wow who's this cool guy who made the not so light light insane
Edit: even more updated diff
Raphalge wrote:[Warpyc's Insane]
00:07:241 (2,3,4,5) - this part felt very weird moving into 00:08:086 (1,2,3,4,5) - , maybe re-arrange the pattern? it might be the spacing change but the song does call for it, anyways I changed the drum jumps a bit, idk if that will fix it tho
00:42:311 (6,7,8,9,10) - warpyc jumps(tm) pattent pending, it feels a bit out of place in the map, to improve it maybe you could curve or even stack the triple? I think it worked pretty well with sharp angles on the drum heavy parts but since it's indeed not consistent with the rest of the map I changed it, also stacking that triple would not do the trumpet/drums any justice as at all no pun intended
01:16:959 (5,6,7,8,9,10) - think these should be curved too in order to go with the flow of the rest of the section.. I don't want them to look / feel like the trumpet triples hence why they're straight
01:37:241 (4,5) - curve these like you did with 01:37:663 (8,9) - ? purely for aesthetics. Didn't think anyone would notice that but I changed my hand placed circle to a slider converted one now so it should be symmetrical
02:04:917 (9) - make this sliderend quieter? At the moment it's offputtingly loud considering the only sound here is a very soft drum hit. sure
02:08:402 (10,11) - Have you considered removing these 2? Feels a bit weird adding the quiet cymbal to the stream. And also the fact that none of the other diffs do it. No I haven't nor do I plan to, makes the jumps afterward feel really awkward without the complete stream also I don't think it's anything anyone will notice
Thanks for modding
Updated timing and kiai times on all diffs including GDs as listed in Lanturn's mod, updated Warpyc's diff as per his reply to Raphalge's mod.
Lanturn wrote:Heya from my queue. I'll be honest. I would never picture this as a battle theme imo. It's a bit too happy for my JRPG battle music tastes lol. Yeah I found it really interesting too but it does fit the tone of the fight, can't say fairer than that
01:51:607 - Kiai would be better cut off here. After this point, the song just doesn't have as much epic feel, and is mostly just carrying off of the earlier parts. Yeah I suppose so
00:03:438 - Your timing should start here. Add a uninherited (red) timing point to this spot. Note that you'll probably have unsnapped notes when you do this. For more information, I suggest reading this wiki: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Anacrusis Oh I should have realized that was an anacrusis. Thanks
- 00:11:466 (2,3,4,1) - (2,3) is a perfect place for symmetry with (1). Please do so here. Start by placing (2) at x488, y192, and then put (3) as a vertical flip of (1). Make sure to adjust (4,1) as needed. I don't understand why I didn't do this. Maybe something to do with sliders pointing at notes
- 00:30:058 (5) - For better effect, why not remove this circle? It gets boring clicking the same old 1/1 gaps over, and over, so a few 2/1 gaps here and there adds some nice variety. Also this note here isn't very powerful at all and it gives more impact when you click the one after. Good idea
- 00:49:072 (3,4,5) - For more impact, why not swap these so the crazy trumpets or whatever they are get the circles to click instead of a slider. Yes.
- The whole kiai section. I'll be brutally honest here. It's rhythm is boring. There isn't a single 2/1, 3/2, or above, and there isn't any 2/1 gaps either. The whole thing is just 1/1s, over and over. Here is a few examples you can bring some variety into it.
- 01:25:198 - 01:27:945 (1) - 01:38:086 (1) - and such. At the beginning of most measures, you could easily adapt any of these into a 3/2 slider and it will flow perfectly into the strong vocal and instrumental point at places such as 01:25:198 - This applies to most of the kiai. If you do this every 2nd or 4th one maybe, it'll be enough variety to make the kiai more interesting to play. Interesting that you mention this, I DID have some here originally actually but I thought something like "longer sliders in a kiai is less intense and weird" and opted for the 1/1 spam that currently exists. If I'm brutally honest, I loathe Easy difficulties with a passion, never having played them when I started osu!since they didn't seem to follow the song in satisfactory ways, and I hate mapping Easies since more often than not they turn out to be spinhacker fodder :c Nevertheless since my Normal is a bit complex I'm obliged to make an Easy and might as well make it interesting to some degree.
