I am what happens when you skip 1-4*

posted
Total Posts
14
Topic Starter
P o i
87% accuracy mostly.

Not sure how to get into 2-4* without turning on DT. Probably too late to fix at this stage. Hoping practice will solve the problem eventually. I only alternate, so that might be part of the issue.

Just a note to those of you getting into the game and thinking about skipping ranks:
-Don't. You'll be angry most of the time, and have terrible accuracy in general.


I personally don't regret my decision, but my skillset(failset) is a bizarre one because of it.


Edit: This account's been around for a year, but I've only really played around 3 months.
J_8579
You know what, go ahead and play like that if that's what you enjoy.
Xyrus

Le Poi wrote:

Not sure how to get into 2-4* without turning on DT. Probably too late to fix at this stage. Hoping practice will solve the problem eventually.
Don't turn on DT, just wait patiently until the approach circle touches the hitcircle / slider.

Le Poi wrote:

87% accuracy mostly.
I only alternate, so that might be part of the issue.
Alternating is not the issue. You just haven't learnt how to read the map yet.
Sojana
Stop mashing and actualy read the map and tap accordingly, I play AR9 90% of the time but I can read AR8 and AR10 aswell on a decent level. Since u have played before play maps u can comfortably play without mashing 90-99% acc, if u get lower acc it's probably to hard. Don't retry the same maps over and over, try a map play it untill the end and move on to next one. Repeat that and switch up a lot. I have been doing that for some time and it helped my reading immensely. I had been stuck for a while on 2k pp bcuz I couldn't FC anything, now I can get 98-99% acc, on maps I had trouble with, on first try. There is the occasional choke, shitmiss or w/e but just don't care to much about FC'ing focus on acc and u get to FC maps more naturaly. At least that was for me. Also try to play stuff u have trouble with and don't avoid it. If u can't do tripples, play maps with tripples if u have trouble with jumps play maps with more jumps etc. Just get exposed to different kind of maps and patterns.
mizuki-chan
it doesnt matter if your overall acc is 87% or 99% as long as you enjoy the game/enjoy the music.
for me it's more fun to play a map for a "pass" instead play for "FC".
when i play maps above 6 star and get 85% acc i dont care about that.
kurodahatsuharu

mizuki-chan wrote:

it doesnt matter if your overall acc is 87% or 99% as long as you enjoy the game/enjoy the music.
for me it's more fun to play a map for a "pass" instead play for "FC".
when i play maps above 6 star and get 85% acc i dont care about that.
Better Acc that's mean you enjoy music "better". what is enjoy if you have wrong beat to listen to?
Domo3311

kurodahatsuharu wrote:

mizuki-chan wrote:

it doesnt matter if your overall acc is 87% or 99% as long as you enjoy the game/enjoy the music.
for me it's more fun to play a map for a "pass" instead play for "FC".
when i play maps above 6 star and get 85% acc i dont care about that.
Better Acc that's mean you enjoy music "better". what is enjoy if you have wrong beat to listen to?
What does that even mean? Enjoy means to have fun period. Everyone has their own perception of whats fun and whats not. High acc definitely does not guarantee that your enjoying the music or map.any more than another that you got low acc on.
mizuki-chan

kurodahatsuharu wrote:

mizuki-chan wrote:

it doesnt matter if your overall acc is 87% or 99% as long as you enjoy the game/enjoy the music.
for me it's more fun to play a map for a "pass" instead play for "FC".
when i play maps above 6 star and get 85% acc i dont care about that.
Better Acc that's mean you enjoy music "better". what is enjoy if you have wrong beat to listen to?
maybe some people have bad acc because they cant read a certain AR or cannot stream long streams well?
i can very well listen and react to beats but doing long stream above 200 bpm with 2 fingers instead of 2 hands has nothing to do with "beat" or "rythm" anymore.
I Give Up
Personally I would stick to mashing as that seems to be working for you. Accuracy will come later.
kurodahatsuharu

mizuki-chan wrote:

maybe some people have bad acc because they cant read a certain AR or cannot stream long streams well?
i can very well listen and react to beats but doing long stream above 200 bpm with 2 fingers instead of 2 hands has nothing to do with "beat" or "rythm" anymore.
For streaming your need to keep rhythms and tempo, but of course for people don't play piano you will think in a different way.
kurodahatsuharu

Domo3311 wrote:

What does that even mean? Enjoy means to have fun period. Everyone has their own perception of whats fun and whats not. High acc definitely does not guarantee that your enjoying the music or map.any more than another that you got low acc on.
That's mean "better", i don't say you can't enjoy it.
And what is enjoy when you listen to something like this ?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KolfEhV-KiA
Domo3311

kurodahatsuharu wrote:

And what is enjoy when you listen to something like this ?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KolfEhV-KiA
Don't judge people's taste in music fam :^)
dGeist
maybe some people have bad acc because they cant read a certain AR or cannot stream long streams well?
i can very well listen and react to beats but doing long stream above 200 bpm with 2 fingers instead of 2 hands has nothing to do with "beat" or "rythm" anymore.
Story of my acc.... I have bad acc because I seem to react too early and getting 100s in every single jump, stream and stack and I jumped to 5-6* to train my agility and response for the long and tough (for me that is) 4* maps . Not sure I can ever get my acc back anymore. :(
Runiel
Turn off DT for 2 weeks and keep playing 3* maps and you are good to go
Please sign in to reply.

New reply