forum

Foals - Spanish Sahara

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Kazuha91
This beatmap was submitted using in-game submission on venerdì 30 agosto 2019 at 01:21:19

Artist: Foals
Title: Spanish Sahara
Source: Life is Strange
BPM: 60
Filesize: 6637kb
Play Time: 06:23
Difficulties Available:
  1. Always Remember This Moment (4,37 stars, 1054 notes)
Download: Foals - Spanish Sahara
Information: Scores/Beatmap Listing
---------------
don't listen to BD, it's Bae > Bay
:')
-Atri-
#modhelp
00:55 Kazuha91: anyone for a test play?
00:56 Kazuha91: anyone for a test play?
00:56 KuranteMelodii: np
00:56 *Kazuha91 is listening to [https://osu.ppy.sh/b/1106681 Foals - Spanish Sahara]
00:57 KuranteMelodii: dling
00:57 *KuranteMelodii is playing [https://osu.ppy.sh/b/1106681 Foals - Spanish Sahara [And Max Caulfield, don't you forget about me]]
01:04 KuranteMelodii: Welp
01:04 KuranteMelodii: Those 1/4 jumps is kinda wird imo
01:04 KuranteMelodii: Holy shiet that's so many red lines
01:04 Kazuha91: which ones
01:05 Kazuha91: eheh
01:05 BrosephStalin: inb4 rozen
01:05 KuranteMelodii: Well
01:05 KuranteMelodii: When i was playing it it's kinda weird to read 1/2 and 1/4
01:05 KuranteMelodii: I'll point you out that part
01:06 Kazuha91: ok
01:06 KuranteMelodii: 04:28:856 -
01:06 KuranteMelodii: The distance of 04:28:856 (4,5) - and 04:29:523 (1,2) - is the same
01:07 KuranteMelodii: But one of them is 1/4, and the other is 1/2
01:07 Kazuha91: uhm well yea i wanted to increase the diff in that part
01:08 Kazuha91: couldn't make the 1/2 distance double
01:08 Kazuha91: or the 1/4s half, too easy
01:08 Kazuha91: and this way it's visually nice looking
01:08 Kazuha91: i guess
01:08 KuranteMelodii: At least make those 1/2 distance is shorter than 1/4
01:09 KuranteMelodii: I almost choked it when i was playing
01:09 Kazuha91: uhm alright
01:09 KuranteMelodii: 04:09:524 (1) - plz
01:10 KuranteMelodii: lol
01:10 Kazuha91: xD
01:10 KuranteMelodii: At least make the loop is more visible
01:11 KuranteMelodii: For example:
01:11 KuranteMelodii: https://osu.ppy.sh/ss/6457896
01:11 KuranteMelodii: Try to make the path less cramped as possible
01:11 Kazuha91: yeah i need to change that
01:11 Kazuha91: at least the final part, i like the look tho
01:13 KuranteMelodii: I am fine with the slider though
01:13 KuranteMelodii: But the drum start to rise at 04:09:979 -
01:13 KuranteMelodii: Also, i am going to sleep
01:13 KuranteMelodii: So i'll end here
01:14 Kazuha91: the drum does but
01:14 Kazuha91: i wanted to follow both the yooooooooooooooooooooooouuuuur and the drum so
01:14 Kazuha91: i made a sort of 50 50
01:14 Kazuha91: and ty for the play
01:14 KuranteMelodii: But i think it's much better you going to focus one of them
01:14 KuranteMelodii: It's kinda like it cut off from middle

Oh yeah, also capitalize The first word of the verb and noun in the diff name, "Don't You Forget About Me" is better
Topic Starter
Kazuha91

KuranteMelodii wrote:

#modhelp
00:55 Kazuha91: anyone for a test play?
00:56 Kazuha91: anyone for a test play?
00:56 KuranteMelodii: np
00:56 *Kazuha91 is listening to [https://osu.ppy.sh/b/1106681 Foals - Spanish Sahara]
00:57 KuranteMelodii: dling
00:57 *KuranteMelodii is playing [https://osu.ppy.sh/b/1106681 Foals - Spanish Sahara [And Max Caulfield, don't you forget about me]]
01:04 KuranteMelodii: Welp
01:04 KuranteMelodii: Those 1/4 jumps is kinda wird imo
01:04 KuranteMelodii: Holy shiet that's so many red lines yeah, indeed... but at least it finally sounds fine
01:04 Kazuha91: which ones
01:05 Kazuha91: eheh
01:05 BrosephStalin: inb4 rozen
01:05 KuranteMelodii: Well
01:05 KuranteMelodii: When i was playing it it's kinda weird to read 1/2 and 1/4 as i explained here, i wanted to make the diff of the songi ncrease in this part, and making the 1/4 jums wouldn't help... i feel like that fits but if someone else complains about it i'll change it
01:05 KuranteMelodii: I'll point you out that part
01:06 Kazuha91: ok
01:06 KuranteMelodii: 04:28:856 -
01:06 KuranteMelodii: The distance of 04:28:856 (4,5) - and 04:29:523 (1,2) - is the same
01:07 KuranteMelodii: But one of them is 1/4, and the other is 1/2
01:07 Kazuha91: uhm well yea i wanted to increase the diff in that part
01:08 Kazuha91: couldn't make the 1/2 distance double
01:08 Kazuha91: or the 1/4s half, too easy
01:08 Kazuha91: and this way it's visually nice looking
01:08 Kazuha91: i guess
01:08 KuranteMelodii: At least make those 1/2 distance is shorter than 1/4
01:09 KuranteMelodii: I almost choked it when i was playing
01:09 Kazuha91: uhm alright
01:09 KuranteMelodii: 04:09:524 (1) - plz changed it and made it more readable, but still looks kinda ugly, the fact that i reach the left screen border with its current sliderspeed makes it hard for me to make something cool looking cause im a nab
01:10 KuranteMelodii: lol
01:10 Kazuha91: xD
01:10 KuranteMelodii: At least make the loop is more visible
01:11 KuranteMelodii: For example:
01:11 KuranteMelodii: https://osu.ppy.sh/ss/6457896
01:11 KuranteMelodii: Try to make the path less cramped as possible
01:11 Kazuha91: yeah i need to change that
01:11 Kazuha91: at least the final part, i like the look tho
01:13 KuranteMelodii: I am fine with the slider though
01:13 KuranteMelodii: But the drum start to rise at 04:09:979 -
01:13 KuranteMelodii: Also, i am going to sleep
01:13 KuranteMelodii: So i'll end here
01:14 Kazuha91: the drum does but
01:14 Kazuha91: i wanted to follow both the yooooooooooooooooooooooouuuuur and the drum so same as i said there, i feel like that's where it should stop
01:14 Kazuha91: i made a sort of 50 50
01:14 Kazuha91: and ty for the play
01:14 KuranteMelodii: But i think it's much better you going to focus one of them
01:14 KuranteMelodii: It's kinda like it cut off from middle

Oh yeah, also capitalize The first word of the verb and noun in the diff name, "Don't You Forget About Me" is better
you think so? alright then

thanks again ^^
apple_muncher4
keep working on this pls
Topic Starter
Kazuha91
this is actually finished.
after few months now i'd have better ideas for the map but it would imply starting over, and im too lazy for that right now.
if i get some mods i might see, but till then i won't be doing it anytime soon cause.
either way, thanks for the appreciation; this song has a huge meaning to me and i just wanted it mapped, don't really care if it gets ranked or not
Topic Starter
Kazuha91

Kazuha91 wrote:

this is actually finished.
after few months now i'd have better ideas for the map but it would imply starting over, and im too lazy for that right now.
if i get some mods i might see, but till then i won't be doing it anytime soon cause.
either way, thanks for the appreciation; this song has a huge meaning to me and i just wanted it mapped, don't really care if it gets ranked or not
SIKE
finished the new diff
Alyseka
Chill map, Chill mod :p

General

I am by no means a timing expert, but is the timing correct? Sometimes it feels off when it changes a timing segment, like 01:50:025 (1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8) - it feels like it doesn't line up. I would double check with someone who knows timing just in case.

#Diff Name

01:15:753 (4) - Do you not think this should follow the previous 3 sliders? I assume this is following the vocals, but it would emphasize the next slider if it followed the beat

01:26:892 (1,2) - Maybe remove these and add another long slider like 01:24:922 (1) - I think this would fit better than changing what rhythm you're following

01:54:340 (3,4,5,6,7) - Why does it suddenly go into a linear flow pattern? The previous ones were spaced and this looks out of place. I would keep these small jump sections consistent

03:03:438 (2,3,4,1,2,3,4) - Does this line up with the melody? It feels slightly off to me, maybe this is a timing issue.