- 01:37:663 - since you cut off the kiai here, I like to think of this as more of a rest or preparation point for the upcoming kiai. Consider deleting (4) and using a repeat on (3) . This will let the player rest a little before heading off to the last kiai. Sure why not
- 01:52:029 (2,3) - For these ones (01:55:410 (2,3) - etc), maybe convert one or two of them to a 2/1 slider starting at (2). The (3)'s head isn't a very powerful note, so it could easily be skipped over if wanted. Changed some of them
- 02:03:860 (5,6) - The (6) doesn't really hit anything. infact, one could argue it hits nothing at all making it borderline unrankable. How about using a 3/2 reverse here starting where the (5) is? You'll hit the key notes (the reverse part will be more important than 02:03:860 - as well btw) on the reverse and the end this way I hear a little stream here and there's definitely something on the end of 6, your suggestion leaves a 1/2 gap between 6 and 1 which is something I'd like to avoid at all costs. I do hear some drums in 6 so I'm not sure why you say it's not mapped to anything but maybe the start of 6 isn't emphasized very well..
Eh I actually like what you did with most of this diff. I liked how for the most part, you followed the song itself here instead of using a boring rhythm. Sadly for a few parts, you kinda overmap and it felt like a chore to play instead of having said fun when I knew there was going to be an exciting note to hit. When I mapped Hard the first thing I thought was "the Normal will need to not be a metronome clicker" so I did my best to follow the song as I heard it without 1/4 or any of that. Pleased to hear that it kind of worked
- 00:13:156 (3) - one of the interesting parts here is how you hold the sliders to the piano's held notes. When you get to this note however, the piano doesn't use a held note here (it drowns out a lot faster than the other ones). Because of this, I highly recommend just using a single circle here. Fair enough
- 00:23:508 (3) - So when I get to this part, the only thing I care about is the main melody which you've been following perfectly at this point. Then this circle shows up. I understand its to build up with the background instrumentals, but for anyone who is playing this, they'll probably have the same mindset as me and only care about following the main instruments. I recommend deleting this circle for this reason. Okay, if you say so
- 00:32:170 (1,2,3,4,1,2,3,4,1,2,3,4,1,2,3) - This chain of 1/2 is quite a bit for a normal. 00:30:480 (1,2,3,1,2,3,4) - Maybe swap these like you did with 00:44:001 (1,2,3,4,1,2,3) - This will give a gap at 00:33:649 - at least. Sure, makes sense
- 01:04:072 (3) - This is pretty much the same thing as 23 seconds here, and for the very same reasons. I basically want to play notes I want to hit, not forced to hit. Yes, changed
- 01:21:184 (1) - how to win at symmetry: Spam control H on it and line up all the nodes but the middle red one. After that, move the red one to the middle with grid snap, and find the spot between where it shrinks down 1/4 and it's original 2/1. Next hold shift, and make it even more precise by moving it ever so slightly up/down until you find that sweet point where it shrinks down 1/4. You should have a perfectly symmetrical slider now! for now, try placing the first node on x136, y356 and the second node at x196, y384. Move the last two as needed (control+h helps here) and then find the sweet spot for the middle node. It's located at x256, y334 if you can't find it. Make sure to copy paste this to 01:22:874 (3) - as well. I tried my level best to get this to work but the slider would not work with the mid point where you suggested would be perfect, it made the right side too long and left me frankly a bit bewildered. I tried to keep it as symmetrical as possible. Thanks for the tip though, I'll practice and see if I can't get it right
