forum

ZUN - Night Sakura Of Dead Spirits

posted
Total Posts
show more
Rikers

Dagonpater wrote:

[Taikers Oni]

In general, there are too much "void" in this diff, you're following the melody too much. You have to do what could be "overmapping" in Osu standard, just follow the drums, the rhythm, when there is no melody. Fill the void as much as possible.
Also, you must not put spinners right after 1/4's (same goes for sliders, just so you know) in Taiko, if I remember well. Confirmation required.

Otherwise, not bad.
Okay I'll be fixing this thing up after I get home from work.
Definitely filled some of the empty spots and removed the spinners so far.

Edit: Wow so many guest diffs lol
Um wasnt there a new rule that stated that most of the diffs have to be yours?
Topic Starter
Elly-chan

Rikers wrote:

Edit: Wow so many guest diffs lol
Um wasnt there a new rule that stated that most of the diffs have to be yours?
1, *points to other maps*Theres a new rule? and if there is, it looks like other mappers don't care for it either.
2, it's too late now lolol. I am definitely not going to make another diff. If BATs bitch I'll just let this graveyard and never let this be seen again<3

EDIT: What sakura said, I never read that new rule so idk xD
Sakura
Each mapper has 1 diff, Elly-chan has 2 diffs, fits perfectly within said rule/guideline
Rikers
Well...anyway, my diff's fixed
c:

I guess om nom nom

Also, I was thinking of changing the name of my diff to something else. Hmm..

That is all.

Download: ZUN - Night Sakura Of Dead Spirits (Elly-chan) [Taikers Oni].osu
Topic Starter
Elly-chan
Updated. C'mon, modders!! I want this to be ranked some day. So I need YOUR mods. ;D
narakucrimson
Ok, let's take a look at this.

[General]
  1. Discussed about the background on [Easy] via irc. Changed to that new one~ Also, corrected the misspelling on Saigyouji on the tags.
  2. About the difficulties' name: Having Easy, Normal and Hard, but then two difficulties with random names seems, well... random. And pointless. Perhaps you could try:
    1. Changing the name of "Secluded Child" to [Insane]
    2. Changing the name of "Eternal Wandering" to [Kite's Extreme]
    3. Also [Rikers' Taiko Oni] would work fine for the Taiko, I guess :P
    It's better that way.
  3. There are like 25 unmapped seconds in every difficulty. Consider either cutting the mp3, or mapping til the end?
  4. Everything else looks tidy :3
[Easy]
  1. 00:07:462 (4) - Why is this so close to (3)? Try respecting the distance snap, this should be placed further from (3). Not a big deal though, it plays nicely anyway.
  2. 00:44:385 (5) - (Nazi) move this one grid down so it's aligned with (3) and (4) :P
  3. 01:30:099 (6) - Use a finish instead of a clap, it sounds better.
[LRJ's Normal]
  1. Just fine~
[Pereira's Hard]
  1. Your combo colours are too similar. Consider making them more distinguishable :)
  2. 00:05:973 (3,5) - I don't think the claps at these are needed. Care to remove them?
  3. Nothing apart from that. It plays quiet nicely.
[Secluded Child]
  1. 00:18:037 (2,3,4,5,6) - Could you please move this like 2 grids up? that way, it will be easier to understand the pattern.
  2. 00:59:283 (4) - Nice!
[Eternal Wandering]
  1. Everything looks fine~
And nothing to say about the Taiko. Everything looks functional n.n
Topic Starter
Elly-chan

narakucrimson wrote:

Ok, let's take a look at this.

[General]
  1. Discussed about the background on [Easy] via irc. Changed to that new one~ Also, corrected the misspelling on Saigyouji on the tags. Yup, I fixed them before you posted the mod~
  2. About the difficulties' name: Having Easy, Normal and Hard, but then two difficulties with random names seems, well... random. And pointless. Perhaps you could try:
    1. Changing the name of "Secluded Child" to [Insane]
    2. Changing the name of "Eternal Wandering" to [Kite's Extreme]
    3. Also [Rikers' Taiko Oni] would work fine for the Taiko, I guess :P
    I Let The Guest Diff's mappers choose the difficulty's names, that's what they chose. I chose mine according to Kite's, and Secluded child and eternal wandering go with Yuyuko. ;P Mine is actually on her wiki page. xD Sakura didn't have a problem, but if another MAT/BAT does i'll fix mine at the least.
    It's better that way.
  3. There are like 25 unmapped seconds in every difficulty. Consider either cutting the mp3, or mapping til the end? Sakura made it like this on purpose. xD 25 seconds is truely not a big deal. XD But yet again, if MAT/BAT complains I'll get someone to cut it for me..
  4. Everything else looks tidy :3
Except for an extra taiko BG in the folder ;O *fixed*

