forum

[resolved] DPI settings. Help needed.

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
immababywhale
Problem Details:

I've recently gotten a cheap ass mouse that allowed for DPI settings of 800,1200,1600 and 2400. I've never used a mouse in my entire life that has DPI settings. Basically, I have no clue how to use it now.

I used to use a normal wired mouse with raw input on and Osu sensitivity 1.95X. (If that helps?)
Red Moon
If you like low sensitivity use 800 DPI, if you like medium sensitivity use 1200, if you like high sensitivity use 1600. You shouldn't be going over 2000 DPI on osu! imo.
Bara-
There isn't much we can do if you don't know the dpi of the old mouse
But basically, if you want the sensitivity to be doubled, you should double Dpi
It's a good idea to look up the dpi of the mouse, and do some calculations
DPI old mouse*Old sensitivity=DPI new mouse*new sensitivity
Topic Starter
immababywhale
Some people say use low sens and low DPI is the way to go so should I just relearn how to play again using low DPI with low osu sens 1X?
AGRX
disable "enhance pointer precision" in mouse settings
use 1.0x multiplier and raw input in osu

if you want to get rid of the last few % of mouse acceleration then use MarkC Fix
http://donewmouseaccel.blogspot.sk/2010 ... n-fix.html

sensitivity is up to you and you should use what fits you the best, not what else is saying to you.
but if you are undecided what to use i might recommend you some settings :D

use sensitivity around our height of your resolution or slightly higher...
if you run like 1920x1080 go with 800 or 1200 those funorange is using 800 and 1200 is like angelsim :D
Topic Starter
immababywhale
Alright, I'm just going to try out 800 or 1200 and see which one I like more. I'll stick with having raw input on and just having the Osu sens to be at 1.5X
Pawsu
Here's a DPI Guide if you're interested. It's worth checking out if you're new to the whole mouse world! ;)
Topic Starter
immababywhale
I'm currently trying out with 1200 DPI with raw input on and 1.5X Osu sens. I don't have a whole lot of room to play with which is why I'm not crazy about 800 DPI. But I will try 800 DPI when I free up more space. But thanks for everyone's help! ^^