Nintendo Switch

posted
Total Posts
show more
PrincessAzula_old
It's also likely that Zelda won't be a release game, just a headsup
Topic Starter
NaomiMinette
Typed all that I could while watching the presentation. I'm sure there are other places that have things compiled better, but anyway:

★March 3, 2017 release date
★Cost is $300
★Use online services via your smart device; will become paid later
★NO REGION LOCKING!!!
★2 1/2 - 6 1/2 hours of battery life; uses USB Type-C charger
★Mario Kart 8's port or remake was shown
★Has a touchscreen
★Up to 8 Switches can connect to each other
★Right joycon has an NFC writer which reads amiibo
★Left joycon has a capture button; will be able to capture video in the future
★Individual motion controls for both joycons
★Two more buttons are shown on both joycons similar to shoulder buttons
★Color variations for the joycons
★Joycons can attach straps
★Right joycon has a camera
★Joycons have HD rumble (or just the left joycon, not sure); be able to feel objects as if you're really holding them; two new games were made using this: 1-2-Switch (doesn't require people to look at a screen to play; releases at launch) and ARMS (basically a fighter; will have online multiplayer; releases in Spring)
★SPLATOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOON 2; WAY TOO MANY NEW THINGS TO TALK ABOUT, SORRY GUYS (LOL); releases in Summer
★Super Mario Odyssey; sandbox 3D Mario game taking place in a modern day setting; new moves, enemies, environments, and whatnot; releases in holiday 2017
★Third-party games shown/teased
★Game showcase video; shows A LOT of games
★Hands-on events across the world
★The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild's release is... LAUNCH DAY!!!
Chaosemerald
Splatoon 2!! Zelda BotW!!!! SUPER MARIO ODYSSEY!!!!!
this is going to be so great man
Topic Starter
NaomiMinette
TeeArctic1
I'm liking the titles they showcased, gets me hyped. Hope Splatoon 2 has just as good music.

On the technical side, I have two main issues, one being the short battery time, the other being the small controller.

I am also deeply saddened by Nintendo's decision to finally give in and do paid dlc and multiplayer. Guess there's no merit to playing with friends anymore..
Topic Starter
NaomiMinette
Justykanna
I'm a little bummed to not see many JPRGs (or at least on the lists I saw). Dragon Quest 10 and 11 don't even have an NA date and I think Pokémon Stars is a fair bit away.

Also: I've heard rumours of Super Smash Melee being released on the Switch... like... why. It's the 2nd oldest Smash.

Blazevoir wrote:

★Cost is $300
Shame that it's $100 more here because of exchange rate. =/

Blazevoir wrote:

★NO REGION LOCKING!!!
Out of curiosity, why are people going nuts about this? o_o
Topic Starter
NaomiMinette
Because... all of the past systems from Nintendo had it?
Justykanna

Blazevoir wrote:

Because... all of the past systems from Nintendo had it?
Yeah but like... why does it matter 'that' much? Out of the large number of 3DS gamers that I know, I don't think a single one knows how to read Japanese anyway. Am I missing something?

I'm not against it. I'm not insulting it. I am just curious on the hype.
Topic Starter
NaomiMinette
The fact that there were Japan-only games is most likely the reason. It didn't matter if those players couldn't (fully) understand Japanese.
45Traeath
I'm going to be idiot for a short minute...

Will the NS support the previous systems' (NDS/3DS/...) games or will there only be NS-specific stuffs like 3DS had its own?
Chaosemerald

Justykanna wrote:

Yeah but like... why does it matter 'that' much? Out of the large number of 3DS gamers that I know, I don't think a single one knows how to read Japanese anyway. Am I missing something?

I'm not against it. I'm not insulting it. I am just curious on the hype.
It's not only Japanese games, everyone gets hyped about. For an example WarioWare: Twisted for the Game Boy Advance was never released in Europe, but because the GBA is region free, you can play an American copy of the game on an European GBA with no problems.

It's a pretty neat feature, especially if Nintendo decides to release a special edition of the Nintendo Switch that looks totally epic, but it's only available in Japan and you live in Canada. Then you can buy the console from Japan and buy the games from the local game store in Canada
MrAdamson45

Choke Master wrote:

Someone have it already
https://twitter.com/onani_monster/statu ... 2371741696

really. *sigh*
Topic Starter
NaomiMinette

45Traeath wrote:

Will the NS support the previous systems' (NDS/3DS/...) games or will there only be NS-specific stuffs like 3DS had its own?
We honestly have no idea.
MrAdamson45
the new zelda game that's coming out on it looks AMAZING!!!!!!!!
Justykanna

Chaosemerald wrote:

It's not only Japanese games, everyone gets hyped about. For an example WarioWare: Twisted for the Game Boy Advance was never released in Europe, but because the GBA is region free, you can play an American copy of the game on an European GBA with no problems.

