rank this shit
so hard :c
MBmasher wrote:rank this shit
thank you soooo much!! im so glad someone took the time to help me, much appreciated! changed most things
-Mo- wrote:Surprised there's still no ranked standard map of this song yet.
- 01:32:992 - I'd say put the preview point here so that it doesn't start with half a second of cut held vocal. did blue tick right before so the strong sound is better noticeable
- 00:00:603 (1) - Might be worth lowering the volume so the spinner spin doesn't drown out the quiet wind noise. did 20%
- 00:04:234 (3) - Sounds like it's a little late compared to the first thunderclap. true, i think 1/8 tick sounds about right
- 00:07:052 (1) - Also sounds a little late compared to when the squeak is first audible. also 1/8 tick right beofre i guess
- 00:10:539 - Thunderclap sound starts about here, so you could do some reverse 1/8 slider thing if you wanted. did reverse thing
I would say that mapping the door and thunderclap sounds doesn't really add much to the map and it should just be left unmapped, but then it's not approval length so ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ i 100% agree here. i tested everything to avoid mapping that thunderpart but it just doesnt work for >300s. I'm not sure if a spinner in the end until the very last sound + mapping the tiny little break in the map would be enough to count up to 300s, but anyways the spinner in the end would be very weird aswell... The taiko ranked map just put one big 10s spinner for the thunder part in the beginning, but that doesnt help too much either..
- 01:33:565 - Might be cool to place a circle here for the vocal note. after 3 remaps and countless self-mods i never noticed that there is a vocal, i think it is almost inaudible especially because of the very strong sound on the white tick before which i want to keep the focus and emphasis on. trhe music kind of stops there for 1 beat and i want to mark that in the map too with the stack.
- 01:33:756 (1) - 01:45:985 (1) etc - I'd try to map these vocal notes as sliders too since it seems to stick out too much when all of the other vocal notes like 01:35:285 (1) land on sliders. It doesn't feel like the current rhythm really gives it any extra emphasis either. i agree with that but something holds me back from doing that. entering the kiai with sliders is really not fitting the intense chorus of the song, the only thing you do is pressing the key one time which has very low intensity for the player. Also i mainly use sliders for vocal when they land on a blue tick i nthe middle of a section, in this case it is the beginning of the section landing on a downbeat. in addition to that, at spots like 02:34:902 (1) - and 04:14:265 (1) - this doesnt really work well because the objects before are sliders too, i tihnk i dont have to explain why i find that unfitting there.
- 01:42:546 (1,2,3,4) - I'd probably use the same rhythm as 01:42:164 (1,2,3) so it can add emphasis on 01:42:737 snd 01:42:928, and since I think it's better to keep the guitar notes as a pair. Same for other kiais. i dont really get what you mean by that. what i was thinking with this is mapping the background fading sounds at 01:42:164 (1,1) - entering the sliderpart 01:42:928 (1) - here for the vocals which works at the same time as a "buil-up" (in a sense of low clicking effort for the player into stream) towards the most intense part of the kiai.
- 02:02:227 (5) - This could be spaced out like 02:01:654 (5) too. yes
- 02:33:660 (1) - A rhythm like thismight be cool since I think it's worth mapping the white tick too. it feels a bit weird now but i think i have to get used to it, changed
- 02:50:189 (1) - You could offset this from the straight line like 02:49:807 (5) does from 1,2,3,4 for emphasis. i think this offset thing doesnt work too great for circle into slider because you dont really catch the movement (because its only one circle to click basically) like you would with circles into circles (and catching the movement is kind of the reason why you do such offsets imo)
- 03:23:055 (1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8) - Would personally shorten the spacing of this stream even more since it's still a little hard to notice the difference in game. did 0.3x instead of 0.5
- 03:25:730 (1) - Makes more sense to move the NC to 03:25:348 (4).
- 03:31:272 (1) - Same thing to 03:31:463 (2).
- 03:42:928 (5) - Looks like it should be NC'd according to the next combos. did all nc stuff
- 03:45:221 (1) - Might be worth shortening and placing a circle on the blue tick so that all of thie guitar notes for this section land on clickable beats. idk.. i rather wanna keep it simple after the hardest part of the map, that rhythm might get too confusing
- 03:52:100 (2) - Could Ctrl+G this so reverses flow like 00:18:087 (2) did. sure
- 03:57:450 (1) - Would make this a 3/4 slider so that it matches the held guitar note. Might just be me, but it would also help me not play 03:57:832 (2) as if it was following the vocals. fits much better nice
- 04:11:208 (5) - Could NC since every other white tick is an NC.
- 04:13:501 (1) - Offset thing again. yes here its very strong
- 05:04:902 (2) - Shortening to blue tick would be more accurate with the guitar I think. hm.. if i listen at 25% i still hear the "hold-sound" until the white tick
Let me recheck.