[Easy]
  1. 00:07:462 (4) - Why is this so close to (3)? Try respecting the distance snap, this should be placed further from (3). Not a big deal though, it plays nicely anyway. Yay for defying distance snap for once!! This is prolly the only map I used anti-jumps on except for Secluded child XD
  2. 00:44:385 (5) - (Nazi) move this one grid down so it's aligned with (3) and (4) :P http://puu.sh/3Olj ; that's all I have to say on this subject.~
  3. 01:30:099 (6) - Use a finish instead of a clap, it sounds better. Did whistle instead of clap.

[Secluded Child]
  1. 00:18:037 (2,3,4,5,6) - Could you please move this like 2 grids up? that way, it will be easier to understand the pattern. Done
  2. 00:59:283 (4) - Nice! Thankies !!
Pereira006
narakucrimson
Now, one thing I have to scold you about is that "if a MAT/BAT complains, I'll change it".

The fact that a modder isn't a MAT doesn't mean that you don't do what they suggest, neither MATs nor BATs are magical dudes who see through everything. So for the future, keep that in mind: always evaluate a suggestion, and try it or imagine how things would be applying it, even if it doesn't come from a MAT/BAT.

Now get this ranked~

Oh and about that alignment I mentioned, it seems it was magically moved up xD If not I wouldn't have said anything
Topic Starter
Elly-chan

narakucrimson wrote:

The fact that a modder isn't a MAT doesn't mean that you don't do what they suggest, neither MATs nor BATs are magical dudes who see through everything. So for the future, keep that in mind: always evaluate a suggestion, and try it or imagine how things would be applying it, even if it doesn't come from a MAT/BAT.
Your right, but I only say that when I don't want to change it and I would only if they say it's essential. XP Cause I don't want this to not get ranked lol. I hope you understand that xD So it's basically just like me saying no..~

Mini Edit: Talked about this subject on IRC with Naraku, I will now be sure not to just let MATs and BATs complain about things if they do without defending my position as this mapper if it's about something i strongly don't wanna change x3.
Sakura
What narakucrimsom said is true, im not a goddess who catches everything, nor law who everything i say must be done, just because i'm a MAT doesnt mean that i'll catch absolutely everything although i try to, but in the end im a human, and human error may happen.

[Taikers Oni]
01:32:548 - What the... why does volume suddenly go 50%? if anything 70 or 80% but 50% is too low imo.

[Secluded Child]
01:15:201 (5,6) - Spacing error.

[LRJ's Normal]
01:00:915 (2,3,4) - Spacing error.

Fix and i'll bubble
Rikers

narakucrimson wrote:

[Rikers' Taiko Oni] would work fine for the Taiko, I guess :P
It's better that way.
I want my taiko diffs to have sort of uniqueness in their names not some generic ones = w=
Taiko+Rikers=Taikers Oni

nomnomnom

Sakura Hana wrote:

[Taikers Oni]
01:32:548 - What the... why does volume suddenly go 50%? if anything 70 or 80% but 50% is too low imo.
-facepalms-
Just change it 70 I guess

whatever

Edit: Also, this.

Elly-chan wrote:

Your right
-looks to the right-

I....don't see anything to my right
Topic Starter
Elly-chan

Sakura Hana wrote:

[Taikers Oni]
01:32:548 - What the... why does volume suddenly go 50%? if anything 70 or 80% but 50% is too low imo. Fixed

[Secluded Child]
01:15:201 (5,6) - Spacing error. Fixed

[LRJ's Normal]
01:00:915 (2,3,4) - Spacing error. Not fixed.. _LRJ_ didn't wanna.

Fix and i'll bubble
-
l\     ☢ ☢     l\
 〉:::lヽ、  ァ‐-、,o,_ ,.ィ  /l::〉
 /:::| ノヽ,r〉;'´::::::::`ヽ}イ |::/
 く:::':、 〈 Y!ノメ人ス):〉ノ l::フ
  i`ヽ;〉  ノルリ ゚ ヮ゚ノリ   /イ     うにゅ?
  '、゚ 。`'ーイ:〈つi(( !)}]つ,ノ。/
   \。゚ 〈/ン'^~フヽ、゚/
   ` く/'ト,ラ^i_ラ'´ ´
Equivalent_old
Just a few thought:

YUYUUUUUBG.png is 1.6mb, change it to jpg so the file size will be reduced and full submit after that
Yuyuko~.jpg look stretched, making it look ugly, maybe you can fix this a little?