It's a pretty neat feature, especially if Nintendo decides to release a special edition of the Nintendo Switch that looks totally epic, but it's only available in Japan and you live in Canada. Then you can buy the console from Japan and buy the games from the local game store in Canada
I don't think I know anyone whose all excited about 'that' portion of the system. But good to know, thanks.

45Traeath wrote:

How would you even run them with only one screen? xD
Would be nice if it was backwards compatible though.
45Traeath

Justykanna wrote:

My brain deleted that point from memory XD
More precisely, it made me remember it as a "double-concept" thing like "one-screen on one side, and add a tablet-like thing to get two-screens gaming" XD

(See how idiot I have been XD)
TakuMii

Blazevoir wrote:

45Traeath wrote:

We honestly have no idea.
Nintendo already confirmed that it's not backwards compatible at all. It's a shame, considering that they could've easily achieved 3DS compatibility with the already-confirmed hardware (technically speaking, they both run on ARM architecture, so 3DS games likely could run just fine without even needing to resort to emulation... I think the lack of compatibility was a conscious choice on Nintendo's part).

Justykanna wrote:

The 2DS hardware has a single screen and simulates having 2 screens with no problem, not to mention the Wii U already has DS games available in its Virtual Console library... And considering that the 3DS is only 240p per screen, it'd be no trouble at all to fit everything on the Switch's single 720p screen.
Yocake
45Traeath
Well, now we've seen everything XD
Topic Starter
NaomiMinette
Topic Starter
NaomiMinette
Yocake
OMG...!!!
Topic Starter
NaomiMinette
So Voez will be coming to the Switch. Has anyone here played the mobile version before? If so, what's your thoughts on it?
Jinxy
It's just a scrolling note rhythm game with the gimmick of moving rails, not bad per se and also not too jackhammery so it should be fine on Switch
Jackertud
Well guys, we only have a week left before it comes out. :!:
Serraionga
To think I could be playing the new Zelda game on an entirely new system this Friday/Saturday... can't wait!! :)
Topic Starter
NaomiMinette

Serraionga wrote:

To think I could be playing the new Zelda game on an entirely new system this Friday/Saturday... can't wait!! :)
I'm worried I'll lose sleep waiting for my console and game... lol.
Topic Starter
NaomiMinette
http://nintendoeverything.com/you-can-merge-your-wii-u-3ds-eshop-balance-with-switch-right-now-on-nintendos-website/ - Just a heads up for those wanting to buy something from the Switch eShop immediately and still have funds from their 3DS/Wii U.

EDIT:

>Ascension to Heaven
Well shit... now I'm more inclined to get this.
Pachiru
Woah ! If this is official, this look very neat ! I hope they will do more rhythm game on Nintendo Switch ! :)
Topic Starter
NaomiMinette
It's official. I bought the game on its NA release (although EU and JP had it on Switch's launch).
Pachiru
Is the game Voez expensive or not?
Topic Starter
NaomiMinette
$25 USD, but unlike the mobile version, all songs are unlocked right away. And it's scheduled to have free DLC later.
Alysia_old_1
I love it so much, I don't regret buying it at all
Topic Starter
NaomiMinette
>Fate game coming to Switch
>"Interesting..."
>Senran Kagura also coming to Switch which will use HD rumble
>finds way to buy JP eShop credit

Hi.
Kingkevin30
Btw, do you guys already have a thread for Friend Code Exchanges?

And also, the only thing i find kinda annyoing is the split Credit's
And for some reason its way easier to get a JP E-Shop Card than a US one...
You Americans and your silly seperate Taxes..still found a Work-around for it,
but its still kinda annoying when you have 40€ on one account, 5$ on the other, and whatever Yen amount on the Japanese xD
_sparky_
Mk8 deluxe is out! It's a lot of fun even though it's just mk8 wrapped with a bow.
Is it worthy for a new topic??
Topic Starter
NaomiMinette
I don't think we even have enough Switch players in this community to begin with...
Ovoui
hey there, does anyone here buy blaster master 0 ? It's very good game tho
Topic Starter
NaomiMinette
http://nintendoeverything.com/fateextella-the-umbral-star-debut-trailer-on-switch/

Half-tempted to get this even though I don't know anything about the Fates series outside of Fate/kaleid. I'm wondering how much do I need to know if I do end up getting the game.
show more