forum

BIT.TRIP Skin

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Jackall
I recently made a BIT.TRIP Skin, its nearly done but i should post it now as much things need to be changed and such things and i would like to have more then one oppinion about its contents. I choose BIT.TRIP ressources and the existing OSU skin as templates, as im not that good in creativity and in drawing so i mainly used copy paste resize and gimp effects.
It is going to be a full mod so every missing file is a request for help what i could use there xD
Critique on the existing Elements of course is welcome, too.

Video:

I want to do something for the community... and as i am a bad beatmapper and atm have no money for being supporter i decided to make skins and apply as skinner in the forums later.
I know this work is (as its based on bittrip, which means SQUARES xD) easier then much other skins to do and it maybe still sucks a bit, but thats for now all i can do so dont be to mean pls xD

The skin comes in two versions, one with clicksounds from the bumpersounds ingame and one without, cause they sound cool but sometimes can ruin the feeling of a song.

Download

ToDoList:
-taiko combobursts
-nice taiko hitsounds
-rework pausebuttons (spacing, resolution)
-make a slightly pausescreen
-adding a comboburst sound to soundV
-find a slightly nicer sliderball that fits BT
-find a way to get the scorebar out of the score on 4:3screens without making it looking like ...
-find any way to get the bit commander in taiko to run faster (maybe request to peppy for variable animation speeds through skin.ini xD)
-find a way to make his rainbow reach til the edge on 16:9 screens (no solution yet in sight)
-finding a nice circleoverlay for taiko
-rework the sectionpass.png

-finding more things to do xDD

Maybe ToDoList: (unsure if necessary pls tell me what you think)
approved? ToDO
- YES Do the hitcirces more "round" and make them fit the approachcirlces

Every idea what to change no matter how small it is or how dumb it may sound is welcome xDD

Finally reuploaded, maybe i will overwork it soon to look complete again with the actual osu of today (can't believe how time flew)
SapphireGhost
This looks pretty cool! Nice work~
Wassaaaa
Hey! awesome skin!!

I congratulate you, the sounds are perfect, the chganges in catch the beat and taiko are the best, very good!

I recommend that you change the play-warningarrow.png, ready.png, ranking-accuracy.png, ranking-maxcombo.png, default-comma-dot-percent--x files that is not modified and delete the file-selection-mod taiko.png this button not use more and separate the download with and without sounds.

Bye!
MrLeafu
I was waiting for a skin like this, thank you~
Topic Starter
Jackall

Wassaaaa wrote:

Hey! awesome skin!!

I congratulate you, the sounds are perfect, the chganges in catch the beat and taiko are the best, very good!

I recommend that you change the play-warningarrow.png, ready.png, ranking-accuracy.png, ranking-maxcombo.png, default-comma-dot-percent--x files that is not modified and delete the file-selection-mod taiko.png this button not use more and separate the download with and without sounds.

Bye!
thanks for the suggestions, the leftover files will get deleted as soon as there are no changes left
what you hold is the beta and the files are inside it because i need them as refference what i didnt do yet. off course they get deleted after its in omega.
seperating the skin download i will also do after finish, as its to much effort to repack and reupload TWO archives after every change.
thanks for the nice critique ^^
Topic Starter
Jackall

Leafthefox09 wrote:

I was waiting for a skin like this, thank you~
I am glad you enjoy it^^
Gcode
Very nice skin.
Keep working on it.

BTW: I can hear a very faint whistle on sliders sometimes, do you plan to add something for that?
Topic Starter
Jackall
I may do something about it maybe you can tell me the name of the according wavfile because i dont really know, what you mean exactly, but maybe just didnt notice yet.^^
kurr
Awesome Skin! :)
RichardKirisame
Awesome work!
StickArtist68
The link appears to be broken. Can somebody post it here? Thanks in advance.
BaraWolf
Links Are Down :(
Topic Starter
Jackall
Finally after a long time without even noticing it being down, and i mean a REALLY long time of not noticing, i reuploadet it on mega, and thought i might bump this out of deadnessness.