forum

[Archived] Miss notes you are supposed to hit / Replay out of sync

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
gyroninja
Problem Details: Occasionally I will start failing all of the hit circles that come up. While you could attribute this to being bad. If you replay the recording it will actually count those notes as being correctly hit. The score / accuracy at the end of the replay is actually different then what the menu screen reports. I'm pretty sure that it has to do something with the game lagging and something getting desynced.

Video or screenshot showing the problem: https://youtu.be/p6Tj5gaajHY

When I play it without recording I hit most hit markers (I miss some because I'm bad at the game)
You'll see in this recording I miss just about every hit marker.

osu! version: 20160821.1 (latest)
a1mighty
I have the same problem for over a year, but I don't use Wine. For me it always happens when I start osu! first time a day. Music and notes are completely out of sync. For example, if I press skip button at the start of map, it skips only hitobjects, but not music. If I press pause mid-game, music continues to play. It affects both playing and replay viewing in every game mode. But, after game has been running for some time (~5 minutes), or if I try to play any maps 5-10 times, the problem fades away.
So every time I start a game first time a day, before playing any ranked maps, I filter unranked maps and try to play something until problem is gone. It is also interesting that after problem is gone, I can restart game freely, it will not come back until pc restart.
bkoh
If you are using tablet, there is a option under other (OS TabletPC support) thick that, it may help, and if your using mouse, try turning on raw input under mouse in options.

If you still have the same problem, either it's your computer's problem or you just have to try harder

P.S. The video click on the right looked abit weird so it might just be your computer but you can still try enabling the options
bkoh

a1mighty wrote:

I have the same problem for over a year, but I don't use Wine. For me it always happens when I start osu! first time a day. Music and notes are completely out of sync. For example, if I press skip button at the start of map, it skips only hitobjects, but not music. If I press pause mid-game, music continues to play. It affects both playing and replay viewing in every game mode. But, after game has been running for some time (~5 minutes), or if I try to play any maps 5-10 times, the problem fades away.
So every time I start a game first time a day, before playing any ranked maps, I filter unranked maps and try to play something until problem is gone. It is also interesting that after problem is gone, I can restart game freely, it will not come back until pc restart.

I think you should use the repair osu! in the file you downloaded osu!, it should fix it
a1mighty

SuperPanda wrote:

If you are using tablet, there is a option under other (OS TabletPC support) thick that, it may help, and if your using mouse, try turning on raw input under mouse in options.
This is not input problem, this is obvious synchronisation error between hitobjects, music and internal game timer.
Look at the video again, player is finished with 19% of accuracy (which is nearly impossible in game even on easy difficulty), but on result screen you can see that accuracy is 74%. This is because results for result screen are taken from prerecorded data in replay file. I experience the same with replays if my problem is in active state.

SuperPanda wrote:

I think you should use the repair osu! in the file you downloaded osu!, it should fix it
Of course I tried to repair or reinstall the game, but unsuccessfully.
bkoh
Pretty sure it is the universal offset settings which is just above the skin setting in osu!. If it is not at 0ms, try adjusting it to 0ms, and if it is already at 0ms, you can try other offsets
a1mighty

SuperPanda wrote:

Pretty sure it is the universal offset settings which is just above the skin setting in osu!. If it is not at 0ms, try ajusting it and see if it helps, if its not, change it to 0ms which is in the center
Can you please read what I wrote? I tried reinstalling the game. No setting, even universal offset, can survive full game reinstallation (including deleting the .cfg files). And I never changed it in general, it is always 0, even if problem is active.
NoodleSoupLover
wtf. This is really weird. I think you better re-post this in the bugs section of the forums.
Topic Starter
gyroninja

NoodleSoupLover wrote:

wtf. This is really weird. I think you better re-post this in the bugs section of the forums.
I can't seem to find the subforum for bugs. (I assumed this was it)

SuperPanda wrote:

If you still have the same problem, either it's your computer's problem or you just have to try harder

P.S. The video click on the right looked abit weird so it might just be your computer but you can still try enabling the options
Raw input is only for your mouse which is not relevant to this issue. I do have raw input disabled because it's broken when I use it. Osu! usually reports somewhere in 0.6 - 1.2ms for input latency (depending on framerate) which I assume is just fine.

Also I think I get this issue after a lag spike. My game will freeze for a moment and I assume that's when the desync happens. I think during the freeze sometimes it will desync from where I'm actually at in the song.

Edit: I can confirm that after the bug happens when I pause the music continues playing.
Topic Starter
gyroninja
Does anyone know if this is fixed in the beta / cutting edge branches?

This bug pretty much always happens after a lag spike where the game freezes for a fraction of a second (It is also possible to be glitched while the beatmap is restarting). Then I am not able to hit anything. The game still allows me to get the slider part of sliders but not the timing of the initial hits. If I pause the game the music continues playing instead of switching to the pause music.

This bug is very frustrating. Especially when I'm about to get a good score on a song and then it hits or when I'm playing multiplayer and I embarrass myself by failing the song because I can't hit anything.

I'm willing to run a debug version of the game because I'm able to reproduce the bug often.