forum

LeaF - Alice in Misanthrope -Ensei Alice- [Taiko]

posted
Total Posts
show more
Backfire
[General]
Maybe Oni should be OD/HP 5.5? To differentiate more from muzu. I feel it has some complex parts, which could lead to miss/mash or whatever.

[No Regret]
00:26:210 - 00:27:600 - These SV were misleading, and lead me to miss a few times. I think they should be done away with or replaced with a flat SV, because it looks like its ddK, when it is coming at you during game.

00:45:909 - 00:48:002 - The random parts throughout here seems so arbitrary, you should again probably keep this to something simple rather than random.
01:02:479 - This area has similar problems.

01:18:382 - I think this should just accelerate slowly, no deceleration. It looks more difficult than it is.

02:01:130 - This stream should be similar to the one before because it is the same sound and rather, it still unique because it has an extended length. So like kdkkdd.

02:06:727 - I kinda like if you do like d dkk kkd dkk kkd kkd, instead of what is there currently. It allows you too to add the sv to the first note of 3, rather than in an awkward place.

02:08:645 - This could be more linear, and fit the music a little better. kk(dddk)dkd(kkkd), I believe plays a little better and fits the music as well.

[Oni]
00:26:210 - 00:28:294 - Similar to No Regret, I feel like this misleads and makes it look like dK.

01:52:758 - 02:02:525 - I think these should all be inverse of each other, so like, ddkkd, kkddk, kkkkd, ddddk. It certainly sounds less harsh and isnt quite as hard.

[Muzukashii]
00:38:758 - This sound is a bit different than the ones before, so consider just normal d? or D.

00:42:944 - D kkk, D kkk, D kkk k d? I'm not sure about this 00:45:037 - part tho. I think it'd be ok to alternate, so in 01:02:479 - it does it as well, but not in 00:51:316 -

00:46:607 (168,173) - Remove? I think they feel a little too much.

01:19:270 - This whole kiai feels like it is missing a lot but has too much 1/4 in unnecessary places, such as 01:21:711 - 01:24:502 - 01:27:990 - 01:30:083 -
I think you should fill it with more 1/2, instead of 1/4. This is at your discretion, because simply I would ruin your whole kiai if I give my full mod on it.

I quite liked Oni.
Topic Starter
S a n d

Backfire wrote:

[General]
Maybe Oni should be OD/HP 5.5? To differentiate more from muzu. I feel it has some complex parts, which could lead to miss/mash or whatever. Changed :3! Indeed

[No Regret]
00:26:210 - 00:27:600 - These SV were misleading, and lead me to miss a few times. I think they should be done away with or replaced with a flat SV, because it looks like its ddK, when it is coming at you during game. Unchanged ;w;... When I re-watched this section, I see that no point in time do dd and K are connected or overlapped

00:45:909 - 00:48:002 - The random parts throughout here seems so arbitrary, you should again probably keep this to something simple rather than random.
01:02:479 - This area has similar problems. Changed :3! Both are reduced to something less random, was just wanting to add some variation in case of boredom or so called pp mapping

01:18:382 - I think this should just accelerate slowly, no deceleration. It looks more difficult than it is. Changed :3! Good point, Nwolf also mentioned this before as well.

02:01:130 - This stream should be similar to the one before because it is the same sound and rather, it still unique because it has an extended length. So like kdkkdd. Changed :3! Good point again

02:06:727 - I kinda like if you do like d dkk kkd dkk kkd kkd, instead of what is there currently. It allows you too to add the sv to the first note of 3, rather than in an awkward place. Unchanged ;w;... Because the d that is used for emphasizing doesn't really work well when there are too many d's

02:08:645 - This could be more linear, and fit the music a little better. kk(dddk)dkd(kkkd), I believe plays a little better and fits the music as well. Changed :3! With a bit of my own twist

[Oni]
00:26:210 - 00:28:294 - Similar to No Regret, I feel like this misleads and makes it look like dK. Unchanged ;w;... as explained in No Regret

01:52:758 - 02:02:525 - I think these should all be inverse of each other, so like, ddkkd, kkddk, kkkkd, ddddk. It certainly sounds less harsh and isnt quite as hard. Changed :3! That's a great suggestion, and it sounds amazing as well. I'm just worried that it would be harder for beginner players to read since the pattern isn't repetitive anymore

[Muzukashii]
00:38:758 - This sound is a bit different than the ones before, so consider just normal d? or D. Changed :3! Nice catch

00:42:944 - D kkk, D kkk, D kkk k d? I'm not sure about this 00:45:037 - part tho. I think it'd be ok to alternate, so in 01:02:479 - it does it as well, but not in 00:51:316 - Unchanged ;w;... I originally thought this was a fine idea, but then I realize the consistency problem that follows on so didn't.