03:15:839 (7,8) - These patterns are actually really cool, i think it fits really well :D

05:41:769 (3,4,5,1) - I'm not sure on these patterns tbh, i would have an experiment on different patterns you could use and see if any others fit better. The current pattern COULD fit, but it feels weird is all.

This is actually a pretty good map, i thought i would find more stuff.

Best of luck dood
Topic Starter
Kazuha91

Strykerto wrote:

Chill map, Chill mod :p it's chill till a certain point tho hehe

General

I am by no means a timing expert, but is the timing correct? Sometimes it feels off when it changes a timing segment, like 01:50:025 (1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8) - it feels like it doesn't line up. I would double check with someone who knows timing just in case.

I stuggled too much with that already... I would go through it again just to make it the way it should be made, but it's working pretty fine somehow so, I'll leave it as it is for now... it's the most frustrating song to time, really

#Diff Name it's awesome xd

01:15:753 (4) - Do you not think this should follow the previous 3 sliders? I assume this is following the vocals, but it would emphasize the next slider if it followed the beat mhh I don't think that's a huge deal tbh, but if you insist i could make change it... tho, i like how it keeps going and empasizing that whole vocal part

01:26:892 (1,2) - Maybe remove these and add another long slider like 01:24:922 (1) - I think this would fit better than changing what rhythm you're following mhh yea, you're right

01:54:340 (3,4,5,6,7) - Why does it suddenly go into a linear flow pattern? The previous ones were spaced and this looks out of place. I would keep these small jump sections consistent idk, i like switching to these like I did there, but I'll change it

03:03:438 (2,3,4,1,2,3,4) - Does this line up with the melody? It feels slightly off to me, maybe this is a timing issue. nu, it does it does; it's the weird background sound that gets stronger in that section (and in some sections forward in the song)... I've listened to it lots of times and that's what gets the attention there, imo

03:15:839 (7,8) - These patterns are actually really cool, i think it fits really well :D yep! i do too, even tho some people complain about them (maybe just cause they are 5k in global playing a 4* map, if they missread something, it's sht mapping... jk xd)

05:41:769 (3,4,5,1) - I'm not sure on these patterns tbh, i would have an experiment on different patterns you could use and see if any others fit better. The current pattern COULD fit, but it feels weird is all. I came up with that pattern from other maps... the thing is, are those WAY too spaced? honestly, for the purpose I made them, no; but im not sure... the idea was too empasize that kiai part as much as possible cause (as you can listen) the song keeps growing and growing and reaches the top there, so... what can I do in order to empasize it more that the previous part, and at the same time making it challenging?
so that was my interpretation of the whole thing, then some people tend to criticise maps because they're not made how they want it to be and saying that the pattern the mapper used doesn't fit well etc, I'm not saying this is the case, but I'd rather hear some argues about WHY it doesn't fit (which I already had)... but either way, I confused myself already, so; if you have some ideas that would fit better lemme know!

This is actually a pretty good map, i thought i would find more stuff. hehe

Best of luck dood
thanks man c:
Kilabarus
This map has potential, good work!
Topic Starter
Kazuha91

MashaSG wrote:

This map has potential, good work!
tys :3
Thievley
Hey there, dropping by on behalf of a friend. Not sure if you're going for rank, but here is a bit of input that I hope you find helpful!

