forum

About alternating

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
PinkyEyesGirl
I've been playing a lot as an Alt-player for almost 2 year. Things are fine when i play 4*-5* songs at first. But then i encountered songs like Night of Knights, my fingers only start the streams with index finger. It's really annoying and sometimes i got miss-pressed.
Now i think it's hybrid. But it got extremely hard to control. Should i go with Single tap (my speed is bad and my right hand can only single tap) or keep on Alt? or can someone suggest some maps as the medicine to keep both fingers to be able to start streams?
I can alt-tapping really good but if i try to do so i can't play those song properly. Like 90% on Scarlet Rose then 90% on Night of Knights. Help please!
KupcaH
play more please!
You want to SS Scarlet Rose? At your level? Play more
If you like alternating then alternate, if you want to start single tapping then single tap.
Endie-
Give it some more tries, or try another map which is a bit easier. Good finger control comes with practice.
dung eater
you could practice starting streams with the other finger, too

i play just like you, but can start stuff on other finger okay, too. unusual slider/circle things still give trouble to worse finger
winber1
hybrid techniques aren't technically bad. I consider myself kind of a hybrid player. I alternate all kickslider jumps for instance, and i generally prefer to alternate at high bpms because i'm a lazy fuck, but in general i single tap. also, when i play 3/4 sliders which are followed by circles, i generally will "switch polarities" and start using my index finger as the main single tapping finger sometimes, until i find a good place to switch back to my middle finger. however, i almost always start streams with my middle finger
Jordan
I'm an alternate player and I can do streams fine

I suggest you just keep practicing
Endaris
Find your style.
If you started streams with the same finger all the time then keep doing it. You just have to push your speed for stuff like Night of Knights. Your problems on it don't root in your playstyle but in your lack of practice on such maps.
I am fully alternating (meaning that I start with whatever finger is next) and I have problems there too so it's like whatever.
Topic Starter
PinkyEyesGirl
Is there any songs like Night of Knights? Not just another beatmap of it.
I know that i need to play more but i've been stuck at this for like ~1 year now. And the improvement in the maps isn't as big as other people :(
Also is it good to start HR at the diff of 5.1~? I can barely read 10.3 but my acc is still bad.
Domo3311

PinkyEyesGirl wrote:

Is there any songs like Night of Knights? Not just another beatmap of it.
I know that i need to play more but i've been stuck at this for like ~1 year now. And the improvement in the maps isn't as big as other people :(
Also is it good to start HR at the diff of 5.1~? I can barely read 10.3 but my acc is still bad.
Mmmm maybe give resurrection a shot? Most similar that i have to night of knights i think. As for your index finger only start stream problem ya just gotta play more or play in a way that gets you to adapt to high bpm stream songs with multiple streams. I assume its a speed problem because i too have trouble fully alternating when play high bpm songs
KupcaH

PinkyEyesGirl wrote:

I recommend to play HR when you'll have at least 4.2k pp.
Also HR AR is 10, not 10.3.
Floob
Any maps with triples, bursts, or streams will work. Try to force yourself to start them with your middle finger and keep practicing them until you feel more comfortable doing it. Switching to singletap isn't such a bad idea either. It's good to know how to do both, and once you get decent enough at both singletap and alternating, you can mix the two styles together to find what's most comfortable for you.
Endaris
Check this list
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/ ... edit#gid=1

The maps in the sheets "Leading finger strain" and "Awkward patterns" should be somewhat similar in style.
Topic Starter
PinkyEyesGirl

KupcaH wrote:

PinkyEyesGirl wrote:

I recommend to play HR when you'll have at least 4.2k pp.
Also HR AR is 10, not 10.3.
By 10.3 i mean DT ;-;

Endaris wrote:

Check this list
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/ ... edit#gid=1

The maps in the sheets "Leading finger strain" and "Awkward patterns" should be somewhat similar in style.
Thanks Endaris, i'll try :D