00:46:607 (168,173) - Remove? I think they feel a little too much. Changed :3! Next section as well

01:19:270 - This whole kiai feels like it is missing a lot but has too much 1/4 in unnecessary places, such as 01:21:711 - 01:24:502 - 01:27:990 - 01:30:083 -
I think you should fill it with more 1/2, instead of 1/4. This is at your discretion, because simply I would ruin your whole kiai if I give my full mod on it. Unchanged ;w;... I think the 1/4 fits well in the spots you mentioned, it's just that I didn't want to use pentaplets, since that would make Oni way too hard (it already is)

I quite liked Oni. <3
Ty Bakafire <3 pls no h8 m8
Ayyri
[w]
  1. 00:28:991 - Conflicting red / green line volume percentages, as well as the fact that the kiai should start from the red line if the green line isn't changing the sv. :v
  2. 01:19:270 - Same as the above.
These happen in more than one difficulty sooo.. :p
Topic Starter
S a n d

Ayyri wrote:

[w]
  1. 00:28:991 - Conflicting red / green line volume percentages, as well as the fact that the kiai should start from the red line if the green line isn't changing the sv. :v
  2. 01:19:270 - Same as the above.
These happen in more than one difficulty sooo.. :p
All Changed :3! Nicely pointed
Ty for your timing consistency fix, they were helpful :3
Is there any other issue you would like to address?
Chromoxx
oh yeah, please mod my mappu when if u have time at some point
(https://osu.ppy.sh/b/1097543)

[General]
audio good, BG good, remove ChojiNaked.jpg from the map folder, thx

[Kantan]
00:08:337 (9) - move to 00:09:034 - the sound here is a lot stronger
00:13:918 (18) - ^
00:23:031 (30,31) - ctrl G, pitch goes up here
00:24:425 (32,33) - dd sounds better and gives more contrast and variety imo
01:22:060 - this pattern is maybe a little long, perhaps shorten a bit somehow
01:41:595 - i think the hits in this part should be finishers, since they are very strong parts. you are basically undermapping one of the most intense parts of the music so you might as well give the notes you have finishers to bring more impact

[Futsuu]
00:23:031 - same for the doubles here as in the kantan
01:41:595 - i'd suggest finishers here again

[Muzukashii]
- in general about this diff i'd suggest making the doubles monocolor, since doubles are already kind of a tricky pattern and having color changes may be a bit too hard there
01:31:828 - this is too hard, a chain of doubles like this in the muzu is definitely going too far imo and you should probably find a way to make an easier pattern here
01:34:618 - ^
01:41:595 - you are mapping 1/4 stuff in relatively calm parts, yet the one part where there is strong 1/4 everywere you aren't using it at all? I would suggest remapping this section using short d ddd or ddd d or k kkk or kkk k type patterns
02:22:512 (586) - move to 02:22:686 - it sounds and plays more natural to have the last 1/4 in the music as the triplet if you aren't mapping it all imo

[Oni]
seems good

[No Worries]
nothing i really object to here either

uhh, call me back
iloveyou4ever
Rank hype :)
Topic Starter
S a n d

Chromoxx wrote:

oh yeah, please mod my mappu when if u have time at some point
(https://osu.ppy.sh/b/1097543)

[General]
audio good, BG good, remove ChojiNaked.jpg from the map folder, thx lmfao fuck you wwwwwwww I'll do it next time

[Kantan]
00:08:337 (9) - move to 00:09:034 - the sound here is a lot stronger
00:13:918 (18) - ^ Changed both :3!
00:23:031 (30,31) - ctrl G, pitch goes up here Changed :3!
00:24:425 (32,33) - dd sounds better and gives more contrast and variety imo Changed :3! With a bit of my own variation
01:22:060 - this pattern is maybe a little long, perhaps shorten a bit somehow Changed :3! Somehow shortened it
01:41:595 - i think the hits in this part should be finishers, since they are very strong parts. you are basically undermapping one of the most intense parts of the music so you might as well give the notes you have finishers to bring more impact Changed all :3! never expected "undermapping" as a comment ever to my map but okay XD

[Futsuu]
00:23:031 - same for the doubles here as in the kantan Changed :3! Same as kantan
01:41:595 - i'd suggest finishers here again Unchanged ;w;... I'm worried that beginners will have trouble reading too dense of big notes

[Muzukashii]
- in general about this diff i'd suggest making the doubles monocolor, since doubles are already kind of a tricky pattern and having color changes may be a bit too hard there
01:31:828 - this is too hard, a chain of doubles like this in the muzu is definitely going too far imo and you should probably find a way to make an easier pattern here
01:34:618 - ^ Changed all :3! All to kk
01:41:595 - you are mapping 1/4 stuff in relatively calm parts, yet the one part where there is strong 1/4 everywere you aren't using it at all? I would suggest remapping this section using short d ddd or ddd d or k kkk or kkk k type patterns Changed :3! Added a lot of 1/4 in the first half, but for second half it seemed a lil hard to add 1/4, so I only applied it in the end
02:22:512 (586) - move to 02:22:686 - it sounds and plays more natural to have the last 1/4 in the music as the triplet if you aren't mapping it all imo Changed :3!

