forum

Loved Community Vote: Round 1 (osu!)

posted
Total Posts

Please choose up to four (4) maps that you'd like to see enter the Loved listing.

Reol - +Danshi by Evening (http://osu.ppy.sh/s/165991)
5.94%
aran - Graces of Heaven by rustbell (https://osu.ppy.sh/b/572525) [DEBUG DIFF. ONLY]
12.29%
Ni-Sokkususu - Shukusai no Elementalia by Silynn (https://osu.ppy.sh/s/203309)
12.71%
Jeff Williams - Red Like Roses part I & II by Kotayo (https://osu.ppy.sh/s/129314)
15.95%
Nero vs After School - Sound In Motion vs AH (Fauxami Mashup) by galvenize (https://osu.ppy.sh/s/234646)
4.73%
DystopiaGround - AugoEidEs by Raikozen (https://osu.ppy.sh/s/346104)
11.33%
Hanatan - Kagerou Variation by RLC (https://osu.ppy.sh/s/351629)
5.66%
I See MONSTAS - Holdin' On (Skrillex and Nero Remix) by Blue Dragon (https://osu.ppy.sh/s/286145)
10.38%
Silent Siren - Routine by Shapy (https://osu.ppy.sh/s/377921)
9.55%
xi - Akasha by Jemmmmy (https://osu.ppy.sh/s/118768)
11.47%
Total votes: 17725
Polling ended
show more
Weber
yeah but real talk

maid-chan yori
Cubzy

charburg wrote:

Out of curiosity, could Eighto be loved? The map wasn't uploaded by the creator and the creators are both banned, does this matter? Idk if this is the right place to say this, but, Eighto is iconic.
But Aqo isn't banned :v
-Makishima S-
Ni-Sokkususu - Shukusai no Elementalia

/me want <3
fundamental
I think this voting system is pretty horrible. But we are still in the testing phases, so I presume you are still looking for feedback. This is the place to post feedback right...?. Anyway, So here is how I would have done it.

---Number of songs getting loved status each week is too low, 20 not 4.

When you initially showed this new feature off it was with 20 maps. And I think that worked really well. Personally I feel like it could be even a bit more, but 20 works. With only 4 maps a week, getting a loved map is looking to be super tough/ a rarity. Something that might take a lot of time to happen. ( Sounds a bit familiar? ) As for a player I was really excited for this but the drizzle “4 songs a week pace” just fizzled my hype out a bit.

---10 choices? How about we add a zero to that.

In the long run, hopefully this gets it’s own custom voting system. Because a 10 choice with no multiple vote for the same choice is very limiting.

So now with 20 maps getting in, we obviously need more choices. And I think 100 should be pretty easy. There are multiple lists already, with some having hundreds of suggestions. Not to mention many high level players who would have many great suggestions as well.

---Vote like a star~

Each person would have 10 votes, if they so choose they could put all ten in one song. To add on to that, kudos/star points can be used as extra votes. May have to put a limit on the star points (100?) , I don’t really know. But I think that would be a great way to reward those who help out with mapping.

---For those who didn’t make it.

This is where things get a little tough. I can see what you are trying to do with the “2 times and you’re out” thing. But the small pool of choice, and smaller pool of winners, it’s kinda harsh. Now with what I’m suggesting.

Once voting is done there will be 80 maps left. What do we do with these maps. Bottom 40 get removed. Can not be in the polls for 1(2?) week(s). The other higher 40 stay for the next poll. Of course this is just one idea, still trying to think of the best way to go about this.

---In the end

That of course goes for all of this. It’s all just an idea, but I hope you at least consider it. I feel like this could be something amazing if done right. I simply want to help anyway I can.

There are a lot of people who are excited about this, and a lot there are rightfully concerned. If you look online, you will probably see some bashing the idea already. I feel that most of it comes from them caring about osu! And the quality of the beatmaps getting exposure. I’m not an experienced mapper, nor am I a pro player. But I know there are many concerned about this that are. Be sure to listen and reach out to them, they probably have some great ideas too.

Keep up the great work and effort!

ps. sorry if this is not where to post this.
Fezu

charburg wrote:

Out of curiosity, could Eighto be loved? The map wasn't uploaded by the creator and the creators are both banned, does this matter? Idk if this is the right place to say this, but, Eighto is iconic.
Eighto has a possibility of being loved since there's no ruleset surrounding the creators' status. Aqo is unbanned and links to the Tom94 uploaded version on the web page anyways. So no, it shouldn't be problematic.

It will take a long time till Eighto gets picked. Since it's not heavily favorited like some other unranked maps.
xarathas
Can we make it so we can vote multiple times for one map?

