forum

Skinning tutorial (+ skinning support)

posted
Total Posts
show more
xxdinorabbitxx
Take the element that shows the percent sign (%) and add a blank space to the right side of it. How much you need really depends on what resolution you use, but a shade under 920 should be a good start
Monsterup1
wow real old thread
Choc_Sama
What is the difference between hit300 and hit300k (goes for the other points as well)
Redo_

Choc_Sama wrote:

What is the difference between hit300 and hit300k (goes for the other points as well)
Hit300 is a normal 300. Hit300k is a 300 that also gives you hp.
Vis Major

Choc_Sama wrote:

The detailed skinnable files list from this thread is a good place to go looking for questions like this. The k and g hitbursts appear on the last object of a combo based on how your accuracy in the rest of the combo was (and yes also give more hp).
Moxxaa
I wanted to make my own skin remix and want to use Rafis Generic Dt skin as a base as I like most of the aspects. One thing I wanted to change is how the hit circles glow white around the edges. I'm new when it comes to skinning and i'm not really sure how to remove this "glow."
RockRoller

Moxxaa wrote:

I wanted to make my own skin remix and want to use Rafis Generic Dt skin as a base as I like most of the aspects. One thing I wanted to change is how the hit circles glow white around the edges. I'm new when it comes to skinning and i'm not really sure how to remove this "glow."
This will be either on the hitcircle or the hitcircleoverlay. You need to edit the images to get rid of it
Shixizy
How do i open my skin folder?
Corne2Plum3

Shixizy wrote:

How do i open my skin folder?
Find where is your osu! game (.exe file). It's usually at C:\Users\%USERNAME%\AppData\Local\osu! on Windows.
In this folder you have your osu! game and some other folders. All of your skins are in the Skins folder.

Or click here in the options:
db2k
Where can I get the old skin template that's been mentioned in some old YouTube videos and in some old posts on this thread?
JustABeginner
You mean the 2007 osu! skin?
If so, click me.

Or perhaps the default skin?
If so, click me.
StaFi1608
How do I change the hit "combobreak" sound. Ive tried a couple of things like renaming the file to changing the file format but nothing is working. Anyone else had this issue previously?
JustABeginner
Make sure you rename the file to "combobreak" without putting in the file name.
Once you done that, come back into osu! and be sure to press "Ctrl", "Alt", "Shift" and "S" key altogether to reload the skin.
CutieKat04
Where do you find the template? .>. I need help
wowcake

CutieKat04 wrote:

Where do you find the template? .>. I need help
You could use the link that JustABeginner gave above (this one)

And use skinship and skinning wiki as a starting guide.
MaxDaGOD
How Do I Download The Template?
CHuubenn
How do i allign the scorebar colour and scorebar hp?
I made both elements in the same canvas so that it would be aligned. but in game the score bar colour is a bit below the
background. Even though they are alligned in the canvas.
rematyar

CHuubenn wrote:

How do i allign the scorebar colour and scorebar hp?
I made both elements in the same canvas so that it would be aligned. but in game the score bar colour is a bit below the
background. Even though they are alligned in the canvas.
https://youtu.be/3eFcbYUDN44 watch this and go to 5:29
Cl0udy
why in the new website i cant see the pictures for template download?
RockRoller

Cl0udy wrote:

why in the new website i cant see the pictures for template download?
this tutorial is heavily outdated and basically all images are no longer working. You should give the newer tutorial a trial: https://skinship.xyz/tutorial/introduction
db2k
Are black followpoints still possible? I just downloaded rrtyui's skin and the followpoints are invisible when they're supposed to be black.
Lazyeast
was playing with a skin that i liked but wanted to change a few things like mods, sound, spinner, etc. this post helped me out so much lmao
xxdinorabbitxx

Genaker wrote:

Are black followpoints still possible? I just downloaded rrtyui's skin and the followpoints are invisible when they're supposed to be black.
i hope youre not trying to use black follow points on a black background