forum

what difficulty should I be playing?

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
stanley09
So I am currently rank 50,000 approx and was wondering if I need to start moving into 5 star maps now or wait for a while. Also for my time played how am I doing ???
winber1
how many layers of irony are you on
7ambda
9*
deckialord
it depends on your rank and the mode you're on. 8-)
Sandy Hoey
I say you should be somewhere in the 4-5 star range right now. You have to remember that certain maps can be hard or easy even if that isn't shown in the star ranking. Just keep playing at a level where you are enjoying yourself. Maybe give yourself a challenge from time to time
I Give Up
I didn't start playing 5 stars till I was 4 digit. Well I guess times have changed.
-Strawberry-
FYI: You have 83 plays on Freedom Dive [Four Dimensions]
Caput Mortuum

KukiMonster wrote:

I didn't start playing 5 stars till I was 4 digit. Well I guess times have changed.
i tried to play caramel heaven
7ambda

KukiMonster wrote:

People start moving into 5* at low 2k pp now-a-days (or earlier if you're a constant masher).
N0thingSpecial
4.6-4.9ish
Topic Starter
stanley09

-Strawberry- wrote:

FYI: You have 83 plays on Freedom Dive [Four Dimensions]
stream practise is fun
Topic Starter
stanley09

winber1 wrote:

????? what do you mean??
kurodahatsuharu

F1r3tar wrote:

KukiMonster wrote:

People start moving into 5* at low 2k pp now-a-days (or earlier if you're a constant masher).
more PP to get
AsyouSaidsir

KukiMonster wrote:

Tbh that feels low, pretty sure I could FC a few 5.25*ish (maybe higher) songs before hitting 4 digits. And no, I'm not talking about 93% acc FCs, I'm talking 97-98%. I guess it's different for each person.

As for OP, play whatever you feel you enjoy the most as long as it's actually something you can play. Probably >4*, <5* maps.

stanley09 wrote:

stream practise is fun
+7* maps are not practice maps.
damn shes 15
When I was that rank I started messing with DT and a little HR. But everyone's different, a lot of my friends have no idea why I play DT or HR and feel that it's too fast/ way harder than nomod. I personally find DT overrated (in some cases, like all my top plays lol) and HR kind of helps me with jumps for some reason. Maybe because I play HD only? I have no idea. But everyone is different. I always try recommending my friends my top plays and they think I'm nuts. If you're willing to try DT, I started spamming DT at around 45k so you can look through my top plays and try them out. Most of them are less than a minute long.
Starrodkirby86

stanley09 wrote:

winber1 wrote:

????? what do you mean??
You probably can get a better picture if you look at a lot of past threads in G&R, where there's a question of how to improve when the OP is at a relatively early state of mastering the game, yet is trying to play maps that are way harder than their skillset can actually master.

While you can play whatever you feel like to have fun, I do think it's helpful that you try and master your fundamentals and clear things with not only a full combo, but with as high of an accuracy as you can. That should solidify your foundations and also help you in higher difficulties, when those sorts of maps demand more and more of those earlier skills that you would need to improve.
Topic Starter
stanley09

stanley09 wrote:

stream practise is fun
+7* maps are not practice maps.[/quote]

on half time they are
AsyouSaidsir

stanley09 wrote:

on half time they are
Not really, there is a difference between the streams of a 7* map and (let's say) a 5* map.
High star maps have a different kind of streams than low star maps, they have longer streams, high spaced streams, and some even include jumps mid-stream.
Even with low BPM (HT), I wouldn't call this practice, you can't even pass it.
winber1

stanley09 wrote:

winber1 wrote:

????? what do you mean??
you are like a baby

watch this
StephOsu

KukiMonster wrote:

yeah the time have changed
I am forced to FC 5* maps just to stay on the curve ranking sometimes
Buster
you should play 1-3* with HDHRDT so you will be popular
bananaman449

stanley09 wrote:

So I am currently rank 50,000 approx and was wondering if I need to start moving into 5 star maps now or wait for a while. Also for my time played how am I doing ???
im rank 2700000 and i do 4 stars
[RUE]Bambinex

bananaman449 wrote:

stanley09 wrote:

im rank 2700000 and i do 4 stars
This post was made 5 years ago. Rankings have changed quite a lot since then, I just guess it was normal at the time for 5 digits to play only 4*, just like it's normal for 6 digits now to FC 5* maps. This post is just so old that I don't even see the point of necroing it. Unless you have something really interesting to say, which wasn't the case here, just create a new thread.
Also, considering your profile, your rank range and when you started, you aren't playing 4* maps, more like 2* maps with a bad accuracy. Don't go play 4* if you can't even play 2* ones correctly, and you don't even have an FC.