[Oni]
seems good

[No Worries]
nothing i really object to here either

uhh, call me back
uhh, ty (? <33333
Chromoxx
nice creative thingie, a fun to play set for players of all levels!

your maps suck, please stop mapping.
nearly as bad as NWOLF

Kek i'm stupid
Topic Starter
S a n d

Chromoxx wrote:

nice creative thingie, a fun to play set for players of all levels!

your maps suck, please stop mapping.
nearly as bad as NWOLF fuck you <3
Hype <3
Raiden
Can you please tell me what exactly "No Regret" has to do with the song? I see it lately in all your maps so you I assume you want to establish it as some sort of gimmick for all your high difficulties?
Nwolf
tbh would prefer Regretless Oni, it makes more sense for difficulty naming
Raiden
if it still has nothing to do with the song, I don't think it would be allowed

just use Inner Oni lol
Topic Starter
S a n d

Raiden wrote:

Can you please tell me what exactly "No Regret" has to do with the song? I see it lately in all your maps so you I assume you want to establish it as some sort of gimmick for all your high difficulties?
Regretless Oni =/= No Regret
Most of the Regretless Oni has nothing to do with the song. It is just my "other style of mapping." While, yes, No Regret is being used in all ranked high difficulties, but that is only 2, and both songs are chosen to fit the naming of No Regret
Music video could be found here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dYCQrXx8hLw

Before I start explaining my interpretation on this song, I would just like to first establish the fact that art can be interpreted in any ways you like. A hundred viewers will have a hundred different interpretation. As long as an interpretation is backed up, there is no such argument as wrong answer. The following paragraphs will explain as to why I have chosen the name "No Regret", and how it links to the title, movie and my interpretation.

"The last reason, you, I'm in this world" is the text that could be found in 0:05~0:06seconds mark in the music video [1]. In a music video that is all about misanthrope (cynical) and 厭世 (ensei, hatred towards the world), well, what does this mean to me? I interpret this as Alice's (the main female character) lover, someone who made her without regret stay in the world that she antagonize so much. She has the will and determination(undertale pun intended) to wait for this person's return, she has no regret in her action; thus, she lasted. Why is it that she is waiting for someone important (most likely lover) to return? If you take a look at 0:21, she is looking outside of the window for hope, as the light is used as a metaphor for hope, for someone that she finds truly dazzling. (as well as 2:07, where she is with someone with male body shape [6])She is elated to find the person she is waiting for; thus, she went out to the world that she frowns upon. But what does she get in consequence of that? She did not find the one she was looking for, instead, other couples (shown by the overlapping symbolism for gender at 00:41 [2], as well as how they are connected in 00:54~00:56 for a very brief moment), then again reminds her how lonely she is. After going through all of the hatred, complication, in the end, she finds herself ending up with nothing (1:40 [3]). Following by that scene, she is full of hatred, deduced from the irregular shapes and blood splatter imagery; in the end, she picks up her knife (1:53 [4]), with yandere as hell face (1:57 [5]), ready to end everything. Going full rampage mode, without any conscious, without any mercy, turning into something that is fully relentless. Which as we can see from her actions, she has No Regret.
Image Reference
[1]:
[2]:
[3]:
[4]:
[5]:
[6]:

Does this satisfy your question, Dr?
Raiden
Seeing your line of argumentation, most reasonable name would be something like Relentless Hatred (her hatred for everything). The fact that she has no regret is a consequence of her hatred for the world, not anything else. She has no regret because she hates the world she's in with such passion that of course she won't be regretful of her destructive attitude.

This way you can put the difficulty name "Relentless Hatred" and build the map as the representation of her acts, and maybe if the other song is a continuation, make it with a loneliness-related difficulty name.
Topic Starter
S a n d

Raiden wrote:

Seeing your line of argumentation, most reasonable name would be something like Relentless Hatred (her hatred for everything). The fact that she has no regret is a consequence of her hatred for the world, not anything else. She has no regret because she hates the world she's in with such passion that of course she won't be regretful of her destructive attitude.

This way you can put the difficulty name "Relentless Hatred" and build the map as the representation of her acts, and maybe if the other song is a continuation, make it with a loneliness-related difficulty name.
Thank you for your input :3
I think both of them works to represent the idea of this song, I'm using No Regret so that it also fits the other maps I'm doing, since the other map doesn't have anything to do with Relentless Hatred XD.
Nwolf
rawr
Topic Starter
S a n d

Ntiger wrote:

rawr
weff <3333
Surono
da hel this map is asfdfasdfasd demm, Luv u SVs, finishers, varieties~

Grats SirSand! <3
musake
Grats !