forum

Do you think DT gives too much PP?

posted
Total Posts

What do you think about my top plays?

DT farming <1 minute songs is sad lol
22.50%
DT only takes skill on songs that arent like 100 bpm..
4.38%
DT is kind of overweighted at times but not nearly as much as people make it seem
38.75%
DT is weighted fairly and the only people that complain about it are the ones that can't play it themselves.
11.25%
Who cares lol
23.12%
Total votes: 160
Topic Starter
damn shes 15
IMO, DT is easy in terms of aiming and consistency (easier patterns and shorter songs). However they are not easy to acc because of the OD buff and high BPMs. Higher AR makes reading tough for some players too.
However, I nitpicked relatively low bpm songs that are mostly <1 minute long and got a good amount of PP from them lol. My top plays feel very overweighted, but friends around my rank can't snipe my scores for PP themselves so... maybe it's not that overrated? I don't know. What do you guys think about my top scores? :?:
Bara-
But DT makes maps significantly harder.
I feel it's fine, though some of the pp maps are rather bad (like Daidai Genome DT, that is such a ridiculous amount of pp, without it being hard (though I'm 1xmiss cursed there))
I might be lowered a tiny bit, to also leave room for other cool plays
Topic Starter
damn shes 15
It's funny, I have tried daidai a few times but never FC'd it because of it's length. I just can't hold a combo under the pressure of keeping an FC for that long :(
Endaris
The maps that are overweighted with DT are overweighted with HR as well because they're easy to get high accuracy on due to being simplistic.
OD-farm is literally the only reason why DT can be considered giving "too much pp"

Also Bara, whaaat, Daidai isn't a bad map on its own. :(
KupcaH

damn shes 15 wrote:

It's funny, I have tried daidai a few times but never FC'd it because of it's length. I just can't hold a combo under the pressure of keeping an FC for that long :(
Daidai is long? Whoa.
Topic Starter
damn shes 15
Its long compared to most of my top scores lol
Yuudachi-kun
I would challenge you to fc the 92% DT fcs I have in my top 10 that only have 5 or so actual DT fcs in the world and tell me they give too much pp.

Hell, I've seen lots of 6.5* DT fcs that didn't hardly give me but 2 pp at the most.
B1rd
'yes'
chainpullz
No. One could conceivably make nomod maps with the same difficulty settings and mapping styles and there would be 0 difference. Guess what? There plenty such nomod maps up until ~400pp+ and plenty of maps to play with HR past that point. There's nothing magical about DT. You just aren't playing the right other maps if you think DT is easier.
StephOsu
there's always DT farmer like you, HR farmers, HD farmers and nomod farmers in this game
and then there's OD/acc farmer like and SS farmer like minhtam and baru
when there's something to farm, there's always farmer that wants to farm.
when there's nothing to farm, farmers would make something to farm.
that's human's greed, and no one can break the cycle
ALL MODS (OTHER THAN HD) AND TRIANGLES IS OVERWEIGHTED, AND YES, THAT INCLUDES EZ AND HT
welcome to osu
-Makishima S-
on maps with OD7 it's a joke

OD8 + DT is already hard

OD9 + DT is insane

Ar10.3 is hard

DT takes skill but farming less than 1 min fycho maps is just sad.

Ban fycho /jk

@Edit: If someone say DT takes no skill - you are welcome to show your l33t skillz in od10.3
winber1

damn shes 15 wrote:

Its long compared to most of my top scores lol
lol farming scrub :^)
taroxd
It takes much more efforts to achieve high accuracy with DT enabled. I want to be a DT farmer but it is too difficult to keep consistent high accuracy.
Fxjlk
PP farming is for nerds
I Give Up
Yes DT is farming so you are all welcome to snipe my top play :^)
Lagel
boop beep
Ideal
it was fine until maps started having only one section that is actually hard compared to the rest and which makes the map give a TON of pp
technically it's not the mod's fault, rather the map's.
cheaptricks
IMO, low bpm, simple pattern, mostly jumps maps are generally overweighted. High bpm generally isn't. DT maps can have the OD, spacing and BPM to give a lot of pp, but it may seem overweighted because of how simple the patterns are on many maps. Especially nowadays we have maps that have 4.5 star mapping style with 6 star spacing.

Also, AR 10.3+ is pretty hard
Kunino Sagiri
weighted fairly, it's ok.
dung eater
no

pp system just can't tell the difference between simple and complicated maps.

this is the same thing as people talking about pp maps. just add dt to those pp maps. it's not the dt doing it, the map was already overweighted.
show more