forum

Mech Keyboard Lifetime

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Ham5andw1ch
So, I play on a Sades K10 that I bought specifically for osu. The switches are not authentic mx, but are instead Jixian(an mx clone). My question is, I've been playing osu alot, and I have already noticed some wear on the switches I play osu with(ie, they are much more broken in). I'm a bit worried that my osu playing is going to kill the keyboard, but I want to know what kind of lifetime to expect for these. I was thinking 2-3 or even more years, but wanted to clarify.
Kobi_old_1
I can't answer your question, but if you're good with your hands (or know someone who is) this might interest you.
Topic Starter
Ham5andw1ch
Cool. My soldering skills aren't the best, but replacing switches as they die should not be hard.
Kobi_old_1
If you're not A+ at soldering and wanna take a few practice runs, maybe get a cheapo crappy echanical number pad off amazon for like £30 and use it as a test dummy?
Topic Starter
Ham5andw1ch
That sounds good. My keyboard is still functioning, so I will wait for the time being. When something does happen, the keyboard was only $50 to begin with so It may be cheaper for me to just replace it. The parts could probably be used for a fightstick or something like that.
Endie-
Or just buy a new one
Rurree
You could get a Quickfire for a few dollars more or a Magicforce one. Both have better switches.