Derekku wrote:Was asked to check the timing, so here we go:
130 BPM; 2012 offset (felt pretty constant, but since it's a crescendo into the song it was a bit tricky)
158 BPM; 3858 offset (same BPM as before, but I felt like the offset needed a -5)
I was testplaying Insane, and overall it was fun (especially the largely-spaced streams), but I didn't care for the low volume notes (e.g. 5/10/30%), they were just waaay too quiet.
- 00:43:731 (5) - 这里加clap, 去掉00:43:921的clap,这样感觉更好 done
- 01:20:946 (1) - 去掉clap, normal hitsound + soft finish的混合音听着感觉并不好 done
- 01:34:047 (5,6,7) - 我觉得对于normal难度来说这里3个红线的note节奏并不好抓, 不如像你之前那几个slider那样白红-红白-白红, 即01:34:047, 01:34:237然后01:34:617, 01:34:807, slider或者双note我觉得都行
@ @... 看情况吧......
thank you very much
lolcubes wrote:Hello there, zsr123!
Here's some modding action.
- Remove letterboxing from the breaks, it looks ugly combined with your video. I don't like the break you placed, but I see no better alternative so you can leave it, but letterboxing has to go then.lettlerbox removed
- 00:03:858 (1,2,3) - These caught me off guard. It's impossible to notice the bpm has changed until you finish the slider, or unless you know the song. Don't get me wrong, this is fine, however I have a suggestion which may be a better idea to do. For example, you could start with a repeating slider, then a long slider and then continue as you want. This way, even if the player doesn't notice the bpm change immediately, he will not miss or get a 100 because after the reapeter (which should be enough for most of the people to notice the bpm change) comes a slider which you can click slightly late and still succeed. This is only a suggestion, and I hope you see the reason for this.done, should be good now I guess..
- 00:24:364 (6) - Remove this clap? It's not in the music.no,I wanted to add a rhyme here.. sorry
- 00:35:566 (5) - Add finish maybe? (note: you used it later on in the map - 01:23:794 (7))done
- 00:54:933 (1) - Remove new combo.done
- 00:55:883 (1) - This new combo would make much more sense if you placed it at 00:55:503 (7) instead, because that's the spot where music changes a little. Since you used distance snap here, no real reason to place new combos randomly.ok
- 00:57:782 (1) - You could also remove this new combo, because it's not required nor does it follow something specific in the music (like a change in music or when you follow something else instead of a drum or whatever). Removing these new combos I pointed out makes your map more consistent as well (you used a new combo approx. every 2 stanzas).done
- 01:12:972 (6) - Remove this clap? It's not in the music.also.. add rhyme. sorry
- 01:19:237 (7) - Put a finish at the slider end, it's in the music and you used a similar pattern before.done
- 01:21:136 (4) - Put a finish here in addition to the clap? It sounds really good because it's in the music as well. (note: you used a finish on 00:32:528 (3), which is even more reason to put it here as well)done
- 01:23:225 (6) - Put a finish at the end of the slider (you used it in the first kiai as well).done
- 01:29:490 (6) - Finish at the slider start, it's in the music as well.done
- The map played fine and was actually somewhat fun as well. However, when you look at it better, you sometimes cannot tell what musical line are you following. 00:58:921 - from this point onward, you could say you're trying to follow the drum only, then you switch to voice at 01:02:339 (3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10) - here. This is okay, but this could be handled much better if you emphasized that change. Best way to do that is place a new combo where such a change occurs, and add additional hitsounds (soft whistle for example) on key moments in the vocals. This way a player can play by the ear instead of just staring into the map and hitting stuff.
Then we have things like this: 01:24:933 (3,4), etc - these whistles don't follow a distinct musical line (you could argue that they would follow the guitar, but then the whistle is irrelevant because the guitar plays a tone every 1/2 more or less). These whistles are okay, but it's always better if you can emphasize something in the music, for example the voice (you could place a whistle every time a voice lands on a note or something, as you already have lots of notes placed and most of them follow the drum).
