you're welcome! please give me a kudo for the post if it helped you, if not, let me know why >_<
feel free to message me if you have any more questions
feel free to message me if you have any more questions
Thanks for the full mod
raririn wrote:Full mod as requested.Red = Unrankable
Blue = Recommended
Normal = Nazi/Minor
- Romanised Artist: Emilia(CV: Rie Takahashi) *
Rie Takahashi is fine as it is in the official source, but Emilia(CV: ~ should also be in romanised artist.
- -Difficulty Setting-
- There is another Insane diff, and if it means to be Extra, consider HP7 & OD7.5. Don't worry, it's not so difficult. Okay!
-Rhythm and Structure-
- 00:01:443 (1) - First, 10% volume is quite low here since there is a clear beat in the music. I'd suggest 35% or 45% on the slider head, add a finish on it, and use 10% on 00:01:615 instead.
- 00:04:891 (3) - Try Ctrl+G, and rotate 00:05:236 (4) 90% clockwise for a better flow.
- 00:06:442 (5) - Stack with 3. Stacking makes your map tidier in the editor.
- 00:09:546 (5) - Stack with 2.
- 00:33:856 (4,5,6,7,1,1,1,2) - The pattern after the 4 circles have increasing distance right? Also applying increasing distance on the 4 circles makes it more interesting and challenging. Do not hesitate to use these 'not so hard' patterns in Extra diff. Increased distance of stream and changed some structures
I mean like this:Increased some distance
- 00:47:477 (1,2) - The spacing is very confusing! You'are decreasing SV here, and avoid using lower distance than before. Around 1.4x here would be fine. Changed the spacing
- 00:19:891 (1,2,3,4) - Not so good-looking indeed. Consider turning them into a star. You might need the Create Polygon Circles (Ctrl+Shift+D) function.
- 01:26:787 (2) - NC here instead of 1.
- 01:30:580 (4,5) - They are nearly unreadable. Move 5 a bit farther.
- 01:36:098 (8) - It's not well blanketed by the stream. Try moving it a bit like this:Moved slightly upwards and to the right
- 01:41:098 (2) - This rhythm sounds better to me:Indeed, changed!
- 01:49:546 (1,2,3,4) - lol why 4 circles here? If you mean to emphasize this part, I'd suggest replacing them with 2 sliders. And also increasing volume fits here well.
- 01:57:477 (5) - Not so good to me.. The vocal is on 01:57:649, while no obvious beat on 01:57:477. Try add a circle here, and move the slider to 01:57:649.
- 02:18:856 (2) - The same issue as above. The vocal is on 02:19:029, and it's puzzling for player to understand.
solved both similar issues
- 02:27:649 (10,1) - There is a beat here, while the circle along with 02:27:822 (1) does not emphasize on it. Ctrl+G on these two and the rhythm would be much better. Changed!
- 02:29:891 (6) - Move it farther. Moved to (244,60)
- 02:46:960 (8) - Keeping the same distance in a combo is both good-looking and comfortable to play. At least make it the same distance between 7,8 and 8,9. Arranged accordingly
- 03:31:184 (4,5,6,7,8,9,1,2,3,4,5,6,7) - These are evident overmap to me. I don't see why streams here...
- 03:33:339 (1,3) - Ctrl+G for better flow. Changed
- 03:36:615 (1) - Confusing spacing, move it farther. Changed
- 03:41:960 (1) - Nice slider, but I guess the song actually end around 03:42:477, thus it does not make sense at all.
- 00:01:443 (1) - Whistle on the sliderhead.
By listening to the music carefully, you can find that some hitsounds suits some notes since there are similar sound in the music. For example:
00:12:477 (1) - whistle Added
00:13:167 (4) - 00:14:546 (9) - 00:15:925 (4) - clap; In this section, you might add claps on every 2nd white line of each beat. Added from 00:13:167 to 00:21:443
From 00:23:511 , perhaps whistle on every 2nd white line is better than hearing nothing. Added whistle from 00:23:511 to 00:44:201
00:51:098 (1) - finish Added
And from 00:51:098 to 01:09:029, adding clap on every 1st and 3th white line. Added
The following part are similar. Feel "what hitsound are supposed to be here?". The hitsounds give players proper feedback as they hit the notes, and make your map fit the music as well.
- 01:02:132 (5) - 40% volume here suits the SV change as well as the music.
- 03:39:374 (1) - A whistle is suggested on the slidertail.
- The sliders sound awful to me... I'd suggest your silencing them, and use this if you wish.
It's a empty audio file, using this as your sliderslide.wav enables you to silence the slider bodies.
Not bad attempt for your first map, but more effort is needed. Good luck!
I hope this actually helps.
Thanks for the mod!
MBmasher wrote:metadata source: https://soundcloud.com/junkuroda_bootle ... tleg-remix
metadata source 2: https://myanimelist.net/anime/31240/Re_ ... i_Seikatsu
title: Stay Alive(Jun Kuroda Bootleg Remix)
Romanised Artist: Emilia(CV:Rie Takahashi) (no space between "CV:" and "Rie")
remember to put "Re:Zero kara Hajimeru Isekai Seikatsu" in tags.
from tags, remove "Jun Karoda", "Rem", "Emilia", "Stay Alive" since they are already in title, artist, etc.
