forum

Skinning tutorial (+ skinning support)

posted
Total Posts
show more
OsuMe65

Rei_Fan49 wrote:

about new lobby UI
current lobby-background from menu-background.jpg, maybe later will be deleted from default skin.
just telling this :3
this happened now ._.
Yuki-kun
I don't like new Multi UI...
It's hard to read a room In Progress or not... or my Main BG too dark? :(
Rei Hakurei

Yuki-kun wrote:

I don't like new Multi UI...
It's hard to read a room In Progress or not... or my Main BG too dark? :(
your main BG is dimmed around 25~30%
Don-Tan
this new UI tactic from peppy completley destroys my affords from my skin X.x
Rei Hakurei
let's see if Special Mode or osu!direct BG too is changed its layout later time,

1. option-background ; announced by peppy that using menu-background
2. lobby-background ; not announced but same behaviour like current Pption BG
3. let's see what's gonna happen later
Topic Starter
MLGnom
Let's just hope we won't see one, same BG everywhere. :/
Yuki-kun
Does anyone here try hitcircleoverlay with animated? xD
Topic Starter
MLGnom

Yuki-kun wrote:

Does anyone here try hitcircleoverlay with animated? xD
Wait, what? Since when we are able to animate "hitcircleoverlay". O.o

Tested and it's working but... geez...

Okay, when I finish my actual skin project, I'm going to do an update and a lot of testing because there was too many changes (probably). >.<
Roxas
in .ini file, where do we have to write .ini part of osu!mania? in [General]?
Topic Starter
MLGnom
For osu!mania settings you must have separate files - 4k.ini, 5k.ini, 6k.ini 7k.ini and 8k.ini
Rei Hakurei

MLGnom wrote:

For osu!mania settings you must have separate files - 4k.ini, 5k.ini, 51.ini, 6k.ini, 7k.ini, and 8k.ini
don't forget that one, even i only encouter 5+1k once but woc is already added that +1 support for 5 and 7 afaik,
H_Hitachiin

Rei_Fan49 wrote:

let's see if Special Mode or osu!direct BG too is changed its layout later time,

1. option-background ; announced by peppy that using menu-background
2. lobby-background ; not announced but same behaviour like current Pption BG
3. let's see what's gonna happen later
lobby-background.png doesn't work anymore but matchsetup-background.png is still there (:
kona x taros
Look what I have made \:D/

Don-Tan
omg this is just tooo cute X3 i luv it

EDIT: haha at first i was going to write: "NOOO why so many updates? i have to update my skin way to often ._.)" but then i saw this epic background XD
Topic Starter
MLGnom

xXDoNiXx wrote:

EDIT: haha at first i was going to write: "NOOO why so many updates? i have to update my skin way to often ._.)" but then i saw this epic background XD
Tell that to me... My skins still need nightcore/perfect mod update. :/
Don-Tan

MLGnom wrote:

xXDoNiXx wrote:

Tell that to me... My skins still need nightcore/perfect mod update. :/
yeah :| i'm still pissed that i have to redo the whole special - mod.png row :cry:
OsuMe65
selection-mod-novideo.png is gone... ( ._.)
i hope the entire skinning elements will not be vanished forever...
HTTkeion
he's right ( ._.)
Topic Starter
MLGnom
Just to inform you guys, you can now skin backgrounds for widescreen resolutions, yes I mean pause, fail etc. (The safest should be 1366x768 resolution). But be careful with it, and always check how it will look in 4:3. Or as alternative if you are going to post your skin at forum, make 2 versions of it.

Like I said before, in nearest days I will start testing everything from beginning and will provide any new informations. ^.^
Rei Hakurei
ranking screen too supports widescreen, but every elements there aren't widescreen support (just the 5 circles that spinning slowly around grade element that affected by widescreen)
Keredna
Either I'm just not guessing the right dimensions, or ranking-panel no longer covers the entire screen.
OsuMe65

MLGnom wrote:

Just to inform you guys, you can now skin backgrounds for widescreen resolutions, yes I mean pause, fail etc. (The safest should be 1366x768 resolution). But be careful with it, and always check how it will look in 4:3. Or as alternative if you are going to post your skin at forum, make 2 versions of it. (1)

Like I said before, in nearest days I will start testing everything from beginning and will provide any new informations. ^.^ (2)
(1) oh, that's a good one

(2) i hope the informations won't include the skinning elements that has been taken down. ( ._.)
Garygoh884

That works! I wonder if we could be able to make playfields widescreen...
Topic Starter
MLGnom

Garygoh884 wrote:

That works! I wonder if we could be able to make playfields widescreen...
Yes, now we are able to put widescreen background. (probably in beatmaps too). If you use 1024x768 playfield, it will be resized to fit any widescreen resolution.
BUT if you use widescreen playfield, osu! will add black bars on upper and bottom part of screen. It depends with one resolution you are using so the bars will be larger or smaller. As I said before again the safest should be 1366x768 to have it working on every aspec ratio.
gameboi9321
Is there a way to add characters to the side of the screen when you get enough no-misses? Or did i overlook something? :?

EDIT- Nevermind,I found out how ^^;
Topic Starter
MLGnom
They are called combobursts and first appear when you have 30 combo.
gameboi9321

MLGnom wrote:

They are called combobursts and first appear when you have 30 combo.
Thanks for the help, but I already figured it out ^^;
pielak213
­
jemhuntr
Great. I never knew hitcircle overlay could be animated.
Jackyyy
Is it just me or does a 1366x768 matchsetup-background.png not fit properly?
Topic Starter
MLGnom
Because that background it's still in progress. The official background is only in 1024x768 and you wouldn't be able to have it on widescreen. The main problem with it, is that the numbers and texts like "Game type" "Mods" "Beatmaps" are part of background.
AnceriI Sacred
options-background, lobby-background and matchsetup-background doesnt work :C
Topic Starter
MLGnom

Zeolith wrote:

options-background, lobby-background and matchsetup-background doesnt work :C
options and lobby has been removed. Instead of them you can see your menu-background if you are supporter.

For matchsetup-background check if you haven't made any mistake, since it's working just fine for me.
AnceriI Sacred
why options- and lobby-background has been removed?
Topic Starter
MLGnom
Ask peppy, not me. ^^;
AnceriI Sacred
and there's one more thing
after the last update the lobby-bg still work but then i changed it and only then i doesnt work anymore
Topic Starter
MLGnom
It could be minor error, it doesn't work for me.
Like I said "menu-background.jpg" is used also as lobby-background now. Don't know if it will be or it is actually possible to change it to use other bg than menu. Maybe it is supporter future? I don't know, don't have supporter so it's impossible for me to test it. ^^;
Yuki-kun
Supporter doesn't have lobby-bg either. :(
Don-Tan
I WANT A FULLSCREEN RANKING BACKGROUND ლ(ಠ益ಠლ)
Rei Hakurei
playfield is ranking screen background.
ranking-panel covers the 5 circles that rotating around grade-A ~ grade-D
show more