And lastly, things like this: 00:29:490 (2,3,4,5,6). These are okay, but they are boring. basically you just copypasted the stuff. I suggest you change the positions of those so every position is unique because this isn't fun. Don't get me wrong, they are correct, but nothing more than that.
- 00:19:807 (2) - Finish at the arrow.done
- 00:30:630 (4) - Finish at the end as well as the clap.done
- 01:17:908 (2) - Finish at the end.done
- 01:18:478 (3) - ^done
- 01:19:237 (4) - ^done
- 01:20:187 (5) - New combo here instead of 01:20:946 (1).done
- 01:20:946 (1) - Remove this finish, it's off a little.done
That's about it. I didn't want to combonazi or spacingnazi too much, because it's not really required for higher diffs unless it makes stuff really wrong. Hopefully this was of some use to you and good luck.
I don't know if it's a good idea to map the 130 BPM section; by the time you get used to it, it's already changed. Oh well.
00:15:250 (4) - Make this not partially cover the next 1?fixed
Good points: A gentle upward difficulty slope from start to finish, plays very smoothly and well.
Points of consideration: What I said abovel, and other little messy things occur throughout. Another common one is that hitbursts will frequently cover or partially cover notes that come after, because the notes bend back on themselves, such as01:30:820 (4,5,6,1,2,3). Also doesn't look as good.should be better now I guess..
00:54:933 (7,8,9,10,11,12,1) - I didn't think this stream fit very well.
01:23:794 (7) - This slider repeat is covered for a bit long, it doesn't appear until the note almost starts. With such fast sliders, I'd avoid this.fixed
Pretty good map.
Kytoxid wrote:[Shiki's Hard]
I'd recommend following Insane's example for the opening if you map it; use plenty of sliders to make the timing windows a bit more lenient. ok (:
01:16:769 (3) - Partially covered by the hitburst of 7, so it doesn't look too good. Maybe you can flip it to the other side? done
01:27:022 (4) - How about continuing the previous pattern? End this on the white tick so that there's a beat there, and add a note where the current endpoint is. ok
A bunch of unused timing sections you could delete if you felt like it, or maybe they had some purpose but weren't configured properly:
01:26:832 - deleted
256,192,2012,12,8,423700:34:617 (2) - Sticking to the offbeats during the kiai plays incredibly awkwardly. I really recommend you try a different rhythm here. You have some really good choices in the music that I really don't have to suggest anything, I hope.
thanks for modding.
Garven wrote:[All difficulties]
01:34:997 (1) - Should fade this spinner out. It's really loud.done
Apply this to the first hitobject in your .osu. This will snap the spinner to the correct beat.fixed256,192,2012,12,8,423700:34:617 (2) - Sticking to the offbeats during the kiai plays incredibly awkwardly. I really recommend you try a different rhythm here. You have some really good choices in the music that I really don't have to suggest anything, I hope.should be better now I guess
In general it felt like you were relying on the offbeats waaay too much on this difficulty.
00:27:971 (11,2,3) - The overlap here is kinda eh especially considering you have fairly large spacing.
And since I'm here, 00:26:452 (6,11) - are aligned fairly poorly.should be better now I guess
01:18:478 (5) - This rhythm was kind of unexpected. Might play better as a stack instead of a slider.done
In general, the design of the patterns felt a little poor. The high spacing and fast slider speed aren't helping for sure, but if you try to take a little more care in how you present your map it will up the quality by ten-fold.
Garven wrote:[Shiki's Hard]
00:02:012 (1,2,3,4) - strange that you have such wider spacing compared to the rest of the map during a minutely slower part. If anything, smaller spacing -> larger spacing would make more sense with a BPM increase. Fixed spacing
00:38:414 (1,3) - This overlap is pretty ugly. D: I think now is better.
00:51:706 (4,5,6) - The larger spacing here didn't feel very smooth Done
00:57:022 (2) - Extend to 00:57:782 - and add a finish. OK
The way you use your sliders combined with your hitsounding leaves big gaping holes where I'm expecting a custom clap or a finish and all I get is the hiss of the slider slide. :<
Garven wrote:I'm getting -14 ms on offset. Apply that (or if you can find a better one) to both offsets on all difficulties and resnap.