- Note that your whole kiai is at a difficult point known as advanced. It's too hard for Normal and the whole reason for this is simply because you only have 1/2 gaps here. This whole section needs some 1/1 breaks. 01:27:734 (3) - 01:31:114 (5) - 01:34:494 (5) - are some prime examples of candidates that could be removed and not have any impact on the rhythm in whole. Notice how you don't hitsound these either. It just means they aren't important at all. Removed some of these
- 01:52:241 (2) - 01:55:621 (2) - 01:59:001 (2) - and so on. Try throwing a drum normal hitsound here. It at least gives it some meaningful impact with the vocals and doesn't really stick out. Added some claps here
- 01:58:367 (1) - I think you're missing a drum finish here. Indeed I am
- 02:04:283 (4) - Should honestly start 1/2 later at 02:04:494 - for the instruments. Maybe make it a 1/2 reverse or a circle plus 1/2 slider? Sure why not
- 02:08:297 (3) - Break these up? (convert the head and tail to a circle) I'd rather click both of them instead of holding here since none of the instruments playing hold to this point. Was thinking about this when I made the pattern to be honest
This map feels a bit too dense imo. It could stand to lose some triplets here and there, and maybe not so many 3/4 sliders. I mention some of these below. This is exactly what I was worried about when I mapped this diff and I didn't see how I could remove some triples without creating inconsistencies but I think like you said I see some opportunity for removing 3/4 sliders to make it hopefully less dense
- 00:03:438 (1,1,2,3,4,5,6,7,1,2,3,4) - I think you should build up to this better from the start. You go from two calm notes into a crazy cluster of notes in no time at all. I really think you should map the start of this like you do Easy/Normal (maybe swap Easy/Normal with Hard/Savage for this reason?) so it feels a bit more natural when the dense part jumps in. Sure why not
- 00:47:593 (2) - unrankable. it goes off the screen. It has to be lowered. Ugh.
- 01:21:184 (1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8) - This rhythm doesn't make any sense. The triples occur at 01:21:501 - and not 01:21:290 - and such. Did something else here
- 01:24:565 (1,2) - So the (2) doesn't really hit anything strong at this point, if anything at all tbh. 01:24:987 - is a lot stronger, and should be prioritized here. Check the GDs, they do this correctly.
- 01:36:396 (1) - what is this 3/4 following? The stronger note appears back at 01:36:607 - in every way possible. Same thing with 01:49:917 (1) -
- 01:38:403 (2) - Same as 1:24:565 - with this 1/4 note.
- 02:04:283 (5) - There isn't much point to this note. The 1/1 spacing makes it play a lot better.
Changed everything above as well as a bunch of other things in the Hard to have some more gaps between notes which should hopefully tone down the density a bit
I spent a bit too much time on these diffs so I'll cut it here. Hope this helps the lower half of your diffs at least. Thanks very much for the mod it was incredibly helpful! The Hard is perhaps still a bit too dense for most people's liking but I think it should follow a similar rhythm to the Insanes while still being playable for the intended audience. Maybe it's still a bit much but all the horrible 1/2 into 1/4 sliders are gone so that should help finger control. Hopefully the lower diffs are a bit cleaner now, thanks once again for the in depth explanations and little tips
Raphalge wrote:[Shinenite's Insane]
00:08:086 (4,5,1) - Consider making this triangle more like the one that comes right after it Sure.
00:11:043 (4,5) - Weird how you mapped 00:12:945 (8) - this but not the note between these, imo Already discussed this on
slackDiscord, the 4,5 are more for the trumpet but the 8,9 are for the other.. instrument, whatever it is, so I don't really see a problem there? Besides, the 8,9 appear here 00:14:635 (8,9) - too.
00:17:381 (2,3,4,5,6,7,8) - see how this forms like a zigzag but then 8 ruins the pattern? Recommend changing it so that it's similar to laon's name (a series of w's) Fixed.
00:19:917 (5) - held sound but nothing between this and next note? Recommend slider or a note at 20:128 for the held sound there up to you Oh. Good point, went with a triple, as well as a triple a little bit later on to sort of make it more consistent with the change.
