forum

[resolved] Osu hitsound delay

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Getus Rektus
Hello i just bought a new pc and i am having hitsound delay issues and i wonder if anyone could help me. What is happening is that the hitsound appeares after the moment i clicked a circle. Osu is installed on a secondary hard drive. I am running windows on a ssd.
Would be awesome if anyone could help me :3

Pc specs:
Win 10
Intel core i7-6700k CPU @ 4.00GHz
16 gb ram
Geforce GTX 1060
64 bit system
o x
Does this problem also happen when you use the default skin?
Also make sure to check and see if the offset is set to 0.
Bara-
Make sure both universal offset (found in options) and local offset (press - or + when playing) are set to 0
Topic Starter
Getus Rektus
my offset is set to zero and i tried different skins :/
You can see here what is happening : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0KdEbvVoWAc&feature=youtu.be
VeilStar
Hitsounds sound in sync to me in your video. Using surround sound by any chance? That might be the issue.
Topic Starter
Getus Rektus
where can i turn off sourround sound? Also my thought was some issue with the realtek audio driver. I am just not sure what to change.
Kao
Is the delay in sounds in osu only or is it in everything?
Try playing some audio in YouTube and see if audio is synced
Or play a video in your PC.
If they're synced, but osu! Isn't
Then I would say try to launch in compatibility mode or change osu to fall back.
See if the audio output in settings of osu! Is set to default, or realtek, if they are, just try testing if one fixes it
(Just type "output" in settings to quickly find it)

If even YouTube or your player is not synced reinstalling audio drivers might help
Topic Starter
Getus Rektus
thanks alot Kao and all the other people for their help i fixed it by turning letterboxing off. I had a video delay. Thanks alot :3
Schnitzel
Under Windows 11 I fixxed it by opening my sound settings and disabling the point "Audio Improvement" of my headset
Apparently it comes with its cost and now it works fine again :D
dainotwibu

Schnitzel wrote:

Under Windows 11 I fixxed it by opening my sound settings and disabling the point "Audio Improvement" of my headset
Apparently it comes with its cost and now it works fine again :D
broo thank you so much, i have been struggling with this audio issue, didn't expect a 7-years old thread would lead me to this solution! <3
Merpix
New bump on this thread

I discovered the same problem just recently, after i got my new audio-interface.
I didn't find any solution, until i thought of one myself, which worked out very well.

So for any of my fellow audio-interface users:

Make sure, you minimize the buffer size of your device, as it increases or decreases
your audio latency to work better with instrument-input.