocked in some areas or just poor in general. Am I good with using MF or should I look for another site?
Topic Starter
MLGnom
I would recommend you dropbox. Descend space available, uploading from pc and you can even replace file without changing links (as long as file name is the same).
senofdark
@2x skins is recommended for what screen resolutions ?
Yuki-kun

senofdark wrote:

HD resolution, 16:9, mean 1366x768 or 1920x1080
NoClue
Hey MLGnom, was there input overlay files for the lettering? I'd like to customize the lettering to my keys I use for video purposes (so people stop asking which keys they are lol).

Also, Dropbox is awesome!
Topic Starter
MLGnom

senofdark wrote:

For any resolutions that have more than 800px in height (They will be activated by default without forcing it in config file).

NoClue wrote:

Hey MLGnom, was there input overlay files for the lettering? I'd like to customize the lettering to my keys I use for video purposes (so people stop asking which keys they are lol).

Also, Dropbox is awesome!
Hmm... no, I'm almost sure that we aren't able to skin lettering on those buttons.
senofdark
Is it possible to stop that expanding spinner without untick "prefer new default skin" ?
pixeldesu

senofdark wrote:

Is it possible to stop that expanding spinner without untick "prefer new default skin" ?
Nope, and I don't think this will be possible at all. But there are still many things open to the new default skin, so just wait and see what happens.
jemhuntr
use the old spinner.
Topic Starter
MLGnom

senofdark wrote:

Probably you want to use other new skin behaviours together with old spinner behaviour yes? Right now, you can only choose between full old skin behaviour and new one. But who knows maybe we will be able to set some options in nearest future?
pixeldesu

JeMhUnTeR wrote:

use the old spinner.
Wait...with a bit of skinning someone easily could make the new spinner "old-style". Like...setting all 3 (or 4) layers together and using the glow (after editing) as spinner-metre...wouldn't be that hard to do.
jemhuntr

pixeldesu wrote:

JeMhUnTeR wrote:

use the old spinner.
Wait...with a bit of skinning someone easily could make the new spinner "old-style". Like...setting all 3 (or 4) layers together and using the glow (after editing) as spinner-metre...wouldn't be that hard to do.
exactly what I mean
senofdark
love the new skin
(except the spinners) =3=

Edit: what is star 3 ?
OsuMe65

senofdark wrote:

love the new skin
(except the spinners) =3=

Edit: what is star 3 ?
they say star3.png appears in the main menu (those "twinkling stars" you can see there) and yet, it's unskinnable (i dunno about now)
jemhuntr
some elements on the new template still won't appear on custom skins. Circle meter, star3, and the new life bar.
OsuMe65

JeMhUnTeR wrote:

some elements on the new template still won't appear on custom skins. Circle meter, star3, and the new life bar.
i dunno wtf is dat circular meter, but for sure, i attempted skinning the new lifebar and yet... doesn't work...
star3 is perma unskinnable... but it's etter if it is skinnable...
senofdark
Can someone help me =3=
I use osu default skin that ppy uploaded (osu!gameplay-20130423) and I take the scorebar-bg and scorebar-colour. It is out of the bg ._.?
Ayesha Altugle

OsuMe65 wrote:

JeMhUnTeR wrote:

i dunno wtf is dat circular meter, but for sure, i attempted skinning the new lifebar and yet... doesn't work...
star3 is perma unskinnable... but it's etter if it is skinnable...
[list=][*]Delete scorebar-ki, kidanger and kidanger2 and replace with the new scorebar[/list]

senofdark wrote:

Can someone help me =3=
I use osu default skin that ppy uploaded (osu!gameplay-20130423) and I take the scorebar-bg and scorebar-colour. It is out of the bg ._.?
I will repositoino it for you

Edit: Here

jemhuntr

senofdark wrote:

Can someone help me =3=
yep, default skin != template skin. The new life bar's behavior wouldn't work on custom skins, that's why.
AussieEvil

JeMhUnTeR wrote:

yep, default skin != template skin. The new life bar's behavior wouldn't work on custom skins, that's why.
Until the ini comes out, I'm guessing. The lack of ini is holding back my upgrades on Wondervision.
Topic Starter
MLGnom
But what if new template don't have anything new in skin.ini?

And what you guys expect to find in it? What default skin can do that normal skin can't? :3
Heibel

MLGnom wrote:

But what if new template don't have anything new in skin.ini?

And what you guys expect to find in it? What default skin can do that normal skin can't? :3
Make that damn amazing followpoint animation
Topic Starter
MLGnom
You think is in skin.ini?

Well, let's hope so. :3
Heibel
I think it is, cause i can't get it to work unless i pick the default skin, AND check the 'prefer new skin behavior' thing. :c
jemhuntr
just animate it with multiple pngs XD
Heibel

JeMhUnTeR wrote:

Yea yea, but it's the awesum unique stretch out thing in the default skin i meant o:
OsuMe65

JeMhUnTeR wrote:

this is always the common logic of some skinners
[ Zan ]
how do I change the color of the cursor slider? (the white outline)
show more