00:25:198 (5) - Consistency between pauses is good yes but here the bakground trumpets have an intense moment starting at 00:23:719 (1) - so leaving gaps kinda undermines that intensity. Recommend mapping a note here, same at 01:05:762 (5,6) - Also a good point, fixed.
00:41:466 (3,4,5,6) - If these made some sort of shape it would look nice in my opinion.... maybe some sort of rectangle or something. Also the spacing drop from 4 to 5 feels a bit strange and unnecessary I really like how that pattern plays so making it a shape would probably ruin that and I don't mind that it looks kinda bad asthetically, when it comes to the spacing between 4 and 5 I feel like the pairs of 3,4 and 5,6 are more intense than when going from 4,5 so I feel like it's fine as is.
(minor) 00:52:029 (5,6) - blanket things Fixed.
00:55:410 (9) - This should follow the flow from 7 to 8 and point more upwards imo, it's a weird movement to go from 7 to 8 and then 8 to 9 to follow the sliderpath which is almost perpendicular to the expected flow Fixed.
01:14:424 (1,2,3,4,5,6,7) - looks untidy without neat symmetry imo :c Make it so! Like 01:19:494 (1,2,3,4,5,6,7) - Fair enough, it does look a bit messy I guess lol
01:16:325 (2,3) - again spacing drop. try to arrange these to make nicer looking shapes or patterns, it makes the map look more polished Same as last time, I think the space drop is fitting and I think the pattern looks pretty nice as is. I did slightly increase the spacing between 2,3 though. But not by too much.
01:29:212 (10) - long slider in kiai feels underwhelming, consider mapping to lyircs here for a tiny bit Fixed.
01:42:522 (8,9,10) - considering ctrl+g ing the slider and stacking the triple on top of what is currently the sliderend. Btter flow imo! Fixed.
01:46:114 (10) - Feels VERY underwhelming to have massive sliders here imo. Doing something with 1/2 here might be better imo Fixed.
01:50:762 (3,4,5,6,7) - The noise to which this is mapped continues for a while, maybe another two notes? Although the stream is more mapping to the drums and the drums end at 7 I don't see the harm in making the stream longer.
01:53:508 (2,4,6) - The visual spacing between these is unsightly at BEST. HEAVILY recommend moving 6 down further along with 5 to look a bit better Fixed.
01:56:255 (4,1) - Pause feels strange, recommend slider or note to cover the sudden gap. This pause doesn't have the same emphasis as 01:54:987 (1,2) - is why i ask Fixed.
02:07:241 (2) - Random slider? Full notes like 02:05:339 (1,2,3,4,5,6,7) - except for the triple is recommended personally, much better feel in an Insane Fixed.
02:09:987 (6) - What Simon would say. Don't see a problem, if you have a suggestion for what it would look like, fine by me, I'm leaving it as is though lol
Yumeno Himiko wrote:[Shinenite's Insane]
00:10:198 (1) - finish? Sure
00:22:135 (9) - hmm can't see the reason for this one, just want a triple here? I don't think it's a nice idea. 00:22:029 (8) you may remove this too so you can make it same with the previous patterns. Hmm, well it was sort of there for consistency but I guess it doesn't really make sense for a triple there, so fixed.
00:27:100 (7) - NC Fixed
00:52:452 (6) - NC ^
00:59:424 (6) - NC ^
01:02:804 (6) - ^ ^
01:05:973 (6) - ^ not to mention later, keep adding them to the final ^ I only really found one spot after the one you mentioned where I had to fix NCs so I hope that they're fine now
01:09:142 (9) - Sampleset Normal Hmm, I dunno, I think that suddenly changing to Normal sampleset sounds weird as heck.
01:09:565 (1,2,3) - ^ Since I use drum sampleset here changing it to Normal kind of makes it sound worse imo + above so...
