forum

Misses

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Ziarivy
No matter what star difficulty I play, I can't really FC many songs because I miss random notes all the time. The ranking for my plays usually look a lot like this:

http://imgur.com/a/6azY7

And the play looks a lot like this:

http://gph.is/2ds4P0J

The problem isn't a bad sense of rhythm, but looking at the play outside of the misses, aim isn't the problem either. It's just random little misses here and there that I can't seem to fix. Playing the song again means I'll just get random misses in different spots.

Is there any way to improve this? "Playing more" isn't working - is there some sort of "technique" I'm missing?

(I use a mouse.)
Sandy Hoey
Since playing more doesn't seem to be work, consider the wise words of Yoda. "More you must play"
Its really the only solution to this, or to anything
7ambda
First miss, you moved the cursor a little bit too far down from the circle.

Second miss, you pressed the key a little too late.
Domo3311
Sorry buddy but the problem is actually your aim. If you look carefully your misses are always(or so that ive seen) when your cursor is outside clearly outside of the circle. /i can see it even though its not at .5x speed. You have very good UR so it mostly likely is not due to of your pressing keys. I'm highly positive that its due to aim because i have the same problem too :p I thought it was because of late key pressing and such but when i watched my replays and saw the evidence i had to suck it up and admit that my aim sucked :/
Lel i lied second one was due to key pressing. I swear i thought i saw more misses.. gifs are so trippy
Topic Starter
Ziarivy

Domo3311 wrote:

Sorry buddy but the problem is actually your aim. If you look carefully your misses are always(or so that ive seen) when your cursor is outside clearly outside of the circle. /i can see it even though its not at .5x speed. You have very good UR so it mostly likely is not due to of your pressing keys. I'm highly positive that its due to aim because i have the same problem too :p I thought it was because of late key pressing and such but when i watched my replays and saw the evidence i had to suck it up and admit that my aim sucked :/
Ok I'll rephrase that - The problem isn't consistent bad aim, I generally know what I'm doing and I have a good feel of the motion. It's that I get little misses that really don't make sense based on the way the rest of the play went. Meaning, if I played the song again I wouldn't miss those notes, I'd just miss different ones instead.
7ambda

Nexikhu wrote:

Meaning, if I played the song again I wouldn't miss those notes, I'd just miss different ones instead.
Inconsistent aim.

"First miss, you moved the cursor a little bit too far down from the circle."
KupcaH
Focus on each circle.
I Give Up
Aim is fine. Bad reading / memory.

KupcaH wrote:

Focus on each circle.
winber1
bad player :^)
Edgar_Figaro

Nexikhu wrote:

No matter what star difficulty I play, I can't really FC many songs because I miss random notes all the time.
Tbh it's probably nerves and your own brain making you miss. Kinda the reason I switched to Mania & Taiko was due to just randomly missing in Standard. I actually FC a lot more songs in Taiko then I did when playing standard as the pressure is not on the combo. Honestly my biggest complaint with the standard PP/score system is that it's based more on "where you miss" than "how many times you miss"
Sparx555
You're missing 8 times in 90 seconds, it's too hard for you to combo consistently. If you want to push the boundaries of what you can play consistently, play easier maps, but still around the hardest you can play consistently. Not where you FC every time, but where you notice why you made your mistakes when you make them and can focus on not making them again, as opposed to getting several of these random misses that happen in a different spot every time. Most of these should be FCable within two or three tries if not on a sightread. Play a lot of different maps around this area and try to FC them, and you should slowly be able to play harder maps with more consistency. It means playing easier maps than normal which can boring sometimes, I wouldn't recommend playing exclusively this way, but this works for me when I have problems like this. Though I haven't played very much standard recently and I'm worse than you, so maybe I'm wrong about something.