I would vote for Graces of Heaven 4 times if I could, seeing how it doesn't quite make the cut right now is pretty disappointing to put it mildly.
Dre-
can we see the rank range voting for each map wouldn't be surprised if it was a bunch of people who can't even play the maps in the pool that are deciding this
fieryrage
if red like roses gets loved i'm going to be a staunch opponent against this system

in no way shape or form should that ever get loved, it's objectively a terrible map.
Anxient
its leading the rankings right now though.

im so sorry
Net0
C'mon guys Red Like Roses it's quite popular and the section it's for loved maps. You can't deny that lof of ppl find it funny. I didn't even vote on it. Just saying that even if it's objectively bad, people like and play it. So yeah, loved section fits.

Personally I'd love to see Danshi loved way more because of the fact that it's a full spread of 3 game modes. That opens the opportunity to all players enjoy this section, followed by Akasha, Shukusai no Elementalia and Sound In Motion vs AH, but it seems that voting direction its mainly focusing on extra diffs. It's open voting so I won't complain about it, but consider trying all of them out before voting :)
Fezu
The system is to determine the maps loved by the community. So, I don't see the problem here.
Yocake
Oh, go 4 it
Rayne Sylvania
Raikozen map @p@
Enon
some people seems didn't understand about this loved system.
Kiyohime

fieryrage wrote:

if red like roses gets loved i'm going to be a staunch opponent against this system

in no way shape or form should that ever get loved, it's objectively a terrible map.
That's literally the point of the Loved section though; the community likes it, therefore it goes into Loved. The Loved section isn't for judging flow/quality/aesthetics/etc/etc.

Does the mass of the community like the map? Yes? Done. Loved.
Jace

MyFaceYourFace wrote:

SPOILER
I think this voting system is pretty horrible. But we are still in the testing phases, so I presume you are still looking for feedback. This is the place to post feedback right...?. Anyway, So here is how I would have done it.

---Number of songs getting loved status each week is too low, 20 not 4.

When you initially showed this new feature off it was with 20 maps. And I think that worked really well. Personally I feel like it could be even a bit more, but 20 works. With only 4 maps a week, getting a loved map is looking to be super tough/ a rarity. Something that might take a lot of time to happen. ( Sounds a bit familiar? ) As for a player I was really excited for this but the drizzle “4 songs a week pace” just fizzled my hype out a bit.

---10 choices? How about we add a zero to that.

In the long run, hopefully this gets it’s own custom voting system. Because a 10 choice with no multiple vote for the same choice is very limiting.

So now with 20 maps getting in, we obviously need more choices. And I think 100 should be pretty easy. There are multiple lists already, with some having hundreds of suggestions. Not to mention many high level players who would have many great suggestions as well.

---Vote like a star~

Each person would have 10 votes, if they so choose they could put all ten in one song. To add on to that, kudos/star points can be used as extra votes. May have to put a limit on the star points (100?) , I don’t really know. But I think that would be a great way to reward those who help out with mapping.

---For those who didn’t make it.

This is where things get a little tough. I can see what you are trying to do with the “2 times and you’re out” thing. But the small pool of choice, and smaller pool of winners, it’s kinda harsh. Now with what I’m suggesting.

Once voting is done there will be 80 maps left. What do we do with these maps. Bottom 40 get removed. Can not be in the polls for 1(2?) week(s). The other higher 40 stay for the next poll. Of course this is just one idea, still trying to think of the best way to go about this.

---In the end

That of course goes for all of this. It’s all just an idea, but I hope you at least consider it. I feel like this could be something amazing if done right. I simply want to help anyway I can.

There are a lot of people who are excited about this, and a lot there are rightfully concerned. If you look online, you will probably see some bashing the idea already. I feel that most of it comes from them caring about osu! And the quality of the beatmaps getting exposure. I’m not an experienced mapper, nor am I a pro player. But I know there are many concerned about this that are. Be sure to listen and reach out to them, they probably have some great ideas too.

Keep up the great work and effort!

ps. sorry if this is not where to post this.
if people are already complaining about quality and we're only 20 in, it's insanely unrealistic to expect them to pump out 20 new maps for this category every week, while still keeping the quality high. you'd run out of good content for this category in like 3 weeks, and it would just decay to allowing anything that's hard and playable in. keep in mind this is a section for a select few of osu's most well known and appreciated unranked maps, not just so unranked maps can have a leaderboard to watch top players on.
batman98
ELEMENTALIA NOWWWWWW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
fieryrage

Kiyohime wrote:

fieryrage wrote:

That's literally the point of the Loved section though; the community likes it, therefore it goes into Loved. The Loved section isn't for judging flow/quality/aesthetics/etc/etc.

Does the mass of the community like the map? Yes? Done. Loved.
it's pretty clear the mass of the community actually doesn't love the map i listed, but instead the people who can barely play it (or can't at all) voting for it.

and i again, i said objectively, as in the mp3 quality is shit, timing is off in several places, and other issues. if that kind of stuff is apparently "loved" material then alright, i guess.
Jatie

fieryrage wrote:

it's pretty clear the mass of the community actually doesn't love the map i listed, but instead the people who can barely play it (or can't at all) voting for it.

and i again, i said objectively, as in the mp3 quality is shit, timing is off in several places, and other issues. if that kind of stuff is apparently "loved" material then alright, i guess.
Red like roses is a fun map. That's what loved section should be. It is NOT qualified.
7ambda

fieryrage wrote:

If a lot of people like a map (even if it may not be the best quality-wise), then there's nothing wrong with that map getting loved, even if a majority of the community can't properly play it; that's the point of the loved system.