01:24:565 (1,2) - use Normal whistles, also finish on 01:24:565 (1) As before, I dunno, I don't quite like how it switches to Normal Sampleset like that so I don't really want to use Normal whistles/finishes sorry
01:27:945 (1,5) - normal whistle too, not to mention later Same as above
01:36:818 (3) - Sampleset Normal Same as above
01:50:339 (2) - ^ Same as above
Sorry for just modding the hitsounds and NCs, since I'm poor at modding structures >w< Well, I don't really agree with the random switches to Normal sampleset, but the NCs were nice to point out, so it's alright
Yumeno Himiko wrote:You may copy hitsounds from Shinenite's Insane which fits the song better, or you should consider add finishes here and there. Yep did this, Shine's hitsounds are nice Thank you :')
Yumeno Himiko wrote:m4m from my queue~ hihi
00:15:269 (3,4) - The music fits more with a reverse slider + a circle, with 00:15:269 (3) a 1/2 reverse slider and a single circle at 00:16:536 (4) to express the lower tune here. I tried to fit it in here but I don't want to miss the held sound by making 00:16:114 (4) - a note :c
00:43:156 (5,1,2) - just for aesthetic, what about making them a regular triangle since you're doing perfect blankets? Adjusted, couldn't make perfect since I want 1 to point at it though
? something like01:07:663 (4,5,1) - I think the note is just a bit squeezed here, feeling a bit awkward, especially the moving flow is rolling back. What about make 01:08:508 (1,2) moving upward, this may make you change a few patterns. You have a point but I like the symmetry of the next sliders, I'll consider if more people think it looks cramped
01:37:663 - I wonder why there isn't a note, it feels really strange if you played this part and you can't find a reason to remove this one since other rhythms are fully filled. I checked Lanturn's mod and I guess he means you to extend the repeat of 01:36:396 (3) here XD. Nah I read the mod again and based on how it was before he definitely asked it to be this way. I don't much like the pause but it works in my opinion is why I changed it.
00:29:635 (3) - Just my personal opinion, what about make it a copy of 00:28:579 (1)? Then I will get comments about ill fitting blankets
00:36:184 (2) - remove this one? I noticed you're not filling up all the rhythms and seems that you can get this note away to make it easier.
00:49:706 (2) - ^ same for this Hmm you have a point about removing some of these, I will think about which ones can be removed without being inconsistent and make it a little simpler.
01:26:677 (1,2) - I would reverse the rhythm here, that is 1/2 slider for 1 and 1/1 for 2, imo this rhythm fits the song better. Agreed, this sounds better to me as well
00:23:297 (5,6,1,2,3) - The rhythm here is a bit hard for players just reaching Hard diff, and will be easily to get miss on 00:23:719 (1,2,3), so I suggest making 00:23:297 (5,6) a slider. IMO that takes away from the rising BGM intensity
00:26:043 (3,4) - I think it's a bit overmapped in hard diff as I can hardly distinguish anything on the blue lines and wonder why they're 1/4 reverses. 00:27:733 (5) I can understand this reverse tho. tbh I think 00:26:677 deserves more with a 1/4 reverse than
00:26:466. The reverse sliders are mapped to some guitars that appear consistently, and not the trumpets
00:54:142 (1,2,3,4,5,6,1) - tbh this really shocked me at the first time and missed some circles. 00:54:776 (1) - I think you need a NC here to emphasize the players that the next circle is here and won't be lossed in the reverses. And my personal thoughts, you can change 00:54:987 (2,3,4,5) into 2 sliders to make this pattern easier.
01:06:607 (1,2) - can't understand these 1/4 reverses too, and I think 01:06:818 is strong enough to have a circle or slider start here.
I can understand your patterns, but some mixes of 1/4 and 1/2 sliders can really make new players confused, especially the reverse sliders that reverse over 3 times. I hope you may reconsider some of them to decrease the difficulty. e.g. 01:52:452 (3) is really confusing. Also 01:56:677 (1,2), make a different rhythm and players can't react quickly. I did actually make some of the triple>circle>triple into some sliders to make it a bit easier. I know the map is a bit dense for a hard but I wanted to represent the song as much as possible
00:16:959 (1,2,3,4,5) - This one is really tricky, is that intended? 00:17:804 (5) is hard to notice, even harder than 00:22:663 (4) which is a similar pattern since you use a triple here 00:17:276 (2). Yeah those back and forths are intended, I put them in all my maps
You may copy hitsounds from Shinenite's Insane which fits the song better, or you should consider add finishes here and there. Yep did this, Shine's hitsounds are nice
Sorry for such a short and low quality mod XD, your map is really well structured and I can hardly pick any problems. So I mainly focused on rhythms and hitsounds, hope my mod helps.
