forum

Inconsistency with triple taps.

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Luddy
I have recently began to play osu! and so far I am loving it, but now I am getting into harder songs above 3 or 4 stars and I am noticing that triple taps are very common, triple tapping as when you are hitting 3 consecutive notes in quick succession. I am having an extremely hard time getting any good triple taps when the BPM of a song is too fast for me. I can hit triple taps when at a lower BPM, but after I reach a certain point, it just feels like I am mashing my keyboard rather than practicing or learning how to do them properly. I was wondering if anyone has any tips on how I could overcome this issue? I have been considering trying out alternating my taps all together, Z X Z X Z X. But I am way too used to using one finger to tap then switching when I need a break for one.

If anyone has any tips for me it would help greatly. It would also be great if someone could point me in the direction of songs under 5 stars that have a moderate amount of triple taps.

Thanks! (First time posting to fourms. c:)
Sandy Hoey
To be honest, I don't think you're at the right level to be playing 4 star maps just yet. That is probably why you are having troubles. You need to find something a little easier so that you get your fingers used to triples.

Play more
Topic Starter
Luddy
Well for me personally, I can be playing 4 star maps and still get around 95%+ acc, but if the map has triple taps, I basically bail after a while because my acc drops below 70%. You are right, I should probably be focusing on a bit more of 3 star maps, but I still feel like I should be finding some way to get triple taps down eventually.
Gens
It might sound a bit blunt, but in the end it does always come down to, keep playing. It can seem far-fetched at first, but if you keep at it you'll eventually reach that point where you'll be able to say "wow, I just FC'd that". :)

I always had trouble with streams myself, but I eventually found and managed to mix clicking with the mouse and tapping with the keyboard, since going all keyboard was just impossible for me.
Domo3311
Definitely start to use z,x,z or x,z,x for the triple taps. If your not doing so currently also do it for streams. If you're ever going to be playing harder songs you will HAVE to alternate because it will be way too fast to single tap. Get used to alternating now, it will benefit you in the long run. It's not hard to do also, just keep at it for a couple hours and i'm sure you'll get used to it.
Here are a couple triple tap maps
https://osu.ppy.sh/s/142915
https://osu.ppy.sh/s/191241
I Give Up
I personally find triples harder than streams. I remember when I used to "stream" triples lol. But don't try that o.o
Topic Starter
Luddy
Thanks Domo3311 for the maps! Going to need em! And I think I am going to be using z, x ,z for my triple taps, then move on from triples to streams. Trying to get this down because I know once you get up into more difficult maps, triple taps and streams are all over the place.
Topic Starter
Luddy

KukiMonster wrote:

I personally find triples harder than streams. I remember when I used to "stream" triples lol. But don't try that o.o
Totally have to agree with this, I can do some streams currently, but I can do barley ANY triple taps. Triple taps feel like sudden jolts to me while streams feel smoother.
winber1

KukiMonster wrote:

so would you rather play four dimensions with streams or four dimensions with triples

or would you rather quit this game and get a life
Topic Starter
Luddy
Forgot about this fourm lol. Just found it by searching my userpage in google custom search rather than the user. Thanks everyone here, few months later, I am able to FC 5*+ maps, triple tap ;), and stream decently high bpm. Thanks!