forum

Skins that don't show 100s and 50s

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Domo3311
Is it bad for improvement if I use a skin that doesn't show my 100s and 50s on screen? I really like the skin and how it doesn't show the greens bc i'm bad xD
I think it helps with my mental game :^)
7ambda
Not really, but you won't know what patterns you're starting too early or late on. Essentially, you'll be losing feedback on when to time your hits properly.
Topic Starter
Domo3311
I can always use that bar thing on the bottom (for me ) can't I? or is it not as effective
Caput Mortuum
If you avert your eyes from the playfield and to the bottom, guess what would happen next
7ambda
With 100s and 50s, you can immediately see when you're timing a section wrong. With UR bar, you have to look down and take your focus away from the gameplay field. Heck, you'll have to constantly look at the bar while playing if you want to know if you mistimed a pattern or not.
Topic Starter
Domo3311

Eraser wrote:

If you avert your eyes from the playfield and to the bottom, guess what would happen next
o tru dat
Topic Starter
Domo3311

F1r3tar wrote:

With 100s and 50s, you can immediately see when you're timing a section wrong. With UR bar, you have to look down and take your focus away from the gameplay field. Heck, you'll have to constantly look at the bar while playing if you want to know if you mistimed a pattern or not.
So you recommend i stop using this skin?
7ambda
No, just add a 50 and 100 .png file to the skin.
Sandy Hoey
You can even just take them from another skin. IUt could be as simple as a green or blue dot if you want something simple or less distracting
Fatal3ty
Use small dot as hit 50 and 100 (example WWW Skin). Blue dot for 50 and green dot for 100. Not distracting for me, is very simpel. :)
Xyrus_old_1
If you like the skin you're using, keep it, but it's a good idea to add 50s and 100s to it. If you don't like looking at the number 50 or 100 then you can use coloured dots / fireworks / turds / etc. if they're nicer to look at.
mulraf
i always play with a skin without 50's and 100's. i personally think they're distracting and unnesercary for me. i've always been a low acc player though so i can't really talk much regarding that.
Endaris
It's definitely recommended to use them.
Usually you can orientate on hitsounds but on streams for example you might misaim and be one note behind the stream, meaning that even though hitsounds sound fine you're getting 50s. If you don't notice such stuff it will result in further misses.
Guam
ik this post is old, but all i have to say is

plz enjoy game
KupcaH
But why
ManuelOsuPlayer

Domo3311 wrote:

Is it bad for improvement if I use a skin that doesn't show my 100s and 50s on screen? I really like the skin and how it doesn't show the greens bc i'm bad xD
If you have ears rythm sense and you are not brainless, you don't need them for nothing lol. Just find a transparent image on other skins and change the name to overwrite the x100 x50 files.
For example rohulk 4.0 skin have no follow points (a.k.a) transparente image as follow point. Just deleite the x100 and x50 images, copy and paste the follow points renamed as the new x100 and x50 imagen.
You can make it you, the transparent image, using image editors.
You can also make a really small image to use as x100 x50 instead typical "100" "50" biggers than the circles xD
KupcaH

ManuelOsuPlayer wrote:

Domo3311 wrote:

If you have ears rythm sense and you are not brainless, you don't need them for nothing lol. Just find a transparent image on other skins and change the name to overwrite the x100 x50 files.
For example rohulk 4.0 skin have no follow points (a.k.a) transparente image as follow point. Just deleite the x100 and x50 images, copy and paste the follow points renamed as the new x100 and x50 imagen.
You can make it you, the transparent image, using image editors.
You can also make a really small image to use as x100 x50 instead typical "100" "50" biggers than the circles xD
Did you even read what he said?
He didn't ask how to make transparent 50's and 100's.
ALSO, this thread is 7 month old. I'm sure that OP doesn't care about this anymore.