Good luck on this set~Thanks for the mod, helped quite a bit, hope my mod helped you as well
<-- Arf fanart and .osu
- 00:01:008 (1) - i think u can stop the spinner at 00:03:015 - it sounds better xD Fine
- 00:34:494 (4) - stack is off nice catch
- 00:35:339 (1) - ^ ^
- 01:09:987 (3,1) - ^ ^
- 01:11:043 (1,2,3,4,5,6,7) - i notice u got a few of this patterns. imo the flow is not that smooth. *click*
the sudden upward flow to (4) is kinda unnecessary imo. and its hard to aim the triplets previously (1,2,3) [its my opinion here] I cant think of a way to map it that flows better and I'm not a big fan of linear flow its really hard to hit when playing. Imo it already has a pretty good flow
- 01:28:367 (4) - its touching the hp bar 01:28:367 (4) - Fixed
- 02:06:607 (7,1) - maybe place them close or stack them? the spacing was kinda confusing because u got continous 1/2 gap single tapping previously. when i test it, i thought it was 1/2 too >< I'll consider it if more people point it out
That's all from me, Good Luck Thanks for the mod!
walaowey wrote:hi m4m
thanks alot for your modyour bg was 1 pixel off
- lol those spacing stream so hard to play =3=. hee hee hee
- 01:09:142 (1,2,3,1) - use a different pattern? bcoz its similar to the previous part. maybe try to use a different slider pattern or something. It's similar to help people read the SV change since it's basically the same pattern from before
- 01:17:381 (8,9,10) - this jump was quite big imo. the beat was not even that strong at that point, and its quite constant with 01:16:114 (1,2,3,4) - Fair, I guess you are correct about this, changed somewhat.
- 01:17:804 (1) - this circle should have a bigger spacing instead imo, since its beat is alot strong than 01:17:381 (8,9,10) - Made this somewhat bigger
- 01:19:494 (1) - could use a bigger jump too because (8) -> (1) has strong beat but (7) -> (8) has weaker beat, when u stack (1) on (7), it feels like you're using the same spacing here, which will not emphasize (1) that well imo Eh I think it sounds about the same personally
- 01:21:501 - u miss a beat here. Yeah this was pointed out by someone today as well, good catch
- 01:35:973 (3,4) - ctrl+g for the rhythm here will be better since 01:36:184 - has strong beat. slider tail cant emphasize it that well imo Hmm I'll consider it but that's an odd one out drum beat I'm not so sure about making it emphasizing
- 01:56:149 (2) - i dont hear any sound here maybe remove it? I hear a triple though :L
- 01:56:677 (1,2,3,4) - i dont hear any sound on (2) . u can try to change the rhythm to 1/2 slider+2 circle like this I hear a double double here D:
- 01:04:283 (1,2,3) - this triplets can have bigger spacing imo. maybe u can reduce the spacing for 01:03:755 (2,3,4,5,6) - instead since this part was not that intense. It sounds pretty intencse to me though, since it's a rising stream sound and it's the same as the part before where thats happens :c
- 00:32:276 (1) - its touching the hp bar https://puu.sh/ussXU/01307a401a.jpg Yes, yes it is
- 01:00:480 (5) - ^ MMMMMF
- 01:08:297 (8,9,10) - stack it with 01:07:452 (3) - ? Nah I think this one works okay
That's all from me, Good Luck Thanks for the mod
Log Off Now wrote:m4m from my q
bg is 1365x768 lol, need another pixel
there isn't a single pause for breath in this difficulty apart from spinner recovery here 00:02:592 -, makes this easy feel a bit like playing a normal. would suggest simplifying some rhythms to give emphasis on important notes. e.g 00:55:832 (4) - here would be a good place to just put a circle so the player has a chance to rest a bit You have a point.... I'm the first person to admit I loathe Easies and don't particularly care about them :c but even though the diff is all 1/1 if it's still too dense for newbies then we'll have a looksee
00:00:903 (1) - maaaybe a bit too short spinner? would double check with a bn Am on fence about this too
