1. osu! forums
  2. Beatmaps
  3. Beatmap Graveyard

show more
posted
Tags aren't still changed, even if you hate their mapping styles doesn't mean you need to insult them in the tags
posted
why are those still in tags? we respect every appropriate opinion on maps, but you definitely use the trolling way to express your view against current mapping.

Remove all the inappropriate infos that are not related to the song or map and let it graveyard, we won't repeat it again. I am sure that you know the consequences.
posted
All I get from these pp complaints are pretty much "I can't really tell why x mapper mapped it this way because my mother dropped me when i was 3, but it gives pp so I'm just going to complain about them like the rest of these brainless and ignorant fools in this game :D"

If this is an attempt to be funny then you failed miserably, good sir. Just like my absolute soul

I have to agree with you on comparing Transform with his other maps however.. That is a shame, but there's absolutely nothing we can do about it. What I disagree with is your way of expressing your displeasure.
posted

Bearizm wrote:

All I get from these pp complaints are pretty much "I can't really tell why x mapper mapped it this way because my mother dropped me when i was 3, but it gives pp so I'm just going to complain about them like the rest of these brainless and ignorant fools in this game :D"

If this is an attempt to be funny then you failed miserably, good sir. Just like my absolute soul
if you break the ranking criteria, your maps do not deserve to be ranked.
if you're going to make a jump on every single beat, your map belongs in the graveyard.
i can tell why mappers mapped it that way, but i can't tell why it would be ranked. is it because we have ran out of quality maps to rank, so shitty maps get ranked instead?
maps like these were uncommon in 2014. in 2015, they became common. in 2016, they became even more common. i do not see how this can be a coincidence that some mappers just like to use jumps, and are not considering pp as a factor when mapping.

monstrata proved he can map quality, but chooses not to. this is why i am against his maps.
i do not see any reason that the "largest possible jump in the game" should be utilized. this is especially true when you're going to break your jump pattern just because you wanted to include it.
http://puu.sh/s9aqB/632110f93f.jpg
one would think this is a tornado pattern, but no. combo number 1-7 are all slightly rotating clockwise, but then 8 breaks the pattern. you would expect 8 to be near the x axis, but instead it is at the corner of the playfield. then 9 is inserted so that the "largest jump in the game" is achieved. it's a giant "piss off" to the flow of the jumps, which are already overmapped.
posted

Fycho wrote:

why are those still in tags? we respect every appropriate opinion on maps, but you definitely use the trolling way to express your view against current mapping.

Remove all the inappropriate infos that are not related to the song or map and let it graveyard, we won't repeat it again. I am sure that you know the consequences.
removed all tags
posted
If you want the meta to change, do your part to change it, rather than waste your time shitposting on forums and putting out garbage like this.
posted

dinopwn wrote:

Bearizm wrote:

All I get from these pp complaints are pretty much "I can't really tell why x mapper mapped it this way because my mother dropped me when i was 3, but it gives pp so I'm just going to complain about them like the rest of these brainless and ignorant fools in this game :D"

If this is an attempt to be funny then you failed miserably, good sir. Just like my absolute soul
if you break the ranking criteria, your maps do not deserve to be ranked.
if you're going to make a jump on every single beat, your map belongs in the graveyard.
i can tell why mappers mapped it that way, but i can't tell why it would be ranked. is it because we have ran out of quality maps to rank, so shitty maps get ranked instead?
maps like these were uncommon in 2014. in 2015, they became common. in 2016, they became even more common. i do not see how this can be a coincidence that some mappers just like to use jumps, and are not considering pp as a factor when mapping.

monstrata proved he can map quality, but chooses not to. this is why i am against his maps.
i do not see any reason that the "largest possible jump in the game" should be utilized. this is especially true when you're going to break your jump pattern just because you wanted to include it.
http://puu.sh/s9aqB/632110f93f.jpg
one would think this is a tornado pattern, but no. combo number 1-7 are all slightly rotating clockwise, but then 8 breaks the pattern. you would expect 8 to be near the x axis, but instead it is at the corner of the playfield. then 9 is inserted so that the "largest jump in the game" is achieved. it's a giant "piss off" to the flow of the jumps, which are already overmapped.
I think you missed the part where i agree with you about monstrata. He can do better but decides not to. My bad I guess since I edited the post like, 4 times.

Anyways, I understand your frustration but this isn't the right way to express them. This is nothing but a showcase of immaturity. Also, if you want to talk about quality, prove to everybody that you CAN create maps with top quality, then you can moan all you want about it because right now, nobody will ever take you seriously.. Especially with the picture below.
posted

Bearizm wrote:

Anyways, I understand your frustration but this isn't the right way to express them. This is nothing but a showcase of immaturity. Also, if you want to talk about quality, prove to everybody that you CAN create maps with top quality, then you can moan all you want about it because right now, nobody will ever take you seriously.. Especially with the picture below.
quality is meant to be from the players perspective, in the context of ranked maps.
ranked maps are targeted towards the player, so it is up to them to judge.

you do not have to be an artist to know if a work of art is quality or not. you only need to appreciate art
you do not have to be a poet to judge if a poem is quality of not. you only need to apprecaite poetry
mapping is the same.
posted

dinopwn wrote:

quality is meant to be from the players perspective, in the context of ranked maps.
ranked maps are targeted towards the player, so it is up to them to judge.

you do not have to be an artist to know if a work of art is quality or not. you only need to appreciate art
you do not have to be a poet to judge if a poem is quality of not. you only need to apprecaite poetry
mapping is the same.
LOL! Please don't compare mapping with art. It's not art and it will never be recognized as such. It is simply DISGUSTING to call mapping an art, it brings shame to the word art. The only thing that can be considered as art is its audio/video/storyboard/background. Absolutely fucking disgusting. Although, I am just probably in denial.

No, quality is NOT meant to be exclusively from the player's perspective... That is false. I'm pretty sure non-mapper-player's criticism or opinions that aren't constructive are neglected by mappers that knows what they're doing as their opinions will most likely be subjective quality instead of objective.

my last post. I don't want to taint my numbers of post quitting this shit game lol.
posted
care to explain why mapping isn't art?

mapping requires creativity
mapping is meant to be appreciated for its style

mapping is as much of an art as game design is. you are designing a level for the player to play.

mappers put in hours of time to make a map aesthetically pleasing while keeping playability in mind.


everybody's opinions are subjective. that's why it's called an opinion. if modding was objective, then we would see all maps be of the same style. however, there is no "perfect" way to make a map.
in the early days of osu, mappers and players were one. now, they have mostly been divided. and yes, mapper opinions are probably more helpful to a map than player opinions. however, if you're going for rank your target audience is the player, not the mapper.

bye
posted
mappers r playrs too xd
posted

Bzer wrote:

mappers r playrs too xd
posted
most players aren't mappers, while some mappers are players
posted
only mapper that isnt a player is inverness
posted
if that is the argument, anyone who has ever submitted a map could be considered a mapper

to an extent inverness is still a player, they have 3 plays. however, that doesn't mean that they are an active player. it's the same thing with mapping. i can shitmap for fun once in a while, but that doesn't make me an active mapper.
posted
its just a meme guys
posted
You guys may stop the meaningless discussion. It ends up nowhere.
This map will postpone to be graveyard if the creator keeps posting in the thread.

Locked for now, if you are going to make a normal map on the song, treat it normally and want to get this ranked, call me to unlock.
posted
This modding thread has been migrated to the new "modding discussions" system. Please make sure to re-post any existing (and unresolved) efforts to the new system as required.
Please sign in to reply.