Your mp3 is way too long than the map. I've cut the mp3 shorter, click this link
Sakura

Equivalent wrote:

Your mp3 is way too long than the map. I've cut the mp3 shorter, click this link
I talked it with Gonzvlo since i was asking him to cut the mp3, the change it's not so big, since the problem is that Taiko maps a part of the second loop, hence leaving only 20 seconds out, and the change in filesize without a fade out would only reduce like 0,4 mb so it's not worth it.
Topic Starter
Elly-chan
Done. I hope this gets ranked soon..~ ;~; gogogo forever Night Sakura~
Sakura
Wah? so it was intentional? spacing like this?

Look at the grid and the timeline

And the spacing info:

Also:
[Secluded Child] 01:15:201 (5,6) - Spacing is still longer than: 01:14:181 (1,2,3,4), is this intentional?
Topic Starter
Elly-chan

Sakura Hana wrote:

Also:
[Secluded Child] 01:15:201 (5,6) - Spacing is still longer than: 01:14:181 (1,2,3,4), is this intentional? Fixed, forgot to set it on 0.8
Ekoro
I was sure it's correctly spaced ._. Fixed , thanks you very much ~

Download: ZUN - Night Sakura Of Dead Spirits (Elly-chan) [LRJ's Normal].osu
Sakura
Great! congratulations on your first Bubble Elly-chan!
Rikers
Woo bubbled :3
And in only a few months too x3!

inb4rankedtakesthreeyears
I mean what
Topic Starter
Elly-chan

Rikers wrote:

Woo bubbled :3
And in only a few months too x3!

inb4rankedtakesthreeyears
I mean what
Yayaya long live Night Sakura of Dead Spirits!

iknowrights
;~;
Pereira006

P.S - I wanna marry Yuyuko ;_;
Muya
ZUN :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :)
Copter-kun

Muya wrote:

ZUN :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :)
Wow that's a lot of faces.
But seriously, congratulations on your bubble :)
James2250
-From what I have seen the title should be "Night Sakura of Dead Spirits" not "Night Sakura Of Dead Spirits". Follow this thread so you don't make any mistakes when full submitting.
-Your offset seems kind of early while playing at the moment, I would say try +8 on all of them (don't forget to resnap all notes/timing sections)

Pereira's Hard:
00:10:228 (7,1) - space these out more

Secluded Child:
00:14:181 (9,1) - space these out more

Everything else looks good~
I would try and get someone to rebubble first as I wont be able to rank after a timing change but up to you
Pereira006
Topic Starter
Elly-chan
Long Live Night Sakura of Dead Spirits.

And I now pronounce Pereira and Yuyuko Husband and Wife.
Esupanitix
The map is great, there's a lot of work in it, and I feel I should just give this map its likely final star to get a few more moderators on it. This deserves a star. Elly's a close friend, and she deserves to at least be known for Saigyouzi Yuyuko's theme.

EDIT: Some people spell Yuyuko's surname as "Saigyouzi". Please put that in the tags so that it gets noticed for both search queries.
Shiirn
Oh no you don't.
Sakura
Alright then, all timing issues have been resolved since all 3 red lines have a different movement (i think it was -4 -2 -6 from James suggestion?), removed an extra red line on taiko, fixed the spacing James mentioned and snapped some green lines.

Time for Rebubble~

Expect a James check shortly
Shiirn

Sakura Hana wrote:

Alright then, all timing issues have been resolved since all 3 red lines have a different movement (i think it was -4 -2 -6 from James suggestion?), removed an extra red line on taiko, fixed the spacing James mentioned and snapped some green lines.

Time for Rebubble~

Expect a James check shortly
-4 -7 -6
James2250
Looks like everything has been fixed nicely, with help from everyone in #modhelp on timing :P

All sounds ok to me so
Ranked~

Congrats on first ranked map :D
Shiirn
grats~
Crimmi
Congrats Elly <3 ^.^/
kurohana
congratz ^^
ElNiCoDarknesS
very nice beatmap ^.^
Sakura