forum

Dino's Osu World Series | Free | Global Entry

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Ladybugman

Come play in my first Global Tournament for Osu Standard!

Make sure to check out the website for full details.

Details
- 3 month tournament
- Double Elimination (at the moment)
- Global Entry
- Each region will play essentially a qualifier tournament in a specific weekend
- You dont play every week
- Will be trying to get some good sponsors for wicked prizes
- Free entry
- best of three
- registration closes at the end of the year

Links
Website: http://dinosaurnz.com/events/2017-osu-world-series/
Rules: https://goo.gl/qPSxyj
Fairy Bread
Seems interesting :D

Signed up. Gl to everyone~
Pruggles
I look forward to competing. Good luck to everyone else who will be there!

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Han106
Messaged you on discord : https://discord.gg/HuxYFBF<for those who don't know
cuddlybattery
Sounds good! Count me in!

GL!
Topic Starter
Ladybugman

cuddlybattery wrote:

Sounds good! Count me in!

GL!
Glad to have you! ^.^
Redavor
Why do we have to provide our real name for entry?
Topic Starter
Ladybugman

Redavor wrote:

Why do we have to provide our real name for entry?
It's just incase if I need it for something, it won't be shared with anyone.
_Khepri
signed up :) :)

Good LUCK to everyone
Zytabyte
Just signed up, hope things go well! :)
[8Bs]9cool
MMM yeah
-Haze-
Can't wait to compete against other players :D
It'll sure be fun :) :)
Technical Names
Why not join
[8Bs]WhoisRem
Im bad thou...
Kariyu
Question: So we pick our own map during the tournament? So let's say I wanted to play airman in the tournament, I would just pick it? Sorry if this sounds stupid or I'm asking in the wrong place
Infinitstart
I REGISTERED!!!
:):)):):):):):)):
Crimsonness

Kha-Zix- wrote:

Question: So we pick our own map during the tournament? So let's say I wanted to play airman in the tournament, I would just pick it? Sorry if this sounds stupid or I'm asking in the wrong place
If this is the case, this tournament seems somewhat slanted towards touchscreen players (like myself). Touchscreen players can just automatically force tiebreak or a win through picking insanely difficult maps for people of the rank range that have signed up. For example, something like Suara - Amakakeru Hoshi TV ver. [Masquerade] or Akiyama Uni - Odoru Mizushibuki [Death Dance] or Panda Eyes & Teminite - Highscore [Game Over] are maps that touchscreen players of this rank range could pass and combo without too many problems, yet most other people would struggle with even passing maps-- maybe reconsider letting players pick any ranked map they choose?
Topic Starter
Ladybugman

Kha-Zix- wrote:

Yes! When you are in the lobby for the game, the admin will ask you what map you would like to play. Bear in mind, there are some requirements for these maps (have to be ranked on osu).

MilkFreedom wrote:

Kha-Zix- wrote:

If this is the case, this tournament seems somewhat slanted towards touchscreen players (like myself). Touchscreen players can just automatically force tiebreak or a win through picking insanely difficult maps for people of the rank range that have signed up. For example, something like Suara - Amakakeru Hoshi TV ver. [Masquerade] or Akiyama Uni - Odoru Mizushibuki [Death Dance] or Panda Eyes & Teminite - Highscore [Game Over] are maps that touchscreen players of this rank range could pass and combo without too many problems, yet most other people would struggle with even passing maps-- maybe reconsider letting players pick any ranked map they choose?
The free map choice has come around because maps that were chosen in previous tournaments were not ideal. In any case, I don't see touchscreen players as having an unfair advantage in the game since there aren't any barriers stopping anyone else from using a touchscreen. You can form a strategy for playing against them too - eg, they are possibly quite bad at stream maps.
Topic Starter
Ladybugman
We got our first sponsor! Leaping Tiger - they are helping us out with the player sponsorship contracts. Be sure to stop by and say hi on their twitter or try out their awesome social gaming app!

https://leaping-tiger.com/
https://twitter.com/LeapingTigerHQ
MrMenda
I would like to apply as mappool selector, if possible.

-My Angel Fort 68k
Topic Starter
Ladybugman

My Angel Fort wrote:

I would like to apply as mappool selector, if possible.

-My Angel Fort 68k
Maps are freely chosen so there is no map pool. You are welcome to suggest some tiebreaker maps (3-5 stars)
Kasumi-sama
Just signed up, can't wait to play o/
Topic Starter
Ladybugman

Kasumii-sama wrote:

Just signed up, can't wait to play o/
Awesome! ^.^
show more