ラブライブ！ School idol project
- 00:07:052 (1) - Might want to recheck this slider so that all the squiggle things are timed right, I think it's a little off now that you moved it. Also check the green lines are where they're supposed to be. oh yes, think its alright now (really hard to adjust, gotta say) and green lines are on spot now.
- 03:25:348 (1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8) - 03:31:463 (1,2,3,1,2,3,4,5) - Is inconsistent NCing now, do one or the other (think I missed that last time, mb) should be consistent now
Not sure how much this matters, but source should use full width exclamation point. Copypasted from the metadata discord:ラブライブ！ School idol projectcopy pasted this into the map
Edit: Been kinda reluctant to point this out but I probably should
02:59:361 to 03:16:941 - Might bring up some concerns about overmapping. For the other parts of the map, constant 1/4 seems fine since I can hear a constant guitar and drum rhythm, but for this section, those instruments seem to be less prominent, so what used to support the streaming isn't really there anymore. I'm wondering if it would be better to remap this section to use less 1/4, or explain yourself as to why it's fine. i can understand why this is concerning. this section is kinda similar to 01:15:412 - this section (talking about the instruments) and I did map only most prominent sounds there. For 02:59:361 - this section however, i think this kind of "abrupt" rhythm (like 1/4 rhythms starting ending starting ending and so on... like 01:16:367 (4,5,6,1,2,3,4,5,1,2,3) - this for example, the 1/2 spaces make it look "clipped" idk really know how to describe it) doesnt really fit because both, fading backgroundsound (that are also supported by the stream angles) and holding vocals, are a thing here. so for these holding background sounds and super long vocals a consistent 1/4 rhythm without any gaps that would interrupt the background sounds and vocals fits much better, in my opinion. I think the comparison between the section before i mentioned and the section here helps understanding my view. so the streams are supposed to keep the map consistent in its really dense 1/4 rhythms and to represent background sound and super intense long vocals
So.... I already explained my concept of emphasising vocals and background sounds in the thread. I quickly sum that up. In the choruses you have 2 different emphasis concepts, one being emphasis on a kickslider (such as 01:34:043 (4,6,1,3) - and so on). As you can see every blue tick vocal is supposed to be represented by a kickslider and the circles are just a filler. Apart from that you have the start of a stream as a way of emphasis (the one you'd like me to do everywhere if I understood you correctly) which is used when a long fading background sound is suppose to be emphasized instead of vocals (such as beggining of 01:40:635 (1) - 01:41:399 (1) - 01:42:164 (1) - and so on...). The reason why it is that way and not the other way around is because the background sound has a "holding strength", a fading character which is expressed by the on-going stream whereas the vocals are really quick and change a lot so I chose to use kickslider to mark them as vocals. This kind of seperation makes the kiai structured with different ways of emphasising specific elements in the song. I have to day, even if the map wouldn't be qualified I would refuse to change it to somewhat else and destroy my current concept, mainly because this kind of seperation is really fitting here in the song.
Yuii- wrote:okay so this will get ranked, congrats!
but for your next map, please do follow vocals. you're ignoring them completely, entirely... unless there are no instruments on the background, of course
i can't list examples of everything, but consistency sometimes is appreciated, see 02:46:941 (4) - for example and compare it to previous ncs, you will see what i am talking about
-streamjumps aren't placed accordingly, when vocals are stressed (let's say 02:50:189 (1) - but i won't list too many examples below as this happens literally everywhere) you place jumps right after that object.... that's not how emphasis works. when there's something standing out more than other sounds, you want to emphasize that particular sound, and not the one that comes after it that might not be relevant whatsoever. and in these cases, this is poorly executed
-vocals, PLEASE! 01:03:183 - vocals are quiet; intensity of the streams is the exact same as the ones in the kiai? 01:33:756 - that seems like an overall mistake
-streamjumps again - 01:34:043 (4,5) - what are these doubles that deserve a jump?
-01:56:399 (7,8,9,1) - these play quiet poorly, but that's just personal opinion, i think 02:57:355 (5,6,7,8,9,1) - flows more comfortably as these objects run downwards the whole time
-02:59:361 - vocals again
-03:45:221 (1,2) - shouldn't (2) start on blue cause of guitar? seems like you are following that but you ignore it as wellllllll it doesn start on a blue tick representing the guitar and skipping the white tick?
03:58:788 (2,3) - just felt unnecessary large when vocals are getting quieter and there's no drum hit the sounds get louder and louder and so does the spacing. this is not mapped to represent the vocals in first place
-etc etc etc
there's lots of things i would love to see improved in your next map. you have a great potential, youi know how to properly make streamshapes, sliders are cute, you even manage flow really decently... but, there is some other stuff that need to be polished in order to make an outstanding map
might not be my favorite map, but i hope you don't get demotivated or anything by this short mod
keep on mapping but remember these few things and you'll do much better next time!