oh my
thanks everyone : )

@starset i'm just glad you decided to do a GD for me in the first place lol
zev
Topic Starter
Mentai

zev wrote:

Hello,

I have some concerns about the slider overlap shenanigans in Left's Galaxy Express.

i'm pretty sure sliders like those are unrankable.
01:32:247 (1,3) -
01:41:383 (1,3) -
01:54:064 (1,2) -
03:01:428 (1,1) -
03:10:155 (1,1) -

RC wrote:

Every slider must have a clear and visible path to follow from start to end. Sliders which overlap themselves in a way that makes any section unreadable or ambiguous cannot be used, such as burai sliders and hold sliders without straightforward slider borders. When perfectly overlapping two slider bodies, the first slider must be fully faded out before the second slider is fully faded in.

we actually fixed this a long time ago, Left remapped and had to increase the AR to 9.4 or the slider bodies would have broken this rule for sure. now since its at 9.6, i believe it is just acceptable for some of the patterns he does. asking around atm

thank you for the concern though, gonna need to make sure my future maps remember the rule

edit: modhelp consensus is that its fine, i also think it is too

edit 2: what Yui said!

edit 3: the more i look at it, the more i agree with UndeadCapulet. i think you just misinterpreted the rule, and you are so used to seeing the "anime" style of mapping, that when you saw this, you freaked out lol
Yuii-
I still remember the day #modhelp said unsnapped notes were right. Not the best source.

Let's wait for a QAT to take a look into these sliders!
UndeadCapulet
perfect overlapped sliderbodies = literally the same design copypasted in the same location, so 01:32:247 (1,3) - 01:54:064 (1,2) - 03:01:428 (1,1) - and 03:10:155 (1,1) - don't apply at all

01:41:383 (1,3) - doesn't apply because it's ctrl+g'd, and the way sliderends are rendered now means there's a clear difference between a slider followed by a slider and a slider followed by a circle

none of these arranges apply because as you quoted, "the first slider must be fully faded out before the second slider is fully faded in", which these all clearly do, even 01:41:383 (1,3) - is clearly fully faded before the 3 slider finishes loading in

the point of the rule is to keep things "fair" for reading, since two perfectly copypasted sliders appear the same as a slider with a circle stacked underneath its head, none of these arranges look like that so they're ok
Cellina
they r fine imo
btw gratz
_handholding
Top diff is so well made, I'm blown away
Topic Starter
Mentai
@cellina thank you!

@kisses Left <3
zev
InfinityGhost
you did it my dude