00:23:719 (1) - any reason why you use a different rhythm for this part when the previous two parts use an identical rhythm? feels inconsistent to me
01:04:283 (1) - ya^ This is for the loud ass trumpets in the background, the held note ones that is. If newbies can't hear them and prefer to hit the same rhythm over and over i'l consider changing but a little variation should be okay imo, and they're consistent between the two parts at least
01:17:804 (3,4,5,1) - this could be potentially misleading, as most noob players just tend to look at what object is closest to them they are more likely to click (1) first before (5), would suggest moving the placements of these around a bit to make it easier to read I'll consider this, if I get more comments about it might change
00:00:903 (1,1) - ok even though this is somewhat low bpm i think this is too short for spinner recovery, would like to see at least half a beat more Okay why not
00:39:565 (2,3,4) - i feel this rhythm would be better if it was ctrl + g'd that way you follow the little vocal hold when he says 'land' and also make the two ending drum beats clickable Good idea, done that
01:19:494 (3,4) - why not make these the same shape as 01:17:804 (1,2) - for visual consistency with 01:11:043 (1,2,3,4) - It ends up looking like a failed symmetry with 01:18:649 (2) - and doesn't look very nice imo :c
00:09:776 (2) - unsure about this kickslider since they're still relatively difficult to understand for hard diffs, would prefer if it was just a circle
00:15:269 (1,2) - here they're not as bad as they are used on a significant drum fill, where as before it was used to accent a small snare flick which isn't nearly as important to emphasise imo Fair enough, I can agree it's a needless overcomplexification
00:18:438 (6,1) - move these a tiny bit lower for a perfect linear line Damn stacking
00:26:043 (3) - i think this white tick should be clickable since its such a strong note in the guitar (i also dont really know what this repeat slider is meant to represent in the music, i can't hear anything on the blue tick)
00:26:466 (4) - ya^ They're mapped to the guitar which does a scratchy thing here, and they're not straight triples because that makes the part too dens for finger control in a Hard imo.
00:30:480 (1,4) - same slider shape for visual consistency?
00:37:241 (1,4) - ya^ Changed this one but not the first one as I don't want straight sliders leading into 1/4 notes :<
01:02:381 (8,1) - this is a huge ds change compared to the previous time you used this patterning 00:59:001 (8,1) - , you also never had a big ds change in the previous section used this pattern, so it's a really odd thing to do here, would prefer it if you just followed your stack patterning for this Mmm yes good point about this too, changed
01:38:719 (3) - any reason why you didnt follow the same pattern that you did here to follow the trumpets 01:25:198 (3,4,5) - , it feels like a strange swap on emphasis especially because you have a triple 01:39:142 (4,5,6) - here instead which contradicts the previous kiai and the rest of this kiai
02:01:748 (8) - maybe a bit more spacing here to match the similar build up feeling you had before? I don't hear a trumpet there so I didn't map a trumpet triple, the other triple after it is for the drum triple which occurs there, I know I've been using repeat sliders for those and straight triples for trumpets, but in the kiai I wanted to make it more intense so
gl! Thanks for the useful and in depth mod! wish mine had been half as good.
Sorry if this sounds rude to you
I don't think you can make a good beatmap to this kind of "song". The player has to remember the whole song, because there is no general beat. It's very confusing. on the "normal" diff it was fine, but on "insane" it was really hard, because I never heard the song before, and there was no beat to follow.
Therefore, I suggest you forfeit instead you try again with another song, that has a beat the player can follow and play to