Updated and added "Japanese", "Anime" in tags00:06:787 (11,1) - Any reason why these are close together? It can cause a lot of confusion. stacked 9 and 11 and moved 1 to (296,272)
put a sound at 00:13:339 with a slider or hitcircle 00:13:167 (4) changed to a slider
00:15:494 (2) - remove this, there is no sound
00:18:253 (2) - ^
00:19:029 (6) - Make this a 1/2 beat long slider to cover the sound at 00:19:207
revamped the section from 00:12:477 to 00:22:132 to follow the claps instead
There is a strong sound at 00:22:132, put a hitcircle there I put a new NC there since it doesn't fit the previous ones
00:27:391 (5,7) - remove these, there is no sound made (3) to a 1/1 slider and kept (6,7)
00:33:511 (3,4) - too big of a jump moved the sliders before the stream
00:36:960 (6) - turn this into just a hitcircle yes
00:54:891 (5,6) - blanket somehow? yes
00:57:822 (1) - remove this, there is no sound here turned 7 into a slider
00:57:994 (2,3) - turn these into hitcircles yes
01:11:787 (3) - If you want to have such a sudden SV change, put a NC. yes
01:40:753 (1,2) - blanket yup
01:49:546 (4,5) - delete, there is no sound decreased (3) slider velocity to 0.5
02:19:029 (2,4) - blanket yep
02:41:443 (1,2,3,4,5,1,2,3,4,5,6,1,2,3,1,2,3,4,5,6,7) - you should just delete these and end the break at 02:46:960 (8) deleted and added a spinner at 02:45:753
02:46:960 (8) - NC yep
02:50:149 (2,3,5,6) - delete, there is no sound
02:55:667 (2,3,5,6) - ^
nah, I'll keep both to add some flavours
03:20:063 (5,1) - blanket yep
A song sung by Emilia... Diff name is "Rem", bg is Subaru and Rem... What is this?????? maybe I'll add another diff for Emillia
Thanks for the mod!
lazy mod00:30:925 (5,1) - why's there nothing between these? (5) is a slider now
00:46:356 (2,3,4) - no sound, delete (1) changed to slider
00:50:236 (1) - ^ No, I think it's ok
01:46:960 (2,3,4) - ^ (1) changed to slider
01:50:925 (2) - ^ No, I think it's ok
00:55:925 (1,2) - maybe replace with normal circles No, the slider is viable
01:59:029 (3,4) - fix this blanket fixed
02:15:925 (1) - maybe put kicksliders instead yep
03:25:580 (1,2,1,2,1,2), 03:27:132 (1,2,1,2,1,2) - these all seem pretty stupid, regular jumps would be better imo How are they "stupid"? Explain please
•the slider placement and spacing, mostly in the slower parts, just feels awkward to play and doensn't go with the flow too well
•insane and rem diffs don't match in metadata and preview point
I agree on most of the advice(mod?). Obviously need a lot of work And slider shape is a pain =.=
nika mika wrote:sorry for coming so late hope im not blocked :#
but anyway, here's the mod
if it is called a mod[Rem]gl hf
the overall quality can still be improved because many minor things can be picked up and modified but if i did that this will be 3 pages or even more so i'll just say something about the major ideas.
yeah im lazy
although the rhythm has become better since i uploaded your map recently, i still suggest you to think of some tracks to follow in different parts of the music. for example, from 00:01:441 - to 00:12:475 - the rhythm is quite good: they are consistent and logical, players can kind of guess these rhythms even without playing this map for once. but here 00:17:992 - the rhythm is not that good. i can sort of understand you want to follow that little high pitch at 00:17:820 - , however the slider not only breaks the NC pattern but interrupts the rhythm as well. it is still playable and make some sense, but is less good than the previous example. for some parts like 00:34:544 - to 00:37:303 - , there are many tracks playing at the same time so it's hard to find which one to follow. what I recommend is you choose a track, like drums or vocal, and stick on that but not reject any other elements. The combined outcome should be logical and dynamically distributed, so you can put those short streams and jumps. In the case, it seems that you failed to catch the right rhythm, the streams are put irregularly (00:34:889 (3,4,5,6,7) -), downbeats are arranged onto slider ends (00:39:544 (7) -), so better consider a new rhythm for parts like this.
In a word, rhythm is made to represent music not put all stuffs together and only use the music as some kind of BGM. After all, this is a music game.
The jumps and shapes in the map are not very good. Sometimes the distance is too large, sometimes the slider doesn't look nice. For slider shapes I recommend you open your favourite maps in edit mode and learn how they make sliders, especially those from BNs since they are so mean careful in those minor thingies.
To decide how and when to put jumps is hard. I have not mastered that so I cannot say much, but I can give some suggestions based on my experiences. The first is players want to have some logic in jumps. Musicians making those songs will have a curve representing how the listeners react and feel when playing their music, so the kiai part is always full of large jumps and streams. Lock the distance snap and adjust it to a good spacing and map those less intense parts, and make jumps when needed. Still it needs to be dynamic, so change the spacing at different parts of the song.
When starting a new NC, or the music is intense, or you want some contrasts, it is a nice timing to place a jump (00:26:096 (1) -00:28:854 (1) -01:29:716 (2) -). When the music is gentle then open the ds lock and put objects (02:51:268 (1,2,3,4,5,6,7) -). For other parts, just map as usual, not too big jumps but not too small otherwise players will be confused.
Just don't be awkward to play then the flow is fine enough because every mapper has their own way of looking on it.
And avoid obtuse angles because they are really awkaward.
Maybe it’s not the stage talking about that…
/me runs away