forum

[duplicate] How to Play Menu to Replace Tutorial

posted
Total Posts
This is a feature request. Feature requests can be voted up by supporters.
Current Priority: +0
Topic Starter
Xenoblade
TL;DR: The topic title says it all.

The tutorial included with osu! is a bit outdated and incomplete. I believe there should be a how to play / help menu added to the main menu that includes multiple topics, such as: Interface (covers HP bar, combo counter, score counter, accuracy, scoreboard, hit timing indicator), Standard Basics (with a text version, updated tutorial, and maybe the appropriate osu!academy video), Taiko Basics (text, new tutorial, maybe video), Mania Basics (ditto), CtB Basics, Standard Advanced (covers streaming, FC, maybe tips for playing better, spinner bonuses, quitting the game (again, osu!academy video :p)), Taiko Advanced (idk what this would cover), Mania Advanced (idk, optimal finger positions?), CtB Advanced (hyperdash, when to sprint), Tips for All Modes (could just be a single page that says "Practice" in giant font), Mods, and Multiplayer (could cover some multiplayer exclusive options, like tag co-op)

I'm not sure where this menu could appear on the current main menu, but on the osu!next / osu!lazer main menu it could be placed at the end of the Solo menu (where Tests used to be, I think).
Sandy Hoey
You know there is osu!academt, right?

Topic Starter
Xenoblade
Obviously you didn't read the post, because I mentioned osu!academy in the OP. Also, osu!academy isn't the best option for someone who just wants to learn to play then get right into it. For most people, it will be faster to read how to play than to watch a video of someone explaining it or to play through a 5 minute long tutorial.
Pawsu
From what I've heard, I am fairly certain there will be a more in depth tutorial with the implementation of osu!next.
Bara-

Pawsu wrote:

From what I've heard, I am fairly certain there will be a more in depth tutorial with the implementation of osu!next.
This has been confirmed by multiple staff members

Also, we have this
Improved/Updated Tutorial Section
Pawsu
Agreed, marked as duplicate.