forum

Playing with brown switches?

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Rurree
I was just wondering what you guys feel about playing with brown switches? Planning to pick up a Cooler Master Masterkeys Pro S with Cherry MX Browns this November.
Endaris
I use them. They're neat.
Paneiru
It feels like I tap slower with brown switches compared to with reds, but I'm more accurate with browns which is why I prefer them.
chainpullz
They don't feel nearly as satisfying as playing with blues imo. They are a bit quieter though as far as mechanical keyboards go. With that said even the quietest mechanical keyboard is loud as fuck when you play osu with it.
ithgyu
browns are amazing, i use reds atm but i think browns are actually my favourite
Endaris
Best argument would be ofc that Cookiezi and cptnXn use brown switches so they certainly advance you to be a master of dimensions.
Topic Starter
Rurree
I have a Pok3r with Blue switches. I'm pretty much certain I won't be using them for any game. Hmm, so does that mean I should get the Masterkeys?
LeKekz
I'm using brown Switch atm, but i have to say i prefer reds. I would say Gatereon Clear>Reds>Browns>Razer Greens (I only tested those)

With Reds/Gatereon Clears i had better acc and I was able to stream faster cuz they were like air, but with Browns you have more Fingercontrol imo cuz they have that bump when you press them.

But it's just preference, some like reds more, some like browns more
Topic Starter
Rurree
I don't really care about standard as I would be playing Catch the Beat with them. Some people say red switches are best for CTB, but I don't think its advantages are that much. I don't really like reds for typing, considering I owned a Corsair K95 (maybe it just had crappy switch quality)
Chaos
I use a keyboard with MX Browns at home and a keyboard with MX Reds while at other places. I think they're both fine for osu and unless you personally find yourself not liking MX Browns for whatever reason, it should be fine for you.

And for anyone who is looking to buy a mechanical keyboard: if possible, visit a store that has them on display and try the switches out.
Starrodkirby86
If anything, I feel that Browns are really amazing for typing. Sometimes with Reds there's that extra sloppiness that can come with splurging around on all the keys. You should try Browns out first if you can -- if any buddies you know own a Brown keyboard, ask about it. :)