forum

mass messages

posted
Total Posts
This is a feature request. Feature requests can be voted up by supporters.
Current Priority: +0
Topic Starter
Lyawi
Hey!

I had an idea about mass messages, while playing osu!. Therefore, I imagine this step sequence:
  1. Lyawi types a mass message (with /massmessage <text> or /mm <text>) ...
  2. the tab "Lyawi" flashes up on the osu! client by each of her friends
  3. now, you can see her mass message, like this:
I also thought that some user don't want to be spammed by other users, so there could be an option to activate/deactivate this or maybe to select between mass massages by all users or only friends.

There's no need, but it could be useful for announcements like my example.
Endaris
Aaaaa
Reminds me of facebook tbh.

Either this will be so annoying (especially if you have many friends) that most people ignore it which defeats the purpose of it or it won't be used very much which defeats the purpose as well.

If this ever happens this should be restricted to mutual friends as Bikko most likely doesn't give a shit about my newest osu!-video on YouTube.
If you want to send a mass message to all users, simply use #osu.
XPJ38
Given that many have added people to their friends list just to follow them or know if they are online, this is probably a bad idea.

Why not this instead? (inviting people into private chat)
Caput Mortuum
Oh god the horrors of bbm... If I disabled it, I wouldn't get the news that's meant for me... It might be important. So, no. ^^ group chats are better
Bara-
I once requested this for forum PMs, and the main concerns were that people (streamers, multiplayer people) would all spam people to watch their stream/play with them
Let me see if I can find the thread
Edit: t/236072?hilit=Kin+fort
The same comments there apply here as well. It might even be worse in-game then with forum pm
Pawsu
I'm...not too sure about this. I don't really see the define benefits this would have. I think the feature request inviting others into private chat would be a better request (and is more likely to happen)
Ashton
I would honestly love to see this as a feature! But the above comments have a point ^^