forum

[resolved] Fps limited when ı disable aero on windows 7

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
xOshino
Problem Details:
Hello I'm playing with windowed for a while (before playing fullscreen 1080p) and it looks ok but ı'm feel a bit input lag or something bad ı don't know.
When ı research i saw people say windows aero makes input lag and if you want the off windows aero you should change the windows theme to windows basic
and its off. So I'm trying the off aero with this solution , But osu limited on 120-200 fps(before ı get 1000+fps) I don't know why anyone know this problem ?

Video or screenshot showing the problem:

https://osu.ppy.sh/ss/6392982
Red Moon
It won't really matter if your FPS is 1000 or 120, you can go into options and change to unlimited on FPS if you want to, but it won't really change your gameplay at all.
Topic Starter
xOshino

EndoftheEnd wrote:

It won't really matter if your FPS is 1000 or 120, you can go into options and change to unlimited on FPS if you want to, but it won't really change your gameplay at all.
I think you don't understand me limited 600 fps or unlimited fps are same all of them make limit fps 120-200 on windows basic , But you're wrong one thing 1000 fps change your gameplay if you play 120 fps before.
Dntm8kmeeatu
You are running fullscreen, Not borderless right?
Topic Starter
xOshino

Dntm8kmeeatu wrote:

You are running fullscreen, Not borderless right?
No its 1600x900 windowed not fullscreen (monitor resolution is 1920x1080)
Kao
Unless you have a 144Hz monitor
The actual fps you can only see is around 60 since most monitors are around 60Hz refresh rate.
So it doesn't really matter if it dropped to 200

Tried disabling Windows Aero and it's only useful when it's in windowed mode
Enabling full screen mode makes osu! Have exclusive control with the GPU and makes it a lot smoother.
Disabling Windows Aero only should be used when in windowed mode and/or trying to record osu gameplay.

But if you still want to go back you have to provide more information
Does enabling Windows Aero back make your fps normal?
Tried fallback version?
Topic Starter
xOshino

Kao wrote:

The actual fps you can only see is around 60 since most monitors are around 60Hz refresh rate.

Tried disabling Windows Aero and it's only useful when it's in windowed mode
Enabling full screen mode makes osu! Have exclusive control with the GPU and makes it a lot smoother.
Disabling Windows Aero only should be used when in windowed mode and/or trying to record osu gameplay.

But if you still want to go back you have to provide more information
Does enabling Windows Aero back make your fps normal?
Tried fallback version?
I'm try the disable aero cuz i play windowed mode :)
Yeah enabling aero and fps is ok but a bit laggy
I'm just tried fallback version with disabled aero and everything seems ok (fps,lag) , I think I use fallback version for a while
Thanks for help :)
Kao
fallback has no restriction on fps can go up to 100,000 fps or so, but if you encounter more problems switch back to latest, it's more often updated than fallback
You can not only disable aero but really disable everything that would increase performance

1. Press Windows Key + X combination to see the following menu. ...
2. In the System window, in the left pane, Click on Advanced system settings.
3. In the System Properties window, press "Settings" on the Performance option
4. Choose "Adjust for best performance

This isn't recommended though, Windows will look really ugly
Dntm8kmeeatu
If you run windowed, I highly suggest using fullscreen and letterboxing. (This is only available on Latest and higher iirc). Have you tried that on Latest?

Using fallback isn't recommended.
Dntm8kmeeatu

Kao wrote:

Why this may be true on how many frames you can "see", It's still a big issue to go from 1000+fps to 200, Especially if you are used to 1k fps. It's all about feeling.

Sure you might not be able to see them, but you can feel them. More FPS equals a more update frame being grabbed by the frame buffer to be refreshed on screen, giving you a more responsive feeling, and the frames that do refresh, are more up-to-date.

So, Please. Don't say FPS doesn't really matter. In a game like osu! If you aren't a potato, You can notice the difference big time, and can make the game unplayable.
Topic Starter
xOshino

Dntm8kmeeatu wrote:

If you run windowed, I highly suggest using fullscreen and letterboxing. (This is only available on Latest and higher iirc). Have you tried that on Latest?

Using fallback isn't recommended.
Wow actually its works too. (I'm just tick the letterboxing before and doesn't get 200+fps)but now evertyhing is ok Thanks for helps