thank you very much
lolcubes wrote:Hello there, zsr123!
Here's some modding action.
- Remove letterboxing from the breaks, it looks ugly combined with your video. I don't like the break you placed, but I see no better alternative so you can leave it, but letterboxing has to go then.lettlerbox removed
- 00:03:858 (1,2,3) - These caught me off guard. It's impossible to notice the bpm has changed until you finish the slider, or unless you know the song. Don't get me wrong, this is fine, however I have a suggestion which may be a better idea to do. For example, you could start with a repeating slider, then a long slider and then continue as you want. This way, even if the player doesn't notice the bpm change immediately, he will not miss or get a 100 because after the reapeter (which should be enough for most of the people to notice the bpm change) comes a slider which you can click slightly late and still succeed. This is only a suggestion, and I hope you see the reason for this.done, should be good now I guess..
- 00:24:364 (6) - Remove this clap? It's not in the music.no,I wanted to add a rhyme here.. sorry
- 00:35:566 (5) - Add finish maybe? (note: you used it later on in the map - 01:23:794 (7))done
- 00:54:933 (1) - Remove new combo.done
- 00:55:883 (1) - This new combo would make much more sense if you placed it at 00:55:503 (7) instead, because that's the spot where music changes a little. Since you used distance snap here, no real reason to place new combos randomly.ok
- 00:57:782 (1) - You could also remove this new combo, because it's not required nor does it follow something specific in the music (like a change in music or when you follow something else instead of a drum or whatever). Removing these new combos I pointed out makes your map more consistent as well (you used a new combo approx. every 2 stanzas).done
- 01:12:972 (6) - Remove this clap? It's not in the music.also.. add rhyme. sorry
- 01:19:237 (7) - Put a finish at the slider end, it's in the music and you used a similar pattern before.done
- 01:21:136 (4) - Put a finish here in addition to the clap? It sounds really good because it's in the music as well. (note: you used a finish on 00:32:528 (3), which is even more reason to put it here as well)done
- 01:23:225 (6) - Put a finish at the end of the slider (you used it in the first kiai as well).done
- 01:29:490 (6) - Finish at the slider start, it's in the music as well.done
- The map played fine and was actually somewhat fun as well. However, when you look at it better, you sometimes cannot tell what musical line are you following. 00:58:921 - from this point onward, you could say you're trying to follow the drum only, then you switch to voice at 01:02:339 (3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10) - here. This is okay, but this could be handled much better if you emphasized that change. Best way to do that is place a new combo where such a change occurs, and add additional hitsounds (soft whistle for example) on key moments in the vocals. This way a player can play by the ear instead of just staring into the map and hitting stuff.
Then we have things like this: 01:24:933 (3,4), etc - these whistles don't follow a distinct musical line (you could argue that they would follow the guitar, but then the whistle is irrelevant because the guitar plays a tone every 1/2 more or less). These whistles are okay, but it's always better if you can emphasize something in the music, for example the voice (you could place a whistle every time a voice lands on a note or something, as you already have lots of notes placed and most of them follow the drum).
And lastly, things like this: 00:29:490 (2,3,4,5,6). These are okay, but they are boring. basically you just copypasted the stuff. I suggest you change the positions of those so every position is unique because this isn't fun. Don't get me wrong, they are correct, but nothing more than that.
- 00:19:807 (2) - Finish at the arrow.done
- 00:30:630 (4) - Finish at the end as well as the clap.done
- 01:17:908 (2) - Finish at the end.done
- 01:18:478 (3) - ^done
- 01:19:237 (4) - ^done
- 01:20:187 (5) - New combo here instead of 01:20:946 (1).done
- 01:20:946 (1) - Remove this finish, it's off a little.done
That's about it. I didn't want to combonazi or spacingnazi too much, because it's not really required for higher diffs unless it makes stuff really wrong. Hopefully this was of some use to you and good luck.