forum

Skinning tutorial (+ skinning support)

posted
Total Posts
show more
Topic Starter
MLGnom

ReddScorn wrote:

Can mods maybe start editing posts like these: http://osu.ppy.sh/forum/p/3104293

It's somewhat annoying to have the OP on every page just because they don't even add any comment. Also it puts some extra loading time on some PCs.

How do others think of that kind of posts?
So write a message to mod? We can't help you here with these. D:

Granger wrote:

How to render a image (removing background) using Paint.NET?
I mean, is there a automatic way or somthing better than just using the eraser tool which results in in poor quality.
Cropping tutorial for "Complicated Backgrounds" and Cropping tutorial for "Simple Backgrounds"
OsuMe65

ReddScorn wrote:

Can mods maybe start editing posts like these: p/3104293

It's somewhat annoying to have the OP on every page just because they don't even add any comment. Also it puts some extra loading time on some PCs.

That's natural, not that annoying.
Also, questions related to the OP's skin or whatsoever in OP's thread could be better answered by OP rather than a passerby.
Granger

MLGnom wrote:

ReddScorn wrote:

Can mods maybe start editing posts like these: http://osu.ppy.sh/forum/p/3104293

So write a message to mod? We can't help you here with these. D:

Granger wrote:

How to render a image (removing background) using Paint.NET?
I mean, is there a automatic way or somthing better than just using the eraser tool which results in in poor quality.
Cropping tutorial for "Complicated Backgrounds" and Cropping tutorial for "Simple Backgrounds"
Thanks a bunch! :oops:
Ayesha Altugle

ReddScorn wrote:

The recent update changed or rather fixed two aspects listed here and one has a larger impact.

With the new update the scorebar-marker is now skinnable and forces a different anchorpoint on the scorebar-colour than the scorebar-ki elements.

The new anchorppoint is 12,12 when using the marker and breaks all skins which currently have it.
Also it prioritizes the marker before the ki.

The smaller fix is for new-styled spinners which showed the spinner-approachcircle.

Edit: because false anchorpoint.
It's 11,12 btw. (closest value I got) using w,h (width, height)
OsuMe65

vahn10 wrote:

It's 11,12 btw. (closest value I got) using w,h (width, height)
Ayesha Altugle
I'm using a square scorebar-colur btw.

^That's what I got when I use 10 px width anchorpoint

^When using 11 px width anchorpoint

^when using 12 px width anchorpoint
OsuMe65
But the actual is 12,12 to avoid further confusions.
Also, even if you reduced the image's width or the shape itself without changing the image dimensions, the anchor will stay the same.

Case Closed
Ayesha Altugle
Second Check with new default template

using 12, 13 (still following w, h format)

got this below

[note: duplicated layers of scorebar-bg to make it opaque] didn't change anything on scorebar-colour

just really don't know
OsuMe65

Anyway, ReddScorn's anchors are always on 1024x768
Also, let's drop this issue.
FlyingNeko
Does anyone have tips on how to center spinners? When I test my spinner it always ends up misaligned. I already made sure that the spinner was actually a circle and not an oval. The center align of the move tool doesn't do anything either
Nathanael
Photoshop:
1. Use the shape tool with same size (e.g. 666x666)
2. Rasterize Layer
3. Zoom to "fit all"
4. Select all
5. Cut
6. Paste

Well this is my way.
FlyingNeko
I just noticed that even the default spinner-top.png isn't spinning correctly.
I tried placing a circle aligned to the center of the canvas on top of the default spinner-top and it seems that the pivot isn't aligned properly.

It looked aligned at first but started going off-center while the spinner zoomed in (new skin behavior)
I don't know if this is intentional
Any help is appreciated
Haskorion

FlyingNeko wrote:

I just noticed that even the default spinner-top.png isn't spinning correctly.
I tried placing a circle aligned to the center of the canvas on top of the default spinner-top and it seems that the pivot isn't aligned properly.

It looked aligned at first but started going off-center while the spinner zoomed in (new skin behavior)
I don't know if this is intentional
Any help is appreciated
I see this often with spinners on a size of like 667x667, 389x389 or other sizes that end on a odd number, when halving their size.

