forum

The Beat ('The Voice' style tournament) Looking for staff!

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
-Sunshine-
Hello, unfortunately due to some setbacks with personal life, I have had to postpone the initial start date. Signups were supposed to be this month and the tournament was supposed to start next month. However, I've had to postpone the tournament to the beginning of next year (Next month is too soon and December tend to be rather busy for a lot of people) and because of this, most of the staff I had scheduled for next month were not able to participate in the new year. So! I now have to find new staff. I need at least 5 referees, and a team of map pool selectors. I am also looking for a couple streamers but it is not required. There is a whole other process if I decide that matches are going to be streamed. You may apply for multiple staff positions. However, you must submit each application separately. There are certain basic requirements for each staff position that I will go over in a bit. Each staff application will be interviewed. Before applying, read through the requirements to make sure you can meet each or most of them. I prefer to have staff members having a working microphone to make communication easier. I can't be typing to 5 different people at once and more can be explained while talking within a shorter time.

Staff Positions and Requirements
Please read the section you wish to apply for carefully and make sure you have the proper requirements.

Referee

SPOILER
  • Requirements
  1. Staff must have experience dealing with players. Former referees are preferred.
  2. Staff must be able to use an IRC client efficiently. I will give those who do not know how to use it a quick tutorial.
  3. Staff must be quick problem solvers. They must be able to know when to create a solution and when to come to me.
  4. Staff must be available during the hours that they have said they will work. They must know what their limits of work are and must be responsible for showing up to their scheduled matches.

Streamer

SPOILER
  • Requirements
  1. Staff must have proof of experience with streaming and their own account. It will not be used for streaming the match, but more for verification.
  2. Staff must have a working microphone.
  3. Staff must be able to use graphics and overlays properly.
  4. Staff must be able to create entertainment if something goes wrong. Eg: a match not being played due to players not showing up, the tourney client crashing, etc...
  5. Staff must be able to do research on players and maps. They must provide accurate information and be able to easily slip little facts in.
  6. Staff must be able to hold back bias in order to not sway the viewers' opinions or create bickering in the chat.
  7. Staff must be able to speak clearly and keep their voice at a moderate volume to avoid people getting headaches from a peaked mic.
  8. Staff may not compete in the tournament.

Coach
Positions filled

SPOILER
  • Requirements
  1. Staff must be able to participate in team building activities.
  2. Staff must be willing to take charge of their team.
  3. Staff must be able to act as a responsible leader and make sure that players are accountable.
  4. Staff must be ready to play with their team at the time specified for each match.
  5. Staff must be between 10k and 25k in order to participate as coaches.

Map Pool Selector

SPOILER
  • Requirements
  1. Staff must be able to choose maps based on the rank range.
  2. Staff must be open minded to working with other members.
  3. Staff must be able to make quick adjustments if the map pool is too easy or hard.
  4. Staff may not participate in the tournament.

These requirements are subject to change and I will most likely be updating them as I get more picky with staff. Again, each application must be submitted separately and I will interview each applicant if I think that they will make a positive impact on this tournament. Please apply here. https://goo.gl/forms/d1fXQ8a6AOeLn9Bl1
StephOsu
FIRST!!!!!!11111ONE
Topic Starter
-Sunshine-
Thank you to those who have signed up! This brings the registration date closer. At the moment, I am in dire need of Map Pool Selectors. The coach positions have been filled and I appreciate those who have stepped up to the plate. I'm going to clarify something that I should have mentioned earlier about selecting maps. If you are a map pool selector, you may not play if you have picked the maps for your rank range. That being said, you can still pick maps for other rank ranges if you still want to play. Eg: I am 17k so if I wanted to pick maps and play, I can't pick maps for the 10k-25k rank range. However, if I wanted to be a map pool selector, I could pick maps for any of the other rank ranges. I feel like this is preventing a lot of people from signing up as staff. Hopefully this will encourage more people to sign up. ^-^ That's all for now.
Shine Bright, Sunshine Out!
TSGWhatever
Rapid Eye Movement lost the z-tournament...and I'll lose this one as well...it'll be fun \o/
o x
I think you should add a bit more detail about the tournament. I am somewhat confused about what this tournament even is.
Who can sign up for the tournament?
Is this just a normal 5v5 tournament?
How is the bracket going to be? will it have a losers bracket?
What kind of tournament is this? what mode, what difficulty of maps, and what do you mean "the voice" style tournament?

Just a few questions I have because your OP did not clarify this.