forum

[duplicate] Save Local Scores online and back up to your client

posted
Total Posts
This is a feature request. Feature requests can be voted up by supporters.
Current Priority: +0
Topic Starter
Adder
Your Local Scores vanish when reinstalling Windows/osu, someone playing with a portable flash drive has theirLocal Ranking empty. Why not add the ability to save eeveryone's Local Scores online and they can back them up to thier client automatically when logging in or via a button?
Full Tablet
My local scores are backed up using dropbox (move the scores.db file to the dropbox sync folder, and then create a symbolic link from the sync folder to the osu! folder).

This could also be done with the entire game folder with another cloud service if it has enough space.
Rilene
Would be nice to have.

And Full Tablet, all local scores are saved in scores.db?
Full Tablet

Rilene wrote:

Would be nice to have.

And Full Tablet, all local scores are saved in scores.db?
Local scores are saved in scores.db, their replays are saved in the files inside Data/r/ in the game folder.
Endaris
Yeah, backing up replays wouldn't be feasible as they can easily take up multiple GB in zipped format for seasoned players.
Scores.db is 2MB in size for me so that would actually not be impossible but might still cause weird delays on startup/closing for the likes of shaneoyo who probably have that file being 30MB big. Considering that I don't think this idea has a future as the toll on servers and the userconnection cannot be underestimated even for just the scores.db
Bara-
Can't you copy over the data/r folder?
Endaris
Sure you can but the request asks to save them online as in on the osu!-platform which is not feasible due to the huge amount of data involved.
Anyone can already do it with both the scores.db and the data/r folder as Full Tablet described - independent from osu!.
abraker

Hey peppy, you have a spare 1 Pb of server space, right? /s
PieInOblivion

abraker wrote:

Hey peppy, you have a spare 1 Pb of server space, right? /s

Lucky, yours is only 1GB
Pawsu
Sounds a lot like what osu! cloud is asking?