You may think the map doesn't deserve to be loved, but many others disagree. Don't forget that the people who can judge mapping quality well only represent a small portion of the community.
ithgyu

fieryrage wrote:

The point of loved is to allow maps through even if they might be objectively bad. Its fun, I enjoy playing it, even if its obviously pretty bad.
Lagel

fieryrage wrote:

Someone doesn't understand the point of this at all
Paranomic
Galaxy Collapse?
wws
elementalia please ;)
Dre-
so basicly if a bunch of people support something it justifys it? aight ISIS Hitler drugs and everything else anyone has EVER supported or agreeded / liked by a massive amount of people is alright. regardless of loved or not its horribly made and there are better maps that could be picked and its only getting picked because hurr durr jumps im 100k i like to play 7* its in bad taste theres nothing more to it. Honestly this community has such horrible taste in maps my god.
xxdeathx
all about that kneesocks
xarathas

Write wrote:

aight ISIS Hitler drugs and everything else anyone has EVER supported or agreeded / liked by a massive amount of people is alright
Quality analogy, you just compared what players want to have in a fun little video game to psychopathic mass murderers and genocide.

While I agree that a weighted (obviously not determined by rank because that's pretty dumb) voting system or something similar would be great, the way you make it seem like it's the next global crisis isn't exactly helping.
Jace

Write wrote:

so basicly if a bunch of people support something it justifys it? aight ISIS Hitler drugs and everything else anyone has EVER supported or agreeded / liked by a massive amount of people is alright. regardless of loved or not its horribly made and there are better maps that could be picked and its only getting picked because hurr durr jumps im 100k i like to play 7* its in bad taste theres nothing more to it. Honestly this community has such horrible taste in maps my god.
i don't like red like roses but if the majority wants it then who are you to complain? this isn't "Write's favorite maps" list, this is a community chosen list for iconic and well known unranked maps (red like roses is undeniably this). it's not like having it in is the end of the world, any other map you like that isn't getting chosen in this list will have a chance next week.

the map is pretty bad, but I don't think it should be a big deal to have it loved. it's clearly a well known map and the better maps in this collection that didn't make the cut will hopefully make it next week.
superlookie
holdin'on!!
Fezu
Because I'm bored and since the poll is not ascending or descending.

1. Red Like Roses Part 1 Part 2
2. Shukusai no Elementalia
3. Graces of Heaven
4. Akasha

So keep voting.
Supreme
Graces of heaven 10/10
Shige-Tora
deltaMAX is so unbelivable to Qualified.....
RealSkullKid
Binchulu

RealSkullKid wrote:

maybe this could be loved:3
I believe this map is still trying to get ranked. Unless Fort dumped it
DeletedUser_7520443

mrkawaiikun wrote:

RealSkullKid wrote:

maybe this could be loved:3
I believe this map is still trying to get ranked. Unless Fort dumped it
nah fort peaced out on osu a few months ago, he hasn't mapped/updated any of his maps since

(this could also mean that we could love some other maps fort has created, such as this, this, this, this and as said earlier, this. and if fort does come back wanting to rank maps that have been loved, he still can so win win?)

(also, 7 hours left hype)
Dre-

Jace wrote:

the map is pretty bad, but I don't think it should be a big deal to have it loved. it's clearly a well known map and the better maps in this collection that didn't make the cut will hopefully make it next week.
thats the very issue im very sure there will be more popular unranked maps added to next week basicly lowering any chance of current week maps getting in this entire system is autistic.
Cynplytholowazy
Maybe we could include some other still excellent Aspire maps into the Loved section, e.g.
https://osu.ppy.sh/s/484896
https://osu.ppy.sh/s/484802
and https://osu.ppy.sh/s/484593
Fezu

Write wrote:

Jace wrote:

thats the very issue im very sure there will be more popular unranked maps added to next week basicly lowering any chance of current week maps getting in this entire system is autistic.
The whole removal of maps from being able to be loved is pretty tragic yeah. Especially since the first few rounds are always going to have popular unranked maps that are going to win straight out of the gate anyways.

Must say the close race between Augoeides and Akasha was pretty nifty, until even that got destroyed by Akasha's popularity.

Then again I guess it makes sense to remove, even if its just to add some validity to this system. Otherwise the loved section could just be every map thats unranked.
ryza
I wouldn't be surprised if the top 5 were added because Akasha and Augoeides are so close.
Topic Starter
Ephemeral
Maps aren't being removed from being able to be Loved - they're just being removed from the initial voting rounds. There WILL be other ways to get into the category once we've sorted stuff out internally.
show more