forum

Alfakyun. x Camellia - calling

posted
Total Posts
show more
Monstrata
What... Just because the song is 1/6 doesn't mean you must map them as 1/6. You'll find in many maps, 1/4 is a very typical and acceptable method of simplification for 1/6. How do you plan to map 1/6's on a Hard? Any form of 1/6 clicking rhythm is far too dense, is the option then to simplify to 1/1? No, you can still use 1/4. Apply this logic to every instance of 1/6 that was pointed out, and you'll understand where i'm coming from.

1/4 is, and will always be a way to simplify 1/6. In a lot of maps, i would actually consider simplification to 1/4 better than 1/6, and this is one of those cases. Using 1/6 rhythm is just not good for playability. 1/6 is far too dense in terms of clicking rhythms, especially in conjunction with 1/4's. The other option of mapping them, as 1/6 repeats, is far too simple too.

Even recommending 1/6 snaps is detrimental to quality imo. Imposing it is just absurd, sorry...
Izzywing
I think the wording of kuron's post as these things being "necessary" as opposed to suggestions (which is where I was coming from as someone who was part of the check) is causing some trouble here, would be cool if we could chalk that as a blunder and not get into a slapfight over it or w/e.

re: the lowest diff slider thing, I would start that on the red tick right before where you currently set it to, I just thought it was weird that the head was mapped to literally nothing when you could have at least set it to that red tick. but this wouldn't too big a deal if unchanged.

edit - also my thoughts on the 1/6 thing, mapping 1/4 over 1/6 is chill when done consistently, assuming it's done intentionally. please don't get so worked up over the snapping part, kuron worded it poorly ><

also, this check is unrelated to the veto since vetos are about general map issues usually while this check is a bunch of smaller and less general issues that can be chalked up to accept or deny usually.
Monstrata
Huh, no one's getting worked up xD. Just explaining why the issue Kuron brought up was incorrect, since ProBox's response didn't really address why 1/4 snapping is preferred over 1/6 in general.
Izzywing
you never know with the drama these days lol, just wanted to avoid a pointless fight
Aurele
As requested!
Monstrata
No fights dw, me and Kuron are cool ;)

@enfermeira Kuron-kun minhas desculpas se qualquer coisa que eu disse soa picante lol, eu estava apenas explicando o problema com 1/6 encaixe
Topic Starter
ProfessionalBox

Monstrata wrote:

Huh, no one's getting worked up xD. Just explaining why the issue Kuron brought up was incorrect, since ProBox's response didn't really address why 1/4 snapping is preferred over 1/6 in general.
I should have probably elaborated further on the "having 1/6 snaps for 185 is dumb" because I was referring to density with that.
Kuron-kun
a

I honestly didn't even think anyone had replied to this thread yet so I didn't say anything gsdgnaslkjdnhgasdkga

it's okay, I just tried to compile everything and post stuff here, but if I said something that sounded wrong, my bad then, this is not a veto or anything
Topic Starter
ProfessionalBox

Kuron-kun wrote:

a

I honestly didn't even think anyone had replied to this thread yet so I didn't say anything gsdgnaslkjdnhgasdkga

it's okay, I just tried to compile everything and post stuff here, but if I said something that sounded wrong, my bad then, this is not a veto or anything
All good as another nominator already disclosed to me the fact that you just worded a few sentences misleadingly :)
Pizza_boi
relly good map
Krfawy
ProfessionalBox, maybe I'm just blind but I can't find any response to my post here: p/6609053

Can someone tell me if there was any post with the response and link it or respond now? D:
Irreversible

Monstrata wrote:

Huh, no one's getting worked up xD.
Well, ask me? I wanted to check how many upvotes my comment got and was just about to think about a new one to write, when I saw this got diqualified.
Never been SO worked up
Irreversible
???
melon boy
?????
-Atri-
???????
Krfawy
??????
?????????
Topic Starter
ProfessionalBox
I fixed stuff. as for Krfawys comments I raised ar of Aia's diff and other stuff is fine as it is imo
Bariton
hewwo
Doj
bruh
gUn_d0N[i]o2007
Candyland v2.0?
BanchoBot
This modding thread has been migrated to the new "modding discussions" system. Please make sure to re-post any existing (and unresolved) efforts to the new system as required.