forum

Osu Lag spikes/Stutters

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Rumon
Problem :
During a song or even in the menu my fps drops and causes a lag spike for a short period of time.
I have asked #Help for assistance and no use
I have tried googling my issue and haven't found a solution

Previous attempts at a fix :
  • Re-installing osu!
    Updating my drivers
    Changing all my osu! settings in compatibility
    Tried fixing osu! with the repair tool
    Re-installing windows
If anyone has had this issue and fixed it please help.

Specs :
  • Intel I7 4790k 4.5Ghz
    Geforce GTX 970 4gb
    16 GB RAM
    128gb SSD (which is what osu! is on)
    Windows 10 64bit

Screenshot showing the problem:
https://osu.ppy.sh/ss/6368920

osu! version: stable(latest)

EDIT 1 :
I think i may have fixed the issue, i will change it if it is not fixed however from my testing i believe the issue has been solved

EDIT 2:
The issue is fixed however I have come across another issue. To fix the original issue i re-installed my tablet drivers, this caused me to lose my custom active area, however I believe this to be the source of the problem. My issue now is that I have a different active area this has caused a different sensitivity is there anyway to make it the same without changing the area using math?

EDIT 3:
The issue still happens

EDIT 4:
I have fixed the issue, I ran an anti virus scan and it found 4 threats and restarted my pc, havent had an issue since

EDIT 5:
The lag is back

EDIT 6:
I believe I have found a solution, as I am using a Razer blackwidow chroma i am using razer synapse. I have updated it in a while so i did and the lag went. A new version came out and the lag was back, I updated my razer synapse and it went. I believe this may be the issue
Dntm8kmeeatu
Do you have an Anti-virus? Try disabling it and see if the problem still persists?
Topic Starter
Rumon

Dntm8kmeeatu wrote:

Do you have an Anti-virus? Try disabling it and see if the problem still persists?
I have already tried this and the problem still persists
Dntm8kmeeatu
You sure no other programs are running in the background and possibly causing this behaviour?

----

Would you happen to have multiple wallpapers set to rotate at certain intervals?
Topic Starter
Rumon

Dntm8kmeeatu wrote:

You sure no other programs are running in the background and possibly causing this behaviour?

----

Would you happen to have multiple wallpapers set to rotate at certain intervals?
I do not have changing wall paper i have default windows 10 and i don't believe any other background applications could interfere with osu!
Jude
i have the same problem, also windows 10 (was thinking of making a thread but too shy) i changed something in the options i still don't know what was it got better, but not completely fine.
Topic Starter
Rumon
Does anyone else get this problem and found a fix?
Kao

Rumon wrote:

SPOILER
Problem :
During a song or even in the menu my fps drops and causes a lag spike for a short period of time.

• Re-installing osu!
    Updating my drivers
    Re-installing windows

Specs :
  • Intel I7 4790k 4.5Ghz
    Geforce GTX 970 4gb
    16 GB RAM
    Windows 10 64bit

EDIT 1 :
I think i may have fixed the issue, i will change it if it is not fixed however from my testing i believe the issue has been solved

EDIT 2:
The issue is fixed however I have come across another issue. To fix the original issue i re-installed my tablet drivers, this caused me to lose my custom active area, however I believe this to be the source of the problem. My issue now is that I have a different active area this has caused a different sensitivity is there anyway to make it the same without changing the area using math?

EDIT 3:
The issue still happens
You should make a thread about your problem in Edit 2, most people won't see it and creating a new thread would help in getting an answer faster since it's a separate issue.
To answer your question though, if you made backups of your tablet profile, simply restoring them works. Other than that, I don't know

Rumon wrote:

I can't say for sure, but there are lots of threads where their fix was changing Windows 7 to Windows 10 Vice versa.
Though I don't know if it could fix yours.
I assume that osu! Has very bad integration with Windows 10 / something in Windows 10 is what causing it

Either way you could start by giving us a list of your installed programs and a screenshot of your task manager (and make sure more details is on)
Topic Starter
Rumon

Kao wrote:

Rumon wrote:

SPOILER
Problem :

• Re-installing osu!
    Updating my drivers
    Re-installing windows

Specs :
  • Intel I7 4790k 4.5Ghz
    Geforce GTX 970 4gb
    16 GB RAM
    Windows 10 64bit

EDIT 1 :

EDIT 2:

EDIT 3:
The issue still happens
You should make a thread about your problem in Edit 2, most people won't see it and creating a new thread would help in getting an answer faster since it's a separate issue.
To answer your question though, if you made backups of your tablet profile, simply restoring them works. Other than that, I don't know

Rumon wrote:

I can't say for sure, but there are lots of threads where their fix was changing Windows 7 to Windows 10 Vice versa.
Though I don't know if it could fix yours.
I assume that osu! Has very bad integration with Windows 10 / something in Windows 10 is what causing it

Either way you could start by giving us a list of your installed programs and a screenshot of your task manager (and make sure more details is on)

I have fixed it