forum

Skinning tutorial (+ skinning support)

posted
Total Posts
show more
Ace199212
Arigato / Thank You! :D
Puru Puru Rin
Whatever happened to selection-selectoptions.png/ selection-selectoptions-over.png?

I'm not really digging this headless body I get...
OsuMe65
'Twas removed yesterday, i bet. Not sure when though
Puru Puru Rin

OsuMe65 wrote:

'Twas removed yesterday, i bet. Not sure when though
Aww, how do we choose between ranked and nonranked maps now? (along with hover click, and whatever else there was?)
[cocoa]_old

Puru Puru Rin wrote:

Aww, how do we choose between ranked and nonranked maps now? (along with hover click, and whatever else there was?)
use this???
AnatOWJIya
Hi there guys.Can someone help me with ranking panel?I can't get it right
[cocoa]_old

STYNGY wrote:

okay........ so ranking panel like what you wanna make??
Chaoslitz

STYNGY wrote:

Here is one of my ranking panel (Not @2x)
To see if the size is fit for you or take a reference :3
AnatOWJIya

[cocoa] wrote:

STYNGY wrote:

okay........ so ranking panel like what you wanna make??
Well first i wanna know how to position all of elements of panel.
Then which size should be playfield.png?
And thanks for reply
AnatOWJIya

Chaoslitz wrote:

STYNGY wrote:

Here is one of my ranking panel (Not @2x)
To see if the size is fit for you or take a reference :3
Thanks but i wanna do myself ranking panel for my skin
Chaoslitz

STYNGY wrote:

It is just a reference
I know that making by yourself is better
AnatOWJIya

Chaoslitz wrote:

STYNGY wrote:

It is just a reference
I know that making by yourself is better
I know it too,but i can't set elements right in panel,+ i can't do myself panel
Chaoslitz

STYNGY wrote:

Those position need to adjust along those scorenumbers
so the position may not be same with other ranking panel compared @@
AnatOWJIya

Chaoslitz wrote:

STYNGY wrote:

Those position need to adjust along those scorenumbers
so the position may not be same with other ranking panel compared @@
Which programm should i use to create ranking panel?
Chaoslitz

STYNGY wrote:

I use Photoshop to create it
but it is optional
AnatOWJIya

Chaoslitz wrote:

STYNGY wrote:

I use Photoshop to create it
but it is optional
Thanks a lot of for help
Eberon

[cocoa] wrote:

Fahe wrote:

Thank you cocoa,

checked the files type and they are .png, tried to change the skin.ini as you suggested, none of them worked (it was already set to 2.2).
I'm really puzzled as these two buttons are the only thing not working in the skin...
well did you check the name of file??? you know on v2.2 "ranking-replay,retry & back.png" it's not working again so you should re-naming the file to "pause-replay" for replay and "pause-retry" for retry, anyway can you provide the screenshot of the element who not working pls.
Is there any way to have a different image for the retry button in the pause screen and in the ranking screen?
[cocoa]_old

Eberon wrote:

Is there any way to have a different image for the retry button in the pause screen and in the ranking screen?
maybe you can try add this to your skin.ini in [General] section
Version: 1
and rename the the file to "ranking-retry" for ranking and "pause-retry" for pause.
Eberon
So no way in the Version 2+ ?
[cocoa]_old

Eberon wrote:

So no way in the Version 2+ ?
nope boy sorry the ranking-retry and replay only avaiable in version: 1 :(
Sarah Katherine
Hi, can anyone help me in slider part:
I want to add sliderpoint10 and sliderpoint30 to my skin, but it don't work (the score image not appear when hit slider). I tried change the skin.ini: delete the line Version: 2, and the sliderpoint finally appeared. But other element has been appeared as old version (especially the spinner). So is there anywat to keep using skin version 2, while included the sliderpoint?
[cocoa]_old

Sarah Katherine wrote:

Hi, can anyone help me in slider part:
I want to add sliderpoint10 and sliderpoint30 to my skin, but it don't work (the score image not appear when hit slider). I tried change the skin.ini: delete the line Version: 2, and the sliderpoint finally appeared. But other element has been appeared as old version (especially the spinner). So is there anywat to keep using skin version 2, while included the sliderpoint?
No
brezals
If I just want to change one thing on the default skin, do I need to create a skin file?