Italics = Light suggestions

[General]
  1. Check AiMod for unsnapped sliders, shaka brah
  2. I don't know if this really matters but, I guess it'd be better to write the name of the game in the source as it appears officially, so, "Life is Strange"
[Way better diff name than what you had before lol]
  1. I don't fully agree with manipulating the timing point to be 60 at the beginning when throughout you keep it around 120-130. I know you probably did it to make the sliders emphasize how chill and slow it is at the start, but honestly I think it'd be much better if you could just skip that whole bit up until the vocals come in at 00:40:650 (1) -
    Having parts like that mapped is a bit unnecessary, especially because of my next point below!...
  2. 00:40:650 (1,2) - I also don't agree with this sudden shift from chill held out notes to the vocals. Imo, you should stick to one for consistency in the beginning. Also, not only is it sudden, the overlap does not help the flow of it at all. I think the optimal thing to do, would be to skip the entire slow section (refer to previous point) and just start mapping at the vocals, since I'm guessing that's what you'd want to do.
    For me, I wouldn't map exactly to the vocals, rather, I'd emphasize certain rhythms by under mapping them, just to bring out the general vibe of that entire beginning.
    Slow and smooth... Again, please consider not using 60 bpm, it's a bit inhibiting.
  3. I'll try not to delve too deep into aesthetics, but some of your slider shape choices are questionable. Like, they aren't forming much structure. I sorta blame it on them being way too smol and the distancing that you went with being too spaced,
    so try to lower the spacing and be like, "Okay since this sounds this way, I feel like the best way to reflect this sound is to shape my slider like..." and etc.
    I'm not going to say your slider shapes are wrong, but yea definitely try to keep some kind of general consistency with the objects you place on the grid, little things like blanketing when needed, symmetry, and clean follow path trails!
    00:50:400 (3) - I feel like this slider is a bit out of place, rhythmically and visually. My friend mentioned to me that what you aimed for it to be was a cocoon, but I don't think the average player would be able to figure it out right off the bat. Also it's very bumpy, it doesn't fit the smoothness in this section. And if you really wanted it to be an important slider shape, I think the least you could have done is placed it in the center? But it'd be much better to just not have it there.
  4. 01:24:922 (1,2) - Was it necessary to have these sliders placed like this? I think it'd be much better if they at least looked somewhat similar to each other,
    this just seems a bit messy.
  5. 01:28:852 - 01:40:497 I like what you did between these two time stamps, I really think you should use that kind of rhythm choice in earlier parts where you seem to not have a clear flow on what to follow in the music. But of course, since it is slow at the start, use simplified rhythms!
  6. 01:40:497 (3) - This repeat slider doesn't really fit, it doesn't allow the starting of the next measure/phrase to be clicked and just passively maps it...
  7. 01:55:045 (6,7) - You have some notes like this distanced unnecessarily far from each other, and I think you should just not do that. You don't need far out spacing just to make something emphasized, emphasizing is when you highlight a part in the music by consistently doing something different from the general flow of it all. So even the slightest change can be considered proper emphasis, as long as it isn't exaggerated, because that's all you're doing there with that giant spacing x_x. It's all relative.
  8. 01:55:283 (7,8,1) - Avoidable overlaps. Eek.
  9. 01:58:562 (5,6) - I mean there are other ways you could have gone about placing this, but if you wanted to pull this sort of thing off, I'd suggest really making it as clean as possible.
  10. 02:05:124 (1,2,3,4) - You missed a really good opportunity to make these parallel to each other...
  11. I feel like in general, in this section, instead of using all the hitcircles that you use, you could opt for sliders. Sliders would mirror the strumming of the guitar much much better, whereas hit circles would be way better for shorter sounds like the bass drum or leading into vocals.
  12. 03:13:990 (1,2,1,2,3) - Really not the best choice for patterning. It's awkward, and you're just highlighting certain things instead of following an overall flow that the song offers. You can map to that sound, but kick sliders + overlaps isn't the way to go. I understand that this song is painfully repetitive to map, but making up things as you go doesn't help it!
  13. 04:10:433 (3,4,1,2,3) - I'm sorry this is just evil. I can get why you did it, but it doesn't justify it enough :c
    Also they could be confused for the spacing you use on 1/4 patterns at times.
  14. 04:13:873 - Alright so, rhythmically it's natural and much more accurate to emphasize beats landing on 2 and 4. However, what you do here is place slider endings on 2 and 4 and so, it feels off. So while your structure isn't bad at all in this section, the pattern placement is awkward. Please reconsider changing this!
  15. 04:28:856 - I don't understand why you suddenly shifted to these held out sliders here when the music doesn't exactly call for it
  16. 04:43:117 - However, it does call for it here! So don't start that too early please.
  17. 05:39:418 (1) - Hitsounds super loud in this section. Why.
  18. 05:46:256 (3,4,5) - You have some very odd distancing like this throughout this section, It's a bit rough since the 1/4 beats are the same rhythm, but then they are just placed differently as if (3) was 1/2 and the notes following were 1/4...
  19. 05:56:747 (2,3) - Uh oh, you sorta have two objects on the same place on the timeline, might wanna fix that lol
  20. Also! A small tip for hella long sliders placed on fading sounds, it would be nice to set the volume of their slider ends low to better bring out the effect! For example, sliders you use at the beginning and the one at the very end. (Because slider slides and the sudden 'crash' at the end are anything but soothing lmfao)
So in general, what do I want to say? While I honestly do applaud you for your timing on this song, I really think the map could use a rework. Please put some more thoughts into the story you're trying to tell with this and make it more than just placing notes on a grid. I have a feeling that's what you're aiming for, It's just not well executed. Also, when receiving feedback, if it's constructive please take into consideration! I'm referencing my friends short chat with you as he was displeased that he wasn't fully heard out and I have to agree with him on that ;w;

