forum

Porter Robinson & Madeon - Shelter

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
FlickerSoda
This beatmap was submitted using in-game submission on Saturday, May 27, 2017 at 10:36:01 AM

Artist: Porter Robinson & Madeon
Title: Shelter
Tags: shelter the animation a-1 pictures crunchyroll
BPM: 100
Filesize: 7802kb
Play Time: 03:36
Difficulties Available:
  1. Another (4.66 stars, 632 notes)
  2. Hard (1.09 stars, 9 notes)
  3. Normal (1.68 stars, 33 notes)
  4. Sheltered (4.52 stars, 87 notes)
Download: Porter Robinson & Madeon - Shelter
Information: Scores/Beatmap Listing
---------------
Even if those memories make me sad,
I've got to go forward, believing in the future.
Even when I realize my loneliness,
and am about to lose hope,
those memories make me stronger.
I'm not alone... because of you.

Piano cover by Theishter

Work in progress
*re-dl as of 5/27/2017*
EscapeReality
great map - first one i tried that didn't feel overmapped
LowAccuracySS
I'll just put this out there, this is a really fun map. I found myself replaying this a lot when I first downloaded it.
However, I saw a bit of flaws in it and I thought "hey wait I can mod this" so here I am with my first mod :D
That being said, there are some changes I would make:

Changes
00:07:500 (1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8) - This seems a little off-beat here
00:18:900 (7,8,9,10) - imo those need to be closer together
00:43:050 (2) - Make the slider a bit shorter and add a new note, I think that makes the progression better
01:14:400 (3) - Re-angle the slider to the right, that makes the stream that comes after much better to play
01:15:900 (1,2,3,4,5) - Re-angle and re-position these along with the slider?
01:27:300 (3,4,5,6) - Way too close to each other. Either stack or space them out a bit.
01:36:900 (3,4,5,6) - wouldn't mind to see a different pattern here, maybe like this: http://imgur.com/a/ej0yd
01:49:500 (6,7,8,9) - I would change that- it's kind of annoying :P
03:18:150 (4,5,6,7,1) - That jump kind of seemed like a difficulty jump, but i'm not exactly sure...
Other
I would add more variety in patterns tbh
I would bring the AR down a bit to 9 (or up to 9.5/10), it is a bit difficult to read
The upload itself needs more tags

I probably missed some stuff, I needed to go while checking the second half of the song
Topic Starter
FlickerSoda

TheSlimeMan wrote:

I'll just put this out there, this is a really fun map. I found myself replaying this a lot when I first downloaded it.
However, I saw a bit of flaws in it and I thought "hey wait I can mod this" so here I am with my first mod :D
That being said, there are some changes I would make:

Changes
00:07:500 (1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8) - This seems a little off-beat here I actually think that it's on beat along with the rest of the patterns like this UPDATE: Made stuff like these on 1/3 signature.
00:18:900 (7,8,9,10) - imo those need to be closer together I think these jumps show the increasing intensity of the song.
00:43:050 (2) - Make the slider a bit shorter and add a new note, I think that makes the progression better When I tried that I feel like it didn't really fit in to the percussion in the song
01:14:400 (3) - Re-angle the slider to the right, that makes the stream that comes after much better to play Might need to re position the streams and jumps
01:15:900 (1,2,3,4,5) - Re-angle and re-position these along with the slider? ^ also need to re position jumps
01:27:300 (3,4,5,6) - Way too close to each other. Either stack or space them out a bit. Spaced them out by wrapping them around the next slider
01:36:900 (3,4,5,6) - wouldn't mind to see a different pattern here, maybe like this: http://imgur.com/a/ej0yd I made a different pattern where I wrapped them around on the second slider end. http://puu.sh/rZmDQ/7df5bb98f7.jpg
01:49:500 (6,7,8,9) - I would change that- it's kind of annoying :P Thought so too. Changed it to make it more spaced and to make it go along with the next slider.
03:18:150 (4,5,6,7,1) - That jump kind of seemed like a difficulty jump, but i'm not exactly sure... I don't think it's a difficulty jump. Seems like a normal jump for insane diffs.
Other
I would add more variety in patterns tbh Explanation is a bit vague. Where would I put in "more patterns" in the song?
I would bring the AR down a bit to 9 (or up to 9.5/10), it is a bit difficult to read k. bumped it up to 9.5 AR
The upload itself needs more tags I couldn't think of other tags when I first uploaded this. Was thinking about putting "shelter the animation" and "a-1 pictures". It would be nice if you can give suggestions for tags.

I probably missed some stuff, I needed to go while checking the second half of the song
I'm glad that there are some people that like my map. Also thanks for the (half) mod! Keep in mind that I will be uploading easier difficulties and will try to get it ranked once I'm finished with the whole set.
BanchoBot
This modding thread has been migrated to the new "modding discussions" system. Please make sure to re-post any existing (and unresolved) efforts to the new system as required.