The thing I want to change is the followpoints, and well just dropping files named followpoint in the skin folder didn't do much, didn't really expect it, but would be nice if it was that easy.

I saw a followpoint I liked on a song, so I just grabbed the followpoint files from that song to my skin folder, but obviously it is not that simply, so my question is what is the easiest way to be able to use that followpoint on all songs?
[cocoa]_old

brezals wrote:

If I just want to change one thing on the default skin, do I need to create a skin file?
No, just create folder "User" on skins folder and put your followpoint here

brezals wrote:

I saw a followpoint I liked on a song, so I just grabbed the followpoint files from that song to my skin folder, but obviously it is not that simply, so my question is what is the easiest way to be able to use that followpoint on all songs?
If you want always use your followpoint just enable this
brezals
Thank you, that worked, as I wanted it.
Richard2q2
Guys I have a problem, so I'm just making my own skin for my own use. My hitcircle overlay looks different to my slider overlay.

How to explain this....

How do i put a pic here :?
brezals

Richard2q2 wrote:

Guys I have a problem, so I'm just making my own skin for my own use. My hitcircle overlay looks different to my slider overlay.

How to explain this....

Host your image on a image host website, like imgur.com then just copy the image adress, and press "img" and copy it between the brackets.

The brackets looks like this (img) (/img) but with [ ] instead of ( )
Richard2q2

brezals wrote:

Richard2q2 wrote:

How to explain this....

Host your image on a image host website, like imgur.com then just copy the image adress, and press "img" and copy it between the brackets.

The brackets looks like this (img) (/img) but with [ ] instead of ( )

Yay i got it! yeah so i want the have the hollow part of the hit circles for my sliders too. How do i do that?
Ayesha Altugle
remove "SliderTrackOverride:" Line in the skin.ini
Topic Starter
MLGnom

vahn10 wrote:

Aaaaand it has nothing to do with asked question...

Richard2q2 wrote:

Yay i got it! yeah so i want the have the hollow part of the hit circles for my sliders too. How do i do that?
Sadly you are unable to do that on sliders since they are unskinnable and hitcircles are just placed on them. You can only change colour of slider by using "SliderTrackOverride" in skin.ini but I don't think it helps you much.
Richard2q2

MLGnom wrote:

vahn10 wrote:

Aaaaand it has nothing to do with asked question...

Richard2q2 wrote:

Sadly you are unable to do that on sliders since they are unskinnable and hitcircles are just placed on them. You can only change colour of slider by using "SliderTrackOverride" in skin.ini but I don't think it helps you much.
wattttttt really? Cos the skin i took the elements from has its sliders the same as its hitcircles. Howw :?:

OsuMe65
Add SliderTrackOverride: 0,0,0 under [Colours] section in your skin.ini (if i'm correct with that name)
That will replicate the screenshot you'd posted earlier.

Can't guarantee a 100% success though
Angelo
Did someone have the osu! logo on the osu!tablet in HD please (.png or .svg) ? :) :

Chaoslitz
Anyone know that how to make it only showing 1 dot in the default numbers@@?
Richard2q2

OsuMe65 wrote:

Add SliderTrackOverride: 0,0,0 under [Colours] section in your skin.ini (if i'm correct with that name)

um what do u mean? Like make a file called that? Lol im not really good at this soz :?
Angelo

Richard2q2 wrote:

OsuMe65 wrote:

um what do u mean? Like make a file called that? Lol im not really good at this soz :?
Search in your skin folder a file named "skin.ini" and add what he says ;)
Rio-

Chaoslitz wrote:

HitCircleOverlap: *number*
(number is replaced with the value of Your default number width)
Chaoslitz

satriobp wrote:

Chaoslitz wrote:

HitCircleOverlap: *number*
(number is replaced with the value of Your default number width)
Oh thanks!
Problem solved :)
Zeo

Richard2q2 wrote:

OsuMe65 wrote:

In the skin.ini file which is located in your skin's folder, find SliderTrackOverride: 0,0,0. If it isn't there under the colours section, then add it. If it is there and has 2 dashes in front of it (//SliderTrackOverride: 0,0,0), remove the dashes.
Richard2q2
In the skin.ini file which is located in your skin's folder, find SliderTrackOverride: 0,0,0. If it isn't there under the colours section, then add it. If it is there and has 2 dashes in front of it (//SliderTrackOverride: 0,0,0), remove the dashes.
Thanks! worked :D
show more