I really wish you luck on this map, it is promising, but it has a loong way to go! I hope I helped at least a tiny bit! ❤
Topic Starter
Kazuha91
hey, I do appreciate you coming in for some feedback on the map!
I remember who you're talking about (friend of yours who told you about it) but can't remember the name but i still apoligize for whatever i did/didn't cause i can't really remember that either :s

anyways before everything i wanna thank you in advice for taking your time to express your thoughts and advices about it!
since im very busy lately and dont exactly know when i'll have the time to analize all of your mod's points and explain specificly each part, i wanted to reply to your last considerations as a good way of doing it came into my mind now.

first, i wanna thanks you (again) for noticing how hard was timing this specific song and even though it's not 100% well made technically speaking, it works just as fine.

and yes, that was indeed the purpose of this song; it is not well executed (well, not entirely at least) and i know that, but as far as my mapping (aurally and visually) & interpretating (following the right sounds and interpretate songs meanings) this is the best i can do at the moment.
im just an amateur mapper as you can probably tell, and as regards this song specifically in my defence i wanna say that it takes really a lot of effort to put hands on it after such a long journey of mapping it, therefore i never thought i'd ever remap it when i first did, BUT, it does mean so much to me that i just had to few months later from 0... it still does but i don't think i'd make it as much better as it got with this first remap, is why im not even closely considering a full second rework for now... little adjustements of course, but nothing serious so i am gonna still look through the points you mentioned as soon as i get some free time, but don't expect too much.

as far as ranking goes it would be cool ofc, but for the reasons mentioned above im afraid i won't be able to get far by myself (any volunteers are welcome ^^) but im already happy with just having it there for people who know what it really means to enjoy!
Thievley
Thanks for the quick reply to that, sorry for the lengthy mod while you're all busy and stuff, take your time of course. I really hope to see you make great progress on this map someday and if you ever need extra help feel free to poke me!

(/' v')/
Topic Starter
Kazuha91
Hey! So, here I am finally after a pretty long while (also cause i had forgotten :roll: ) taking a look to the entire thing.
I want you to note that, even when i'll aggree with you suggestions, i'll hardly actually make any modify to the map because of the lack of time, will, and inspiration, which absolutely are not the reasons why im gonna completely stop mapping at all (i hope).
Why am i doing this then? well, first of all because you took your time to try helping me and i don't want anyone else who might have other ideas for the map in the future to think this is a dead thing.
With this said, if you or anyone wants is free to help me out with the map since im... in my actual conditions... just make the modfies you feel like making and send it to me; it will always be well accepted until it gets ranked :P

Thievley wrote:

[General]
  1. Check AiMod for unsnapped sliders, shaka brah i'd do that but i'm too noob to even know what that is ahah
  2. I don't know if this really matters but, I guess it'd be better to write the name of the game in the source as it appears officially, so, "Life is Strange"
oh well i can do that! even if it doesnt really matter :D