To the scorebar anchor, this simple design should make clear it's 12,12.
screenies
Shot of project file

Shot from ingame
osq
Is there any way to change the colour that 'inputoverlay-key' flashes as?
(default seems to be yellow for K1/K2 and purple for M1/M2, to clarify what im referring to)
FlyingNeko

osqlol wrote:

Is there any way to change the colour that 'inputoverlay-key' flashes as?
(default seems to be yellow for K1/K2 and purple for M1/M2, to clarify what im referring to)
I believe not, I've never tried. But you could change the color of the image itself and it would affect what color it flashes
Ayesha Altugle
It is not possible. in short
Yaiishi
How does one do this?
http://puu.sh/8ZKjX.png
The individual hitcircles have a transparent middle (I know how to do this). But the sliders themselves have a solid hitcircle. How to I make it so my sliders are solid? It would help me a ton to be able to do this.
Rio-

Yaiishi wrote:

How does one do this?
http://puu.sh/8ZKjX.png
The individual hitcircles have a transparent middle (I know how to do this). But the sliders themselves have a solid hitcircle. How to I make it so my sliders are solid? It would help me a ton to be able to do this.
hitcircle.png = solid hitcircle
hitcircle-0.png = transparent middle hitcircle
Ayesha Altugle

satriobp wrote:

I think that applies only to hitcircleoverlay
Rio-

vahn10 wrote:

satriobp wrote:

I think that applies only to hitcircleoverlay
oh yeah I forgot about that, my bad...

I think You can try using a transparent middle hitcircle... and disable the slidertrackoverride in the skin.ini
Yaiishi
I think You can try using a transparent middle hitcircle... and disable the slidertrackoverride in the skin.ini
Thanks you. That worked.
Richard2q2
Halp with hitsounds pls. In the video the guy's skin has this really satisfying sound that i like when he hits the beats, where could i get them from :o

https://osu.ppy.sh/forum/p/3112743/

What he said didn't really help me ._. I downloaded the skin and it didnt even have dem sounds.

Halp
FlyingNeko
p/3006441
This skin is not the source but it has the same hitsounds
Richard2q2

FlyingNeko wrote:

https://osu.ppy.sh/forum/p/3006441
Can you rephrase that? I can't understand ._.
Rio-

Richard2q2 wrote:

FlyingNeko wrote:

https://osu.ppy.sh/forum/p/3006441
Can you rephrase that? I can't understand ._.
The Hitsounds are the same, but the skin isn't
*so if You want the hitsound, just download the skin... and copy the hitsounds to your own skin
FlyingNeko
You might understand why I provided you a link to the skin. Please use your brain
Richard2q2
ok thanks!
Richard2q2
p/3110554#p3110554

Yep i inserted those files and now i dont have my lighting for my beats. I checked every skin i have which is about 9 of them and all of them suddenly dont have their lightings. How to fix?
FlyingNeko
Richard, for your hitsound problems, make sure you have this ticked.

For the missing lightings, make sure you have this ticked.

If you accidentally replaced the hitlighting of the skin you use with the blank 1x1 png, download the skin again and check if the hitlighting is there.
Ayesha Altugle
uhh what?

plus fixed icon.
Richard2q2

FlyingNeko wrote:

Richard, for your hitsound problems, make sure you have this ticked.

For the missing lightings, make sure you have this ticked.

If you accidentally replaced the hitlighting of the skin you use with the blank 1x1 png, download the skin again and check if the hitlighting is there.
Lifesaver! Thankyou so muchies :oops:
panjijey
Hi, Can someone give me the lastest skin templates(The 2014 version) because both of the templates shared in the first page is not the newest anymore
Thanks Before!
Rio-

panjijey wrote:

Hi, Can someone give me the lastest skin templates(The 2014 version) because both of the templates shared in the first page is not the newest anymore
Thanks Before!
t/129191
[cocoa]_old
hi there, can i change the black side to the light one?
Rio-

[cocoa] wrote:

Disable Storyboard (It won't make It into the light one, but that Black Box will go away leaving You with a widescreen playfield)
*other than that... You can't change it
Topic Starter
MLGnom

[cocoa] wrote:

Yes, you can. Add "masking-border.png" to your skin with picture of 768px height. Width is resolution dependant (wider resolution, wider blackbars), so you need to fit it yourself.

Example on resolution 1280x800 and with picture 193x768px :

[cocoa]_old

MLGnom wrote:

Yes, you can. Add "masking-border.png" to your skin with picture of 768px height. Width is resolution dependant (wider resolution, wider blackbars), so you need to fit it yourself.

Example on resolution 1280x800 and with picture 193x768px :

Haha thank you very much :D
zra123
hello, in the original skins follow-point move differently. how to apply the same animation to my skins?
NorskTorsk
I am stuck on a little thing in my project.

How can i decide what colour does the template under the beatmap list turn?

At the moment, i have a nice color for it when anything isn't selected, but when i select something.... well it looks bad.

So how i change the colour for that?
tokaku
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i-Hq_famcMg
Does anyone know where this guy got his skin elements?
He doesn't seem to want to give a link out.
show more