forum

Name was ripped off of the Ohio State University

posted
Total Posts
show more
KatouMegumi
^
Kao
The name came from Osu! Tatakae! Ouendan in which the game was originated from.
FAQ wrote:

I've never played this "Ouendan" thing - what is it?

Osu! Tatakae! Ouendan is a rhythm game for the Nintendo DS. The gameplay consists of only three elements: tapping circles on the touchscreen, dragging a ball across a fixed path and rotating a spinner very fast. All these elements are timed to (covers of) popular Japanese songs. It looks like this on the DS:

You can see the circles on the bottom screen, and on the top screen you have the story. Each stage is basically a self-contained story about a person in trouble. That's where the Ouendan (Cheer squad) comes in. Through the magical power of male cheer-leading, you have to help the people in trouble.

Fizzn wrote:

^
Rilene
did people really fall for this?
NeXt4r_

Rilene wrote:

did people really fall for this?
this type of people called lazy people and i don't think he will come back and respond to this message so yeah
Kojlax
tfw people take a meme seriously
Yuudachi-kun
押す
Caput Mortuum
there is a reason why this is in off-topic
winber1
how can you guys call yourself a community if you can't even make a name properly
Wuxo

Agnic wrote:

Hello, I go to the Ohio State University (abbreviated OSU) and I was going to go on their website for important work and I found this. osu! doesn't even stand for anything, but you just straight up take the abbreviated version of Ohio State University and slap it on a game.
Nah dude. Acrually Ohio State University took 'OSU' from here, not vice versa. I'm probably dead now, cos fucks from Ohio State University told me to keep it as a secret, but I wanted you to know. Please come to my funeral..
Razzy

Wuxo wrote:

Agnic wrote:

Hello, I go to the Ohio State University (abbreviated OSU) and I was going to go on their website for important work and I found this. osu! doesn't even stand for anything, but you just straight up take the abbreviated version of Ohio State University and slap it on a game.
Nah dude. Acrually Ohio State University took 'OSU' from here, not vice versa. I'm probably dead now, cos fucks from Ohio State University told me to keep it as a secret, but I wanted you to know. Please come to my funeral..
*ahem* it's actually THE Ohio State University

for whatever fucking reason, they get really sensitive about people forgetting the "the" >_>
Wuxo
Actually*
(I wrote: acrually lol)

@rasp what's even the point of 'the'? All i know is: the odds of me forgeting to use it is greater than 99%
Razzy

Wuxo wrote:

Actually*
(I wrote: acrually lol)

@rasp what's even the point of 'the'? All i know is: the odds of me forgeting to use it is greater than 99%
they just like to be special
Endaris
ohio! > Osu State University (abbreviated OHIO)
KatouMegumi
okay shut up! = osu!
_handholding
people that play osu are smarter than the people that go to Ohio State University
GSG95
i have a degree in death streaming
Wuxo

Kisses wrote:

people that play osu are smarter than the people that go to Ohio State University
I can't believe how true this statement is
Bara-
Who says it isn't the other way around?
Bonk
No, it wasn't taken from Ohio State University. You mean Oregon State University. Kappa
Stefan

Agnic wrote:

Bonk wrote:

No, it wasn't taken from Ohio State University. You mean Oregon Oregano State University. Kappa
ya
Topic Starter
Hai Tai
$ko^zvl*xH7b9hDRxi_4Tx^OIbq4xL2c
Offdensen
um