[Way better diff name than what you had before lol] ikr!, love it! actually i changed it again; and i love this one even more :3
  1. I don't fully agree with manipulating the timing point to be 60 at the beginning when throughout you keep it around 120-130. I know you probably did it to make the sliders emphasize how chill and slow it is at the start, but honestly I think it'd be much better if you could just skip that whole bit up until the vocals come in at 00:40:650 (1) -
    Having parts like that mapped is a bit unnecessary, especially because of my next point below!... uhmm nono; the bpm yes, is 60 to emphasize the super chill part (but also because it actually is 60) and that part is absolutely not skippable, not to me. it really makes the purpose of the map; starting from 0 and getting to 100
  2. 00:40:650 (1,2) - I also don't agree with this sudden shift from chill held out notes to the vocals. Imo, you should stick to one for consistency in the beginning. Also, not only is it sudden, the overlap does not help the flow of it at all. I think the optimal thing to do, would be to skip the entire slow section (refer to previous point) and just start mapping at the vocals, since I'm guessing that's what you'd want to do.
    For me, I wouldn't map exactly to the vocals, rather, I'd emphasize certain rhythms by under mapping them, just to bring out the general vibe of that entire beginning.
    Slow and smooth... Again, please consider not using 60 bpm, it's a bit inhibiting. while i realize i am following (suddenly) vocals in this section, i also think it well fills the no-sound gap (except from the middle tick of these sliders 00:58:400 (3) - which isn't that relevant imo) keeping the chill at the same time, imo
  3. I'll try not to delve too deep into aesthetics, but some of your slider shape choices are questionable. Like, they aren't forming much structure. I sorta blame it on them being way too smol and the distancing that you went with being too spaced,
    so try to lower the spacing and be like, "Okay since this sounds this way, I feel like the best way to reflect this sound is to shape my slider like..." and etc.
    I'm not going to say your slider shapes are wrong, but yea definitely try to keep some kind of general consistency with the objects you place on the grid, little things like blanketing when needed, symmetry, and clean follow path trails! hehe, this is the hard part, being original and having the right inspirations for each sound. while i do aggree with you, i would also say that i did a pretty good job on some through the song. to mention some we have 01:24:922 (1,2) - or 05:50:194 (1) - or also the butterfly at the end which, along with the cacoon (even if doesnt really look like it :x ) represent the entire map. but yeah, this is a hard thing and suggestions are well appretiated.
    00:50:400 (3) - I feel like this slider is a bit out of place, rhythmically and visually. My friend mentioned to me that what you aimed for it to be was a cocoon, but I don't think the average player would be able to figure it out right off the bat. Also it's very bumpy, it doesn't fit the smoothness in this section. And if you really wanted it to be an important slider shape, I think the least you could have done is placed it in the center? But it'd be much better to just not have it there. 01:16:776 (5) - this is the right one you were talking about. and yeah, i tried making it as best as i could but it's still kinda sht and about the being centered thing too... is one of the things i'll eventually do (or you could help me out :roll: )
  4. 01:24:922 (1,2) - Was it necessary to have these sliders placed like this? I think it'd be much better if they at least looked somewhat similar to each other,
    this just seems a bit messy. i actually love them, shape and flow wise.
  5. 01:28:852 - 01:40:497 I like what you did between these two time stamps, I really think you should use that kind of rhythm choice in earlier parts where you seem to not have a clear flow on what to follow in the music. But of course, since it is slow at the start, use simplified rhythms! well,
    they do fit well here cause the rhythm is already well defined, while in the beginning part it would have been way too slow, thus, repetitively annoying...
    reason why i made these shifts sometimes in all my maps not this one only.
  6. 01:40:497 (3) - This repeat slider doesn't really fit, it doesn't allow the starting of the next measure/phrase to be clicked and just passively maps it... well you might be right but i dont really see a big of an issue with it either ways... but yeah, if you got some better ways to make it you're free to do so :roll: :roll: :roll:
  7. 01:55:045 (6,7) - You have some notes like this distanced unnecessarily far from each other, and I think you should just not do that. You don't need far out spacing just to make something emphasized, emphasizing is when you highlight a part in the music by consistently doing something different from the general flow of it all. So even the slightest change can be considered proper emphasis, as long as it isn't exaggerated, because that's all you're doing there with that giant spacing x_x. It's all relative. it's not that giant xD just some normal slider-circle alternating
  8. 01:55:283 (7,8,1) - Avoidable overlaps. Eek. i remember trying to make it so it kept it's flow while maintaining the spacing used in that part aswell and i couldn't find any solution at the time. but that was back in the days so i might do something about it... eventually.
  9. 01:58:562 (5,6) - I mean there are other ways you could have gone about placing this, but if you wanted to pull this sort of thing off, I'd suggest really making it as clean as possible. isn't it clean enough? :roll:
  10. 02:05:124 (1,2,3,4) - You missed a really good opportunity to make these parallel to each other... yeah, this part is keeping up since the first version of the map, when parallel stuff wasn't really a thing in my maps. looking at it now though i find it pretty cool and original, in some way... since parallel stuff is just main stream... but again, suggestions are accepted!
  11. I feel like in general, in this section, instead of using all the hitcircles that you use, you could opt for sliders. Sliders would mirror the strumming of the guitar much much better, whereas hit circles would be way better for shorter sounds like the bass drum or leading into vocals.yeah that makes sense... i just went with the usual sliders-circles alternating thing... i will need a good idea to make it like you said without making that part too annoying and repetitive though
  12. 03:13:990 (1,2,1,2,3) - Really not the best choice for patterning. It's awkward, and you're just highlighting certain things instead of following an overall flow that the song offers. You can map to that sound, but kick sliders + overlaps isn't the way to go. I understand that this song is painfully repetitive to map, but making up things as you go doesn't help it! at first when i made it, and for a long while since then, i really liked it but now... yeah, it does need some revisiting even though i still think it can fit pretty well that section... i've got a cool idea for it from a person once, but it would require a lot of patience which i dont have right now :?
  13. 04:10:433 (3,4,1,2,3) - I'm sorry this is just evil. I can get why you did it, but it doesn't justify it enough :c why? :o
    Also they could be confused for the spacing you use on 1/4 patterns at times. nah they totally fine, no one has ever mistaken... yet
  14. 04:13:873 - Alright so, rhythmically it's natural and much more accurate to emphasize beats landing on 2 and 4. However, what you do here is place slider endings on 2 and 4 and so, it feels off. So while your structure isn't bad at all in this section, the pattern placement is awkward. Please reconsider changing this! yeah i noticed this even when i was mapping and still decided to go with it cause, while for some people it might seem off, for others (like me) it does sound fine... but yeah, it's another thing that would require a lot of time and patience to change but it was never worth the effort to me since it was already cool enough... if you wanna give it a change...
  15. 04:28:856 - I don't understand why you suddenly shifted to these held out sliders here when the music doesn't exactly call for it oh it does! i swap for the other main sound that comes in in this section and it's pretty cool imo :D
  16. 04:43:117 - However, it does call for it here! So don't start that too early please. uhm it's just more emphasised with the sound here but it does start earlier! i swear :D
  17. 05:39:418 (1) - Hitsounds super loud in this section. Why. cause is the last and most powerful section of the map and it shall destroy your ears :D :D
  18. 05:46:256 (3,4,5) - You have some very odd distancing like this throughout this section, It's a bit rough since the 1/4 beats are the same rhythm, but then they are just placed differently as if (3) was 1/2 and the notes following were 1/4... i got confused on what you mean here sorry :?
  19. 05:56:747 (2,3) - Uh oh, you sorta have two objects on the same place on the timeline, might wanna fix that lol wut? o.o where? there's 1 only to me!
  20. Also! A small tip for hella i see what you did there :D long sliders placed on fading sounds, it would be nice to set the volume of their slider ends low to better bring out the effect! For example, sliders you use at the beginning and the one at the very end. (Because slider slides and the sudden 'crash' at the end are anything but soothing lmfao) oh yeah xD well that's to be fixed too :D
such beautiful and colorful text :) :D
-Helium-

Kazuha91 wrote:

Hey! So, here I am finally after a pretty long while (also cause i had forgotten :roll: ) taking a look to the entire thing.
I want you to note that, even when i'll aggree with you suggestions, i'll hardly actually make any modify to the map because of the lack of time, will, and inspiration, which absolutely are not the reasons why im gonna completely stop mapping at all (i hope).
Why am i doing this then? well, first of all because you took your time to try helping me and i don't want anyone else who might have other ideas for the map in the future to think this is a dead thing.
With this said, if you or anyone wants is free to help me out with the map since im... in my actual conditions... just make the modfies you feel like making and send it to me; it will always be well accepted until it gets ranked :P

or loved? may be a bit more realistic with this idea
Topic Starter
Kazuha91

-Helium- wrote:

Kazuha91 wrote:

or loved? may be a bit more realistic with this idea
couldn't be more realistic than that! :D
BanchoBot
This modding thread has been migrated to the new "modding discussions" system. Please make sure to re-post any existing (and